Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #16
dina444444
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shruley View Post
Thanks for all the info! I don't think we want to wait til April or May so I think we'll narrow it down to between early Nov or Jan.

To answer the earlier question, I'm not too worried about parks closing earlier. Like I said we'll have a 2 year old, so we usually never stay at the parks late anyways. We've always had a little one for the last 10 years (usually going in the off-season) and we usually tried to hit an 8pm evening show/parade as by the time it's over and we get back to our hotel room it's time for bed! We are also rope drop people, always there are park opening, so in that regard off season shorter hours works for us. We do want to see World of Color. We would be there over a weekend so I'm hoping we could still catch that. Some ride closures are ok, but maybe not quite as many as the PP mentioned being closed in early Sept! I was thinking maybe early Nov. would be better for ride closures? Hopefully?
It's a Small World is always closed at the beginning of November as they are putting up the holiday overlay. But both times tend to have a lot of closures but usually January tends to be heavier on the closure side.
dina444444 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:28 AM   #17
msmama
DIS Veteran

I think I've finally narrowed my upcoming trip down to late Jan/early Feb.

Like you, we don't really do late park days. I would love to see WOC and Fantasmic, but being just me and DS with sensory issues, I just don't know if it'd be doable. Once I took those 2 things off the table (unfortunately) it became an easier decision.

We also skip most of the mountains so specific ride closures aren't a huge deal for us. And hopefully I'll be late enough that things closed for removing xmas decorations will be back up.

I'm also a little bit concerned about whether or not it'll be swimming weather. Again, it's not worth changing the date, but it'd be nice if it's warm enough for a dip in the pool (I'll admit it, pools are the same as baths on vacation).

msmama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #18
dina444444
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmama View Post

Like you, we don't really do late park days. I would love to see WOC and Fantasmic, but being just me and DS with sensory issues, I just don't know if it'd be doable. Once I took those 2 things off the table (unfortunately) it became an easier decision.

We also skip most of the mountains so specific ride closures aren't a huge deal for us. And hopefully I'll be late enough that things closed for removing xmas decorations will be back up.

I'm also a little bit concerned about whether or not it'll be swimming weather. Again, it's not worth changing the date, but it'd be nice if it's warm enough for a dip in the pool (I'll admit it, pools are the same as baths on vacation).
The weather isn't going to be colder than mid 50-60s during the day at that time of year, it's rare when it's colder and we have times when it can be in the 70s-80s during those months.
dina444444 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #19
Blue32
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmama View Post

WOC will play every night, even in the offseason. Fantasmic will only show Fri.-Sun. nights in the offseason months.
Blue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #20
Gamegrl1
Mouseketeer

Personally I like to go in April because of the weather and shorter lines. Also earlier in the year (Jan, Feb.) it seemed to me that fewer attractions were offering FP. I mean, if the lines are short enough it wouldn't be necessary but I like FP!

However, the OP said that April doesn't work for them, I think. I did go in February for two days one time about 5 years ago and I don't recall big crowds (also, pre-Cars Land, as a PP mentioned).

Could you use a combination of guidebook and holiday calendars to plan? Avoid any special event at DLR...maybe even Google for conferences or school breaks that could affect the crowds?
Gamegrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #21
pinksand
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamegrl1 View Post
Could you use a combination of guidebook and holiday calendars to plan? Avoid any special event at DLR...maybe even Google for conferences or school breaks that could affect the crowds?
In the past I've checked the Anaheim Convention Center Calendar plus the school calendars for LAUSD and Orange USD. It's not completely comprehensive, but it's a good start. Plus Touring Plans as well.
My Stay in the Disneyland Dream Suite
pinksand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #22
Princess351
Earning My Ears

Ever since I went to Disneyland for my birthday a few years ago (which is in mid-November) I've always sworn that mid November is *the* time to go! I have recently been to Disneyland in mid-September and early January and I still think that out of all of my fall/winter trips, mid November is the least crowded time.

I did notice lighter crowds in early January as well, but it did get a little cooler than I like in the evenings, and one thing to consider with a January trip is that the Haunted Mansion might be closed for its transformation back from the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay that they do. (I know it was closed when I went last January.)

I vote for mid November: Low crowds, holidays decorations are up... nothing closed for overlays (Space Mountain will have had their ghost galaxy overlay removed, Small World will be in Christmas mode, and the Haunted Mansion should be up and running.) ...Just my thoughts. Of course, you will have fun no matter what
Princess351 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: