Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #16
Lynne M
 
Lynne M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 9,086
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfinpiratee View Post

Well, does Coronado have a food court with a microwave???
Every Disney resort has a microwave and toaster in their food court or quick service location for guest use.

If you absolutely, positively need one in your room, you can be certain of getting one if you stay in any room at any DVC resort, or a family suite at AsMu or AoA. I'm not sure about the Fort Wilderness cabins, anyone know if they have microwaves?

At any other resort, there is a possibility that you might be able to get one for your room, but no guarantee.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #17
Surfinpiratee
DIS Veteran
 
Surfinpiratee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,423

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom

CSR has microwaves on request, first come, first served. Just ask at check-in. I have never heard of them running out of them. You cannot request them in advance.
Okay thank you!!
__________________
Trip Report: WAIT. IS THAT THE SWALPHIN?!

Next Disney Vacation in the works!


Current PTR: We must return to the magic!
Surfinpiratee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-05-2013, 10:56 PM   #18
Disney grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfinpiratee View Post
Well, does Coronado have a food court with a microwave???
When I said that we had requested and received microwaves in our room at Poly and BC, I was referring to your original question about deluxe resorts having microwaves, I have never stayed at CSR so I don't know the answer to this.
Disney grandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #19
fla4fun
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: near Orlando
Posts: 8,607

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne M View Post
Every Disney resort has a microwave and toaster in their food court or quick service location for guest use.

If you absolutely, positively need one in your room, you can be certain of getting one if you stay in any room at any DVC resort, or a family suite at AsMu or AoA. I'm not sure about the Fort Wilderness cabins, anyone know if they have microwaves?

At any other resort, there is a possibility that you might be able to get one for your room, but no guarantee.
Yes, FW cabins also have microwaves.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #20
JustMinnie
The TF's notice everyone and everything...
 
JustMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Auburn, IN
Posts: 238

We stayed at CSR this past May, and got one right away when we requested it. But they are first come, first served.
JustMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #21
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker and Fairly Good Sailing Master
 
TheRustyScupper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 15-min from WDW.
Posts: 19,692

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison View Post
Just to clarify...
That is not correct. Family suites have microwaves.
1) Yes.
2) Let me explain.
3) Sometimes as a CM, we describe rooms differently and use "shorthand".
4) To us,
. . . DVC rooms are "suites"
. . . Family Rooms are "suites"
. . . rooms don't have microwaves, suite do have mocrowaves
5) These suites do have microwaves, so I should have remembered to detail these.
6) Sorry about the confusion.

NOTE: There are some resorts that still have a few microwaves left. If
they exist, you can get them. We are instructed not to mention them, as
most resorts do not have them and those that do will no longer carry them
once they break or break down.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #22
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise
 
disney1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Maryland
Posts: 10,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
1) Yes.
2) Let me explain.
3) Sometimes as a CM, we describe rooms differently and use "shorthand".
4) To us,
. . . DVC rooms are "suites"
. . . Family Rooms are "suites"
. . . rooms don't have microwaves, suite do have mocrowaves
5) These suites do have microwaves, so I should have remembered to detail these.
6) Sorry about the confusion.

NOTE: There are some resorts that still have a few microwaves left. If
they exist, you can get them. We are instructed not to mention them, as
most resorts do not have them and those that do will no longer carry them
once they break or break down.
Come on, you should know by now that this is the DIS board and that every answer must be absolutely correct. Thank you for all the information that you provide on a regular basis. It is greatly appreciated.
__________________
Life is a Journey – remember to appreciate everyday -- be happy for this moment...this moment is your life



disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:59 PM   #23
BamaDisneyBoy
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 52

Last time we stayed at CSR (12-11), I requested one when we checked in at the resort. They brought within minutes of us getting to our room.
BamaDisneyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.