Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2013, 08:29 AM   #16
Prose
DIS Veteran

I was wondering about the wreath hangers, too, but I have seen them scratch painted metal doors, so I was a little hesitant. I do like the suction cups - great idea!

Me , DH , DD (14)
MK 1973, Epcot 1991 with DH
First magical trip with DD June '07
Disney Cruise on the WONDER March '08
WONDER cruise to Alaska June '11
Awesome trip to WDW October 2012 MNSSHP
Sailed the Eastern on the Fantasy 10/19/13
Prose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:42 PM   #17
GreatDaneMom
DIS Veteran

http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Vinyl-St...ng+shoe+holder

My daughter used this one from Amazon and hung it in the closet right outside of the bathroom. Our bathroom has never looked so uncluttered on a ship before!
8/12 Disney Dream - Bahamas
10/11 Celebrity Millenium - Western
12/10 Disney Wonder - Bahamas, 11/10 Crown Princess - Western, 8/10 Disney Wonder - Bahamas, 5/10 Carnival Dream - Western
10/09 RCCL Grandeur - Bermuda, 5/09 RCCL Grandeur - Bermuda, 2/09 RCCL Monarch - Bahamas
11/08 Disney Magic - Western, 8/08 RCCL Grandeur - Bermuda, 6/08 NCL Pearl - Alaska
6/07 RCCL Empress - Bermuda, 2/07 Disney Wonder - Bahamas
9/06 RCCL Jewel - Transatlantic, 5/06 RCCL Mariner - Eastern, 4/06 RCCL Grandeur - Western
9/05 RCCL Grandeur - Western, 5/05 Disney Wonder - Bahamas
GreatDaneMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #18
kpadalik
DIS Veteran

Thank you all for so many great alternative ideas! I'm going to figure out which one will work best for us! Thanks again for all the help!!!
Old 10-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #19
mumto2
Mouseketeer

Ok, newbie question...why do I need one of these? Cuz if the Dis says I need one, then clearly I do, but what do I do with it?
Last trips: Fort Wilderness Cabins 2008, Mommy and Me weekend at ASMo, Grand Gathering at the Cabins, both in 2010, POP surprise in 2011, 2012 Harry Potter and Cars in the same trip, Disneyland for a day solo 2013

Next trips: DLR with the kids and Thanksgiving on the Dream 2014

Trip Report: Guess What Kids? You get to plan your first trip to Disneyland!
mumto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #20
ready123go
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumto2 View Post
Ok, newbie question...why do I need one of these? Cuz if the Dis says I need one, then clearly I do, but what do I do with it?
I use mine (qty 2 - one inside the bathroom & one outside the bathroom) to hold most of our (my ) clutter.

The one inside is for toiletries, make-up, hair brushes, ponytail bands, hair product, sanitary products, etc. The one outside the bathroom door I use to hold snacks (raisins, GF pretzels), sunscreen, anything I take on excursions, and other stuff that I can't think of at the moment (but is apparently completely necessary to my existence on a cruise ).

It is just for organization. If you don't think you will need it, don't bother. But if it will make your life easier, then get one or two.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #21
Green Tea
I don't do hatchets

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumto2 View Post
Oh wow, I am in the minority but I don't think they are needed at all. Same as you, first cruise I took one because the Dis made me think I did. I never used it. 5 people that time and there was plenty of shelf space in the bathrooms.

Next time 2 people and again no need for that.

At home I don't hand my deodorant in a packet. Next to a pocket with a razer, and a pocket of Advil. It's just all in my make up bag which is how it sits on the shelf in a cruise bathroom.

While small, they are exceedingly well thought out in terms of shelves and storage.
Green Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:29 PM   #22
delo4
Mouseketeer
I am not a fancy food eater

Everyone is different. For us, we hate clutter and stuff laying around on the shelves or countertops. And with 4 adults there will be lots of stuff. We put in the shoe holder things that we can grab and use in either of the bathroom sides/ sinks.

These are some of the things we use our shoe holder for -

4 pairs of sunglasses, 4 KTTW cards/lanyards, phone/ camera chargers, RX's, Tylenol/ OTC meds, sunscreen, 4 toothbrushes, toothpaste, combs, brushes, lint brush, wrinkle reducer, make-up, q-tips, eye drops, band aids, contact lens cases/ solution, etc

Anyway, I'm sure you get the picture.

Thanks for all the good ideas, I need to find a way to make a shoe holder work yet conform to the DCL rules and not scratch up the door.
delo4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:59 AM   #23
debsters41
DIS Veteran

I tied a ribbon to mine and hung it outside the bathrooms on the hook provided so everyone could have access and close enough to the door to pop in keys, etc. I also found collapsible boxes to be very convenient for clutter. I won't travel again without the boxes.

debsters41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:22 PM   #24
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

I liked the idea so much, that I now have one hanging in my OWN bathroom on the door!!

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #25
CamColt
Only thinks she’s not losing it
Mom gone wild!
I really feel like I have a good grip on things now
B1 BINGO!

Along with all the items mentioned above I even put all the flip flops/beach shoes in the bottom pockets. With 4 people I find the number of shoes we have takes up more space than the closet floor/shelves offers so its nice to eliminate 4 right there.

Other items I use it for that I don't think I saw listed are vitamins, perfume, laundry detergent, and sea bands.

I do put some things like powder, deodorant, my make up bag, tooth brushes/paste on the shelves in the bathrooms but there are a lot of other little things that would just be thrown all around the desk or shelves to make a mess of clutter. And I would be the only one in the room who would care about the mess and end up cleaning all day, LOL!

CamColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:35 PM   #26
Justicebreez
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFreeze View Post

We cruised before they made this rule change, but one idea I saw out there was to use two shoe organizers and instead of using the hooks, put string between them and have one on each side of the door. Double the storage and no hooks to scratch the paint.
Great idea!!
Justicebreez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:35 PM   #27
Stitch'sCousin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER/POOH4 View Post
I tied a wood dowel to the top of the over the organizer and then wired both ends. See below for the finished product hanging in the bathroom on the Fantasy.

We did something almost identical to this one when we were on the Fantasy, except we hung ours outside the bathroom on the single wall hook beside the queen size bed. (I don't have any photos)
Stitch'sCousin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #28
Justicebreez
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the great ideas!
Justicebreez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #29
sweetiee
Mouseketeer

I found I didn't use ours this time. We had a slightly bigger verandah room and the bathrooms seemed to have enough shelf space. I also put all my makeup, hAir stuff in the drawer next to the chair at the desk for my morning routine. That took care of a lot of items.
Our shower had a small set of shelves that helped although I brought a shower hanger with pockets. I never opened it do I'll take it back.
We brought small baskets to put Halloween gifts in for our kids. They ended up being great for their stash. DS even stored his glasses each night over the edge of his basket do he could find them. I'll bring small baskets next time too.
Oh, and we were never yd to use our door hanger. I kept it hung but never needed it. Now yo figure out what to do with it at home. Don't need more shoes! Or do I?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: