Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2013, 02:42 AM   #1
dita029
Earning My Ears

What outfits do I pack????

I will be cruising on the 26th to key west, Nassau and Castaway Cay and have no clue what type of clothes to pack my family lol. Shorts, summer dresses, or pants and long sleeves? I have bought all new fall clothes for my daughter but wonder if i should be packing her summer clothes? How is the weather during the day? Please help with what you all normally pack during this time of the year while cruising
dita029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:06 AM   #2
DisneyBelle99
DIS Veteran

Just got back. Hot! Beach and water perfect for swimming. Think tropics. We had jackets with us, never even wore them at the airport. Sundresses with a shrug, pirate costumes, and lots of capris and t shirts. DH wore shorts or bathing suit every day.Hot! Sunscreen!
DisneyBelle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2013, 04:57 AM   #3
n8nally
DIS Veteran

It was 90 yesterday in Orlando. Maybe google Bahamas temps so you can see for yourself. It's still summer here.

I've eaten at 148 out of 247 restaurants at Walt Disney World (60%)
I've eaten at 56 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (64%)
I've eaten at 39 out of 73 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (53%)
I've eaten at 6 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (33%)
I've eaten at 2 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (67%)

n8nally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:57 AM   #4
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Yes, you will defintiely need summer clothes at this time of year in Bahamas Maybe a couple of light cardigans as it can get cooler in the evenings (and laso in the dining rooms).
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:48 AM   #5
Mama Odie
Mouseketeer

I recently found this great printable worksheet to help you plan out how many outfits to pack. Maybe it will keep me from packing too much this time, LOL!

The list came from this article:
http://blog.touringplans.com/2013/08...line-vacation/

Loved our first Disney cruise so much, I even wrote a song about it!
Mama Odie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #6
gunka
DIS Veteran

We are on the same cruise, really hope all the PP's are right. Really looking forward to nice warm beach weather
Old 10-04-2013, 12:50 PM   #7
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Odie View Post
I recently found this great printable worksheet to help you plan out how many outfits to pack. Maybe it will keep me from packing too much this time, LOL!

The list came from this article:
http://blog.touringplans.com/2013/08...line-vacation/
I must be missing the bit where it tells you how to plan how many outfits you need
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #8
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

The weather SHOULD be really nice, not too hot or cold. However, you can have those events that can pop up. The DW talks capri's, shorts, slacks, t-shirts, dress jackets bathing suit and hoodies! The theater is generally cool so no matter the time of year she can get cold, same can be true sometimes in the MDR Also, the sun goes down earlier so you don't have the direct sun in the early evening. If it is cool, it will be pretty cool with the wind with the ship travelling at the speeds that it does.

My theory is that it is easier to take something off than to put things on if you didn't bring them.

We will be on the same cruise also.

2014 - 3 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 1-Fantasy
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

Magic-6, Wonder-5, Dream-7, Fantasy-3
3 Day Cruises = 4, 4 Day Cruise = 7, 7 Day Cruises = 8, 8 Day Cruises = 2, B2B Cruises = 4, Grand Slam (4 ships 1 year) = 1 (so far)

Upcoming Cruises:
(22) 7 Night Southern Caribbean - Magic 2014
(23) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #9
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

I've sailed in December and January and we packed summer clothes. Brought a sweater for the dining room and theater.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #10
jahber
DIS Veteran

It's hard to say. We sailed after hurricane Sandy last year (Halloween cruise) and we were COLD! We are floridians, so it was too cold to swim and so, so windy. I had to repack all our suitcases two days before once we knew what the weather was going to be like. But regardless, I wouldn't plan on us packing JUST summer clothes for fall because our weather is essentially the same as the Bahamas, where it will be fall (kind of) . I would definitely need at least one pair of pants and a sweater for nighttime at least (neither of which make an appearance between April and October here at home )

All that to say, it depends on where you are from. AND, check the weather and make sure no storms are coming through. A fall storm can change the weather and water temps dramatically.
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #11
4HOLIDAYS
DIS Veteran

We are on 27th Dream-the weather is still pretty warm (80's) but for us that's just right. The water is warmer than our april/may trips so we plan on swimming at CC. So of course swim suits.

We have jaclets and slacks, shorts, polos, long sleeve oxford type shirts and jacket or hoodie for the boys and DH. I bring dresses, skirts, always a sweater plus a jacket, capris or shorts as well. It can get very chilly in movie theater, DR's and on deck in evening.

We are also bringing long pants and extra sweaters for when we get off. We went same time 2011, and even though we cked the weather several days before the cruise, when we were on it, a severe cold front came thru. The captain hid the boat behind the Bahamas islands while the worst went thru, tornados were thru our part of s, fla, and when we got off, it was winter weather in Fla. The lows were 40's! in Orlando. So now we always pack an extra set of warm clothes just in case.
4HOLIDAYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:42 PM   #12
scrapbookmomma74
We love DCL!!!

We just got off the Fantasy this morning. I had packed summer dresses and shorts. I regretted not having a pair of long pants, as I was always freezing in the dining rooms and the lounges. I did have a couple of wraps and sweaters to go with my dresses, but I was thinking I would be fine.
For a 3 night, there isn't a formal night, so casual sundresses and shorts for during the day. I only packed 3 pairs of shorts for 7 nights...you tend to only wear them for a few hours at a time, so I "recycle" shorts. I take 1 shirt per day for daytime wear, and then a dress for each dinner (I like dresses...lol).
Hope this helps!
A lifetime of memories at the "World"! 1974, 1975, 1983, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, DCL Magic 2010, DCL Magic 2011, DCL Dream 2011, DCL Magic 2012, DCL Fantasy 2012, DCL Dream 2012, DVC Member Cruise Dream 2013, DL Resort Summer 2013, DCL Fantasy 2013, DCL Magic 2014
[/url][url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
scrapbookmomma74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: