Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2013, 12:36 PM   #16
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

Lots of people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Who is riding the monorail from 11-6?
Everybody staying at a monorail hotel who goes to the park for rope drop and then goes back to the hotel for a break in the afternoon.

Best Aunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #17
Shaden
DIS Veteran

I totally get the point of the OP.

He/She is probably spending thousand, or Thousands, more then they would to stay at POR or any Mod for that matter. IF the appeal to the Poly is the monorail, which I have seen like a hundred deluxe snobs say exactly those words "The poly is worth the extra money because of the Monorail" ... Then yes, I'd be demanding a switch and a refund of the difference, and maybe some compensation for the need for the switch. Or, just compensation equaling the difference between the Poly and POR.

They can't sell you a trip, including amenities, then you get there, have paid, and those amenities aren't offered.

That would be like buying a car, and when its delivered getting a different interior then you ordered (one not nearly as good) you don't say, well, its still the car you ordered.

The OP paid for the Poly, including the Monorail (since that's a MAJOR portion of what you are paying for at the Poly), and if the monorail isn't running the way its supposed to, the way its advertised and sold as, then the OP should be compensated.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #18
LovemesomeDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peainapod View Post
They have to do maintenance sometimes.... Would you rather one day of inconvenience or problems with the monorail? Who knows, maybe there was a major problem that could have caused an accident. Maybe I am in the minority, but your at Disney at an awesome resort. Why complain?
The letter states it will be closed approximate two weeks between hours of 11-6 to accommodate construction at GF. I would be very upset too that they waited until now to tell the guests.
LovemesomeDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #19
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Who is riding the monorail from 11-6?
Anyone heading back to the resort in the afternoon, or anyone heading out for ADRs ...

So ... a ton of people I would imagine ?
Old 10-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #20
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

If you ask for a discount instead of moving, i'm pretty sure theywould give itto you.
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #21
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
Anyone heading back to the resort in the afternoon, or anyone heading out for ADRs ...

So ... a ton of people I would imagine ?
Exactly what I am thinking! If the monorail is still down from 11 to 6 in three weeks, it totally screws my plans and ADR and Fast Pass + choices.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #22
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Yeah...I KNOW people taking midday breaks or who have lunch ADR's, but the boats still work to the Poly and GF and you can walk to CR. I see it as a non issue.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #23
fabulousfive
DIS Veteran

Oh I would be so upset! We stay at the GF & the perk for us is totally the monorail. If it were down those hours the whole time we were there, my heart would sink. But I would not let it ruin my trip. I would stay at the Poly & like PPs suggested, try other monorails or the boat. Once you figure out how to do it it may not be that big of a deal. Hang in there & truly try not to let it bring you down too much so that you can simply enjoy your trip!
fabulousfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #24
jce2
Mouseketeer

Arent the monorails bidirectional? Simply run the monorail back and forth from Poly to MK, avoiding the GF construction all together. Doesn't solve the problem for GF but does for Poly and Contemp.

WDW 1990, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2013
DL 1997, 1999
Next up? WDW in December 2014!!

jce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #25
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah...I KNOW people taking midday breaks or who have lunch ADR's, but the boats still work to the Poly and GF and you can walk to CR. I see it as a non issue.
Yes, but what if you have ADR in MK AND fastpass + in Epcot with only an hour or less to get there? If you don't get n the bus fast enough, you are screwed.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #26
Tigger's ally
Segway test dummy

The monorail is just one of many upgrades that the Poly has over POR. Wishes from the beach, a TS resaurant on the grounds, and bigger rooms just to name a few. There is no way they should discount the room down to POR prices. I would say discount the rooms exactly one half the difference between WL and Poly. The main reason for only half of that is that the monorail is open for rope drop and after 6.

They must be building the deck at the GF villas. Totally understandable that they have to have it closed.

Aside from that, there really is no need to be mad over it. I love the launch from WL to MK, but last time I was there, the day we went to MK was a thunderstorm most of the day and the launch was shutdown. I understood and took the bus.
Tigger's ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #27
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker and Fairly Good Sailing Master

1) We stayed at The Grand (as CM's call it) during the Grand Floridian DVC construction.
2) The monorail was shutdown from 11:00am-6:00pm
. . . the notice gave those as "possible" hours
. . . most of the time, the monorail was only shutdown for 2-4 hours
3) There was only a minor inconvenience
. . . we always took the boat during monorail shutdown periods
. . . the put on extra boats on the construction days
. . . there was also a bus if we wished to use it
4) Yes, some people REALLY complained
. . . some were extremely vocal and boisterous
. . . the managers just looked at them and let them spout
. . . then, the manager said there was nothing to be done
. . . no cash compensation or other comp's
. . . however, the guest had the right to move to another resort

5) PERSONALLY SPEAKING
. . . we couldn't see the reason for the loud complaints
. . . things happen
. . . sure, a minor inconvenience, but only during the afternoon
. . . however, the boat was a good alliterative, and they were frequent
. . . people could/should be more flexible
. . . it is just a "speed bump on the road of life"
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #28
jaykorf001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If it's a non-issue then why the need for the monorail at all?? Sorry, but I disagree with your statement.

I'm with the OP, if I paid all that money for the Poly I'd be upset too -- especially since it seems Disney knew and did not notify people of the daily closure. I understand the need to vent.
jaykorf001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #29
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

I would be extremely upset to. If I was booked at the Poly and had I paid $$$ and the monorail was down during my stay since I use a ECV it would have inconvenienced me greatly especially since I would not have the option to use the boat from the Poly to MK as I understand ECVs are not permitted aboard.

I feel the OP is Definately right to be upset.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila

Last edited by sjs314; 10-05-2013 at 05:24 PM.
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #30
Snyders22000
Earning My Ears

I'd definitely be upset! We are paying extra to stay at a monorail resort later this year. We have 3 kiddos under 5 years old and being able to push our stroller onto the monorail (If it's not too crowded) is one of the main reasons we booked at the resort. We will be coming back and forth for mid afternoon naps everyday. I think a free night or some sort of compensation would be appropriate, especially since the closure is for more than one day.
Snyders22000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: