Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 10:20 PM   #1
DisFam95
DIS Veteran

Supershuttle from SNA/time. vs taxi

Leaving in a couple days and have not locked down ground transport. People have said 4 or more a taxi is cheaper.

3 of us are arriving at one time and DH is coming in next day then all 4 returning to airport. So I need 3 legs to this. Debating on options...shuttle vs taxi or combo.

I know the shuttle is a shared ride so you never know how many stops but I guess I'm assuming most stops would likely be along HArbor. We'll be waiting for DH to arrive in the morning so I'm thinking of just doing a taxi but paying $40-45 for one way/one person

What do the experts say ??
Sum/74; Sum/78; Sum/82; Sum/87 Polynesian; Sum/93 Caribbean Beach; 8/95 Port Orleans - Honeymoon; 5/97; 8/99 Caribbean Beach; 9/01 Wilderness Lodge - became a DVC member!!!; 12/02; 1/04; 2/05; 2/06; 10/06; 5/08 Villas at Wilderness Lodge; 6/11 Wildreness Lodge
Me DH DS12 DS8
DisFam95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #2
DizMe
Here we gooooo...
It's amazing how that happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam95 View Post
Leaving in a couple days and have not locked down ground transport. People have said 4 or more a taxi is cheaper.

3 of us are arriving at one time and DH is coming in next day then all 4 returning to airport. So I need 3 legs to this. Debating on options...shuttle vs taxi or combo.

I know the shuttle is a shared ride so you never know how many stops but I guess I'm assuming most stops would likely be along HArbor. We'll be waiting for DH to arrive in the morning so I'm thinking of just doing a taxi but paying $40-45 for one way/one person

What do the experts say ??
I'd say I'd definitely have my dh take the shuttle! It's fast and easy, and much cheaper. He'll only have to pay $10 with SuperShuttle and that's at full price. He can get a discount if you google it. I used to use code UYR59 for $3 off--so $7 each way--but I don't think it works anymore. There are others, though, that can get you $2 off, but it would be easiest just to go over and get a shuttle in the Ground Transportation area when he gets there (no reservation required).

For 3 of you, you would save about $10-15 with a shuttle vs taxi. It is rare but it does happen that sometimes the shuttle goes to a residential area and it takes a little longer. I've only had that happen once and I've used the SuperShuttle probably 20 times from SNA. It's easiest to hop in a taxi and be on your way. If I had a code that saved me $6-9 on the shuttle fare (say, $24 for 3), I would choose that over a $40-45 taxi ride.

Now for your return trip, I'd say take a taxi. If you're staying onsite, ask for a flat rate taxi voucher at the Guest Services or bell desk and you'll get a guaranteed fare of $35. Note: this voucher is good from any DLR area hotel, so if your hotel does not have them, try asking for one at GCH guest services if you happen to visit their lobby. But even without the voucher, a taxi is the way to go on your return with 4 of you.

DizHe and DizMe DizWees DizHe & Our 4 Princesses
DizMe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
yankeepenny
YANKEE Sock Crocker

I always use the shuttle. just booked again-they are great.

my spouse knows I got there safe, I get right to hotel door, drop bags and am off.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
Disney Lvr of Old
Mouseketeer

I loved my taxi option. it cost $45 with tip from SNA to PPH and $40 with tip from PPH to SNA. It was 15 minutes each way- no waiting at the airport and I made the ressie for the return trip with the hotel voucher. It costs more but I know I'm getting where I want to go the quickest way.

PLANNING Disneyland Paris!!!!

DLR~ 9/23-9/30/13
MHP 9/27/13
Numerous trips to DLR 1995-2005
(I remember Rocket Rods, the private entrance into DCA from PPH, Mulholland Drive and when low crowd levels were actually low!)
Disney Lvr of Old is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: