Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #1
wendybeth75
DIS Veteran

At Poly now---monorail closed from 11-6!

Very unhappy, just got a flier under the door saying it's bus service (or boat) from 11-6 that the monorail is down for construction. Called front desk and they were unaware of a flier going out. Talked with a manager and may move to POR. I didn't pay big $ to ride the bus.

July 2000 Off Property,Oct 2003 All Star sports, Apr 2011 POR, Sept 2011 POR, Oct 2012 BC, Dec 2012 POR, Oct 2013 POLY, Dec 2013 weekend Caribe Royale, Apr 2014 AKL/WL-CL

wendybeth75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendybeth75 View Post
Very unhappy, just got a flier under the door saying it's bus service (or boat) from 11-6 that the monorail is down for construction. Called front desk and they were unaware of a flier going out. Talked with a manager and may move to POR. I didn't pay big $ to ride the bus.
If you want to talk to a manager, GO to the front desk...don't call. Calling only gets you to a call center that will answer as the front desk but isn't there at all. That's why they didn't know about the fliers. Good luck!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2013, 10:56 AM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm sorry about the monorail. That is very disappointing and frustrating when staying at a monorail resort for the monorail (and paying those rates) to have it be shut down (especially for that long) . In order to talk to a manager, you would have to go to the front desk as calling will only get you a call center. Good luck.
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #4
peainapod
Mouseketeer

They have to do maintenance sometimes.... Would you rather one day of inconvenience or problems with the monorail? Who knows, maybe there was a major problem that could have caused an accident.

Maybe I am in the minority, but your at Disney at an awesome resort. Why complain?
peainapod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #5
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

That stinks. That's when they should be giving people discounts off their stay or a gift card or something. Part of the staying at a monorail resort is the monorail.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #6
Patrickiii
Earning My Ears

Quote:
OMG its 7 hours get over it ... why change your resort over something no one has control over .so you ride a bus one time
Patrickiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #7
wendybeth75
DIS Veteran

Thanks for tips. It isn't just one day, if it were one day I wouldn't complain. This is due to the construction somehow, not a refurb. I worked a lot of overtime for that little convenience. 11-6 daily is a pain. On a happy not aside fr walking
To the TTC you don't even notice the construction going on.

July 2000 Off Property,Oct 2003 All Star sports, Apr 2011 POR, Sept 2011 POR, Oct 2012 BC, Dec 2012 POR, Oct 2013 POLY, Dec 2013 weekend Caribe Royale, Apr 2014 AKL/WL-CL

wendybeth75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #8
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

IMO taking the boat from the MK resorts is a lot more relaxing and fun than being enclosed in a smelly monorail car. I'd rather see them close for maintenance than be stuck in a car for hours because of a problem. Perhaps inquire about how many days they will have it closed and let that inform your decision to move. It could have to do with the GF villas construction, I think they had monorail closures early on with that project.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
Future trips on hold due to DS8's leukemia diagnosis

Me (43) DH (40) DS (8) DD (8)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #9
Polydweller
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Or take the 5 minute walk to the TTC and take the express monorail or the ferry. It's only the resort monorail that's being worked on. There are so many transportation options that many people are like us and rarely take the resort monorail. Personally haven't been on it for years, much prefer the resort launch. And it's only 11-6 not all day.

Let me get this straight, you are willing to go to POR where the only option is the bus rather than ride the bus at the Poly or walk 5 minutes to get the monorail. Something doesn't add up to me.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #10
ski37
Mouseketeer

How many days is it closed?

ski
ski37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #11
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

I would take the resort launch or walk to the TTC and ride the ferry. I can't stand the monorail but love the boats.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #12
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

You didn;t pay all that money to ride the bus...but you're going to move to POR which ONLY has bus service?

Who is riding the monorail from 11-6? That's when most folks are IN a park. Besides, taking the launch boat from the POly is relaxing, beautiful and pretty fast. As is the FIVE minute walk to the TTC to grab the express monorail (if it's running).

Something ain't quite right about all this...
Old 10-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #13
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

I think she doesn't want to pay the Poly's prices if she doesn't have the monorail. I don't see what the big deal here is. The price of the monorail is rolled into the resort price.

I think that if Disney proactively did something in exchange for inconveniences like this, maybe people wouldn't get annoyed at stuff like this. But they usually don't. And it doesn't take much...."Hey, the monorail is going to be down for these hours this week, here is a $20 gift card on us," etc. Sometimes good customer service is about making a goodwill gesture.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:09 PM   #14
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Now this is funny.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #15
LovemesomeDW
Mouseketeer

I am sorry OP. I just heard that this will be in effect for approximately 2 weeks. I too would be very upset!
LovemesomeDW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: