Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Two Weeks of Dining with the Aloha Crew, June 2013 - *Complete*

Hi, My name is Tina.

We had a 2 week vacation to Disney World from 6/15 to 6/28/2013. It was one of our best Disney Vacations yet.

Here is our photo at Magic Kingdom, I love this!

I have never done a dining review or a Trip Report. I have completed a PTR.

My crew is Shawn, my loving husband, Aaron (Son), and Allison (Princess).

I will probably be boring and we are pretty plain eaters. So nothing too exciting!

6/15
Wolfgang Puck Express Breakfast
Goofy's Candy Company Snacks
Good's Food To Go Lunch
Big Top Treats Snacks
Peco's Bills Dinner

6/16 Father's Day
Cape May Breakfast
Hurricane Hanna's Lunch
Cape May Dinner
Karamell-Kuche Snacks
Fife and Drum Snacks

6/17
Yorkshire Fish Shop Lunch
Les Halles Lunch
La Cantina de San Angel Lunch

Les Vins des Chefs de France kiosk

6/18
Beach Club Market Place Breakfast
Restaurantosauros Lunch
Flame Tree Lunch

ESPN Club Dinner
Boardwalk Bakery Snack

6/19
Starbucks Breakfast
Sleepy Hollow Snack

Casey's Lunch
The Lunching Pad Beverage Break

Crystal Palace Dinner

6/20
Plaza Lunch
Via Napoli Dinner

6/21
Backlot Express Lunch
Trail's End Dinner

6/22
Chef Mickey's Breakfast
Garden View Tea
Contempo Café Dinner

6/23
Big Top Treats Snacks
Gaston's Snacks
Auntie Gravity's Snack

Tortuga Tavern Lunch
Trail's End Dinner

6/24
Boma Breakfast
Frontierland Cart Snack
Adventureland Cart Snack
Columbia Harbour House Dinner

6/25
Refreshment Port Lunch
Kagori Snack
Fife & Drum Snack
Refreshment Coolpost Snack
Lotus Blossom Café Lunch
Joy of Tea Snack

Ohana Dinner
Sunshine Tree Terrace Snack
Popcorn Cart MK Entrance

6/26
Yorkshire Fish Shop Lunch
Lártisan Des Glaces Snack

Tangierine Café Lunch
La Cantina Lunch

Sleepy Hollow Snack

6/27
Contempo Café Breakfast
Friar's Nook Lunch
Via Napoli Dinner

6/28
Crystal Palace Breakfast

I hope you enjoy my reviews and Thank You for reading along.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014

Last edited by AlohaAnnie; 03-13-2014 at 09:04 AM.
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #2
mullysisters
Mouseketeer

Count me in!

Looking forwards to your report.

May 2014 - AoA solo trip!
Next trip 2015, spring or December? Hopefully with DSis.
mullysisters is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Looking forward to your reviews!
Old 10-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #4
gunner2010
Mouseketeer

i am in
gunner2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Wolfgang Puck Express Breakfast 6/15/13

I am a fan of Wolfgang Puck Express. This restaurant has a nice variety of food and is delicious. I highly recommend it as one of the best Downtown Disney Counter Service options.

We decided to try breakfast at WPE. Here is a picture of the outside posted menu.

Aaron and I decided to share the Breakfast Pizza - scrambled eggs, bacon, mozzarella, cheddar cheese and caramelized onions.

This was very good. The crust was chewy and the cheese was creamy. I love scrambled eggs and bacon, so this was perfect for my taste. The kids liked it so much that we should have gotten 2 pizzas to share.

Allison ordered the Chocolate Chip Waffles with Maple syrup and whipped cream. She said it was delicious but when she tasted the breakfast pizza she wanted the pizza more.

She said the Chocolate Chip Waffles were some of the best she has ever had and the chocolate chips were more like dark chocolate chips than milk chocolate chips. She did enjoy it and it was good.

Shawn ordered the Belgian Waffles served with seasonal fresh fruit, maple syrup and whipped cream. He loved these waffles and said these were the best waffles he has ever had.

He said the fruit was fresh and the whipped cream was sweet. The waffle was exceptionally good as well as the syrup.

We loved Wolfgang Puck Express for breakfast and we will return in the future.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013

Old 10-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #6
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Goofy's Candy Company 6/15/13

After Breakfast we decided to head to Goofy's Candy Company for treats.

I was so hot that the kids wanted a frozen coke.

We Love Love frozen cokes, I am sure you will see how much through out this report.

Aaron chose marshmellows with crushed oreos and a milk chocolate drizzle. Allison chose the gingerbread cookie dipped in milk chocolate covered in sprinkles with a dark chocolate drizzle.

We also picked up cherry sour balls and shortbread cookies. We always get these 2 items and have them as snacks during our stay. I just love them.

Love this photo, so unusual

Old 10-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #8
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Ooh I love the make your own treats from Goofy's
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:16 AM   #9
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Goods To Go at Old Key West Resort

We went to check out Old Key West Resort. We are DVC members so we have pool hopping to select resorts. Our vacation did not have any blackout restrictions so we took advantage. We also wanted to check out Old Key West for a possible future stay.

While we were there we decided to have lunch at Good's To Go which is Old Key West counter service by the pool.

Check out all those ketchup packets

We decided to get Disney Chicken Breast Nuggets (Warning: DD lives off these there will be many meals of chicken breast nuggets) Nachos with Cheese and Onion Rings.

Allison says the Disney Chicken Breast Nuggets are her favorite. I happen to agree, they are really good for Chicken Breast Nuggets. The Nachos with Cheese was nothing special but the kids like them, so that is what counts. I really loved the onion rings here. They were better than the onion rings at Flame Tree. So good.

It was raining when we were at the pool. They didn't shut the pool down, so we were able to swim in the rain. The kids thought that was cool. We got to eat under an umbrella while it was raining and that was a nice addition to our lunch and the view was beautiful despite the rain.

Here is Allison waiting for her nuggets in the rain at our table.

Here is our view Beautiful!

and the slide the kids loved!

We will be staying at Old Key West in the future

Old 10-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #10
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullysisters View Post
Looking forwards to your report.
Thank You for joining me and welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Looking forward to your reviews!
Thank you and welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner2010 View Post
i am in
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Great start - love that Photopass pic
Thank you and I love that pic, it is just adorable and a great memory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Ooh I love the make your own treats from Goofy's
We get them every trip, the kids eat on the for a few days and they love it. I am not much of a sweet fan but my husband and kids love the sweets and desserts.

Thank you everyone for joining me, I am determined to finish this dining report. I am glad I have followers.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:53 AM   #11
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Big Top Treats

We went to Magic Kingdom after our swimming adventure at Old Key West. We had to try Big Top Treats.

Signage!

Display Case Pictures

Shawn and the kids had 2 vanilla cake pops and a red velvet cake pop. They said these were amazing. The cake is dense and chewy and very tasty.

I had chocolate Mickey Head Brownie. This was so good, the ears are pure chocolate and the brownie was again dense and chewy like that cake pop and had a sweet brownie flavor. I hate to get a brownie and it doesn't take like a chocolate brownie or has very little flavor. This brownie did not disappoint.

After our snack we rode Dumbo:

As you can see it didn't stop raining, but we had an awesome time playing in the rain that afternoon.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #12
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Pecos Bills Dinner Saturday, June 15, 2013

We enjoyed the Magic Kingdom and decided to have a late dinner at Peco's Bills. After the rain, there was a wonderful cool breeze all evening.

Aaron ordered a Cheeseburger and Fries, Allison ordered a side of fries, 2 root beer slush, a light lemonade and lots of cheese and toppings. I got the Taco Salad.

The Kids enjoyed their meals and didn't complain. My Taco salad was not what I remembered it to be. The shell was not crispy at all the insides were normal, no issue there but I like a crispy taco salad shell. I was so disappointed. The root beer slush were terrible. I think we expected carbonation in them and there was zero carbonation. It was like drinking a flat root bear with ice. We will not get the root beer slush again.

Shawn had the chicken sandwich and chocolate cake, he ordered it plain but received it with all the stuff on it. So he had to take it back up and ask for it plain. It ended up that somehow they were out so he ended up with a plain cheeseburger which we did not photograph. Allison and Shawn shared the chocolate cake and said it tasted as good as always.

Overall, our experience at Pecos Bills was not so good but we will return for the fries and cheese. The Kids love it.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #13
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Cape May Breakfast

On Father's Day we checked into the Beach Club Villas and had breakfast at Cape May Café.

We love breakfast at Disney, especially breakfast buffets.

Signage

So at Cape May you can write on the paper table cloth. The Kids and I decided to write our Happy Father's Day note to Shawn on the table.

I really enjoyed the breakfast potatoes, these were very good. I love Disney bacon. I know a lot do not but it is one of my favorites. The breakfast pizza looking thing at the top was so good, it had spinach, cheese, and egg. The fruit was fresh and good. I like that there was a decent variety of fresh fruit.

Bring on the characters:
Goofy

Minnie

Donald

Everything at Cape May was delicious. It is a favorite for our family and we highly recommend it. Our waitress was wonderful and so sweet. The characters are adorable in their beach wear and we were able to spend a good amount of time with them.

Last edited by AlohaAnnie; 10-18-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #14
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Some great food so far. You can't beat Disney chicken nuggets, in my opinion.

Those Mickey cake pops and Mickey head brownie are cute AND tasty - what a great combination
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #15
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Hurricane Hanna's Lunch

Since it was Father's Day we decided to spend it at Beach Club's Storm Along Bay and Swim the afternoon away.

Even Though we had that huge breakfast a few hours earlier. The kids grew hungry. Hurricane Hanna's Great location.

Aaron got the Cheeseburger and Fries and Allison decided on the kids chicken nuggets. They enjoyed this meal ate it all and went back to swimming.

We had a wonderful afternoon swimming at Storm Along Bay. It was a great Father's Day activity.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: