Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #121
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

OHHH Dani you're pictures are just flawless. I want to take pictures as good as you when I grow up!! Of course since I never plan to grow up I'll just have to continue living with your's.

Haha, I STILL think you need to do D-Land Splash when you go (yeah, I read through your D-Land TR recently). I know you don't wanna, but you owe it to all your readers!!

You know what's even more surpising. That this is on off party night at MK. Usually those are SLAMMED!!! They must have known you were coming!

Totally agree about the HM FP+ line. In fact, I'm a lot nervous of all these attractions getting FP at all. Those standby times could skyrocket!

YAY for Big Thunder at night!!

Awwwwwww that Anniversary Greeting is just too precious.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #122
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

What a great first day of vacation for you!! From your first class flight to the Anniversary message waiting for you in your room and everything in between seems like it was just the best day!!!

I just love the lack of crowds in Sept and glad you were able to get on so many rides in such a short amount of time. Great pictures on Pirates and the Tangled area while Wishes was going on.

Glad you were finally able to ride Splash. I just love, love, love that ride. Pretty bummed that it will be closed while we are there in Jan. Oh well at least I have been on it a bunch of times that last 2 times we went.

Love your TR and just can't wait to read more.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #123
Rubyroo
Earning My Ears

I stumbled across your trip reports and video a while back, and used them as tools to convince my husband that a Disney trip with the kids is a must! We were there September 15-24th. IT WAS AMAZING!! Seriously, I feel like I owe you or something...your trip reports helped us so much in our planning! Thank you!! I'm so excited for this report since we were there at the same time!
Rubyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #124
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Great night shots! I don't care what you say, the ones in Pirates are fantastic, great job!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:04 AM   #125
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Thank you for the information on the cameras & lens. It's really time for me to invest in some better quality equipment here! haha.

Omg, Pirates, Splash, Haunted Mansion. Could there be more perfect first attractions? I'm thinking no.

Wishes going off behind Rapunzel's lanterns!!! How MAGICAL!!!!

Oh man the Roaring Fork pics are making me hungry. I have heard such great things about that Magic Cookie Bar, and my friend is obsessed with their brownies. She was a CM and claims they have the best brownies on property, so I must try one someday!

We got phone calls during #BirthdayFestivus13 too! We stayed in 3 different resorts, and got phone calls at two of them. One was Mickey and Minnie singing Happy Birthday, and the other one was Mickey thanking us for choosing to celebrate in Disney. BOTH WERE PERFECT. hahaha we listened to them SO many times. I mean, if you want to smile, listen to a voicemail from Mickey Mouse.

This trip is off to an amazing start. I can not wait to hear everything else!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #126
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

What an AMAZING arrival day you had!! It's always so nice to have AP's and be able to spend a few hours in the parks on arrival day and get a taste of the magic to set the tone for the rest of the week. And seriously, you picked probably the best lineup of first attractions ever!

So many things I will have to remember to see at nighttime! The Tangled area, the See Ya Real Soon pumpkins, etc. Ahh I can't wait! 11 days till I am back!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #127
Fantasylannd Dad
and when it becomes a reality, its a dream come true for you and me

I find pirates of the Caribbean to be one of the most challenging rides to photograph. Its so dim inside coupled with the fact that most of the main people have spot lights shining on them just stretches the dynamic range so far. Do you shoot RAW or jpeg on trips?
Old 10-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #128
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I lurked on your last TR, but as I was reading your intros I realized I had to come out of hiding for this one. I too have a couch licking dog. Her name is Lucy (as in "you got some 'splaining to do!"), and I've never understood her desire to lick the couch.

You take beautiful pictures! Looking forward to hearing more!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #129
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLMickeyMom View Post
Stop with these pictures!! You are seriously killing me with the gorgeousness!! I ADORE the picture of the lanterns and fireworks by rapunzels tower and must have stared at the tomorrow land sign for at least 5 minutes. I love the parks at night, all lit up....it's only the best thing ever!

You two had an awesome first night out! The park looked so empty and how great was hopping right on things? That's a fabulous night!
Haha thank you so much! I actually took the ones of the Tangled area with my phone because I was RUNNING and wanted to get some photos before Wishes ended! But I agree, the parks at night are just perfect.

I don't think we could have had a more perfect first night/day. Everything about it was just amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
Wilderness Lodge is jut so beautiful. I never had a desire to stay there because I wasn't sure I would like the "rustic" nature, but after stepping inside, and your pictures, it's gorgeous! Totally worth a visit.

How fabulous was it walking onto all those rides! That Wednesday morning, we had knocked out all of fantasyland (old and new) before noon! I love the low crowds of September!

Mmm, I'm ready to drive over to WL right now to get the magic cookie bar or the s'more cupcake... Or both!
I so agree, it's a beautiful resort worth checking out! I'm glad you actually went there after seeing the cupcake! Hahaha, I hope you enjoyed it and it wasn't dry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw19 View Post
CALLED IT! Although I do have a teensy tiny advantage, haha.

OH MY GOSH I FORGOT YOU HAD YET TO SEE POST-REFURB SPLASH! I'm so excited! Didn't it look so amazing? I was excited to see it looking so fresh and clean!

Okay, so those two attractions and now Matt is getting a churro? Yep, y'all are in your happy place. Hope HM and Wishes are coming up because that would be an amazing night.
I swear I typed that before scrolling down past the churro pics!

Tomorrowland at night, EEEEEE! That's a pretty bangin' score on Buzz too!

Leaving so soon??

Okay I don't like coconut, but that looks pretty darn tasty! We make them at work sometimes, but the sprinkles and pixie dust make that one look way better!

I am once again loving these VWL pics! I love the little lobby/foyer there.

Can't wait to read more!
Okay just a little tiny baby advantage, hahaha.

I KNOW! I thought about you while I was riding it after everything you'd said. IT WAS JUST AMAZING.

Haha we definitely were in our happy place. The perfect rides for the perfect night in the park! And thanks, I was just warmin' up!

Yeahhhh, the park was closing and we really needed to get back to eat some dinner before Roaring Fork closed! But we made it, so yay!

VWL was just so peaceful at night, I was a big fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmaLou View Post
Mmmm S'more cupcake!
I know! Now I need to try it on our next trip, but not late at night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
SO BEAUTIFUL!!! Night time...just perfect.

Yeah, I'm not big on the split stays anymore. I mean, I am glad I've done them and tried out more resorts, and I definitely couldn't afford some of the nicer places for longer than a few days...but I was glad to only have one night in a different place this trip. I didn't realize how much I'd missed the ease of that.

I'm really enjoying reading about this time before we arrived especially, because I think with all the throwing my back out/how the heck am I gonna get things packed/can I see a doctor drama right before our trip, I totally had no idea what you were up to. Or if I did know, it just didn't sink in.

I'm so glad that you loved the September crowds and that the heat wasn't too much for you. Otherwise, I might have felt a little guilty!

And Brandon is right, your pictures are just PERFECT. I feel like I'm there, and that makes me a very happy girl.
Agreedo! And yeah, Split Stays... well, I'll get to more of that in a future post, but I just wasn't liking the whole unsettled thing at all. Plus it really is so much easier to just unpack and be done and "home" for your stay.

I know, I felt so bad for you! But this is what we were doing, just having the perfect first night in the parks together. It was wonderful.

Psh, we loved it. I mean, the heat did get to us on some days (and just confirmed it a bit further that I will never go to the parks in the summer, yuck), but those crowds were glorious!

Aww thanks! Brandon's are always amazing, sooo I can't wait to see all of them in your TR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
September crowds are awesome! You & Matt got so much done with no waits!

Congrats on getting your highest score on Buzz! I never do all that great on those rides no matter what I do.

Love all of your WL pictures. That resort is gorgeous!
I know, it was CRAZY how much we got done, and we weren't even running around or anything! We were just walking over to things and going right on them. It was AMAZING.

Thank you! I've gotten a little better about figuring out which laser is mine, hahaha. Plus if you know which targets to go after, that definitely helps!

I love WL, it's such an amazingly well-done resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
I love the black and white photos of Pirates!

CHURROS. They are my everything.

I think I'm going to try and see Wishes from the Tangled area this summer if I can...it just looks fantastic!

Those are some GORGEOUS elevators! The Disney difference!

Also, I have Matt's "It's kind of fun to do the impossible" shirt and it's the comfiest shirt I own
Aw thank you! I didn't love how they came out in color, so I just went with black and white, haha.

Churros are AMAZZZZINNNNG. Matt's absolutely favorite and must-have on every trip!

Oh my gosh, you definitely should. No one was in that area and it was just gorgeous!

The Disney difference is just... awesome. I love how much detail they put into every little thing!

I LOVE THAT SHIRT! You have good taste, obviously, haha. It's such a well-designed shirt in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
There is almost nothing better than an empty MK, is there?

I can't wait to ride the refurbished Splash. It feels like it's been so long...my last 4 trips I was either pregnant or carrying a baby, so I haven't been on it in forever! And the few times before that, the Laughing Place water was definitely out...it will be so nice to see it again eventually!

Sounds like you guys really had an absolutely perfect first night.
Nope, I'm fairly certain there isn't. It was so amazing, especially for our first night in the parks!

You are going to LOVELOVELOVE it. I couldn't believe how amazing everything looked! I mean, the Laughing Place was just completely different than ever before!

We really did have the perfect night when I look back on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
Yay! So happy to see your new trip review.

Aw thank you! Happy to have you here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Dont have a lot of time before work, but enough!

Great updates!! Glad you got on so many rides and got to warm up to the heat! Yay HM! Of course it's home to him!!!

Yay tangled area! I need to get better pictures at night, I really want to watch wishes from over there!

Amazing pcitures of everything as per usual!

Love the resort! Yay!

I love that they do those calls now, Mom and Anne got a birthday one and I was super excited, I thought it was because I'd arranged the disney florist thing for them, but it was actually just a general thing which is awesome!
YAY! So glad you dropped by and squeezed in a comment, haha.

We definitely got on all sorts of delightful classics.. and yeah, he was just so happy!

Wishes from over in that area/New Fantasyland is such a great way to see it from a different angle for sure!

Thank you so much. And yeah, WL is an amazing resort.

That call was too adorable. I'd never heard of it before, so it just made me really happy.
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #130
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
OHHH Dani you're pictures are just flawless. I want to take pictures as good as you when I grow up!! Of course since I never plan to grow up I'll just have to continue living with your's.

Haha, I STILL think you need to do D-Land Splash when you go (yeah, I read through your D-Land TR recently). I know you don't wanna, but you owe it to all your readers!!

You know what's even more surpising. That this is on off party night at MK. Usually those are SLAMMED!!! They must have known you were coming!

Totally agree about the HM FP+ line. In fact, I'm a lot nervous of all these attractions getting FP at all. Those standby times could skyrocket!

YAY for Big Thunder at night!!

Awwwwwww that Anniversary Greeting is just too precious.

Dawww thanks Rob! I like having you along for my TRs, so I can't complain about you sticking around and living through my photos, haha.

UGH NO, nope. NEVER AGAIN. That ride was creepy and not fun and I do not want to be soaked again! Matt refuses to go on it, so I'd have to go alone, haha. MAYBE if I have a change of clothes/it's not cold out this trip!

I KNOW, it was so weird! I thought for sure the park would be very busy, but it wasn't at all. I think someone knew what was up, hahaha.

Yeah, I'm intrigued to see how things go with the FP+. It is great for everyone now since you can still use normal FP machines, but once those are gone? Who knows how it'll be.

BTMRR at night is seriously the best!

And yes, I was a big fan of that message, it was adorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracer9977 View Post
What a great first day of vacation for you!! From your first class flight to the Anniversary message waiting for you in your room and everything in between seems like it was just the best day!!!

I just love the lack of crowds in Sept and glad you were able to get on so many rides in such a short amount of time. Great pictures on Pirates and the Tangled area while Wishes was going on.

Glad you were finally able to ride Splash. I just love, love, love that ride. Pretty bummed that it will be closed while we are there in Jan. Oh well at least I have been on it a bunch of times that last 2 times we went.

Love your TR and just can't wait to read more.
I KNOW RIGHT?! I just can't believe how perfect of a first day that was. It could not have been better!

Yeah, the lack of crowds was so so amazing. We were very happy! And thank you!

Splash, oh I was so happy to be back on that ride. That's the one thing I didn't like about January - Splash is almost always closed! So sad.

Thank you again for you comment, I'm so happy you're excited to read more, haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubyroo View Post
I stumbled across your trip reports and video a while back, and used them as tools to convince my husband that a Disney trip with the kids is a must! We were there September 15-24th. IT WAS AMAZING!! Seriously, I feel like I owe you or something...your trip reports helped us so much in our planning! Thank you!! I'm so excited for this report since we were there at the same time!
I'm pretty sure I remember your comment on my video.. and I have to say, this comment means so much to me! I'm so happy my trip reports helped you out in planning! You are BEYOND welcome! And I'm really happy you're here for this one, as well! Who knows, maybe you'll see yourself in the background of a photo, hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Great night shots! I don't care what you say, the ones in Pirates are fantastic, great job!
Thank you so much! Pirates is a really hard ride to photograph, I'd say I was only really disappointed by Jack, haha. Darn Pirate. But thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Thank you for the information on the cameras & lens. It's really time for me to invest in some better quality equipment here! haha.

Omg, Pirates, Splash, Haunted Mansion. Could there be more perfect first attractions? I'm thinking no.

Wishes going off behind Rapunzel's lanterns!!! How MAGICAL!!!!

Oh man the Roaring Fork pics are making me hungry. I have heard such great things about that Magic Cookie Bar, and my friend is obsessed with their brownies. She was a CM and claims they have the best brownies on property, so I must try one someday!

We got phone calls during #BirthdayFestivus13 too! We stayed in 3 different resorts, and got phone calls at two of them. One was Mickey and Minnie singing Happy Birthday, and the other one was Mickey thanking us for choosing to celebrate in Disney. BOTH WERE PERFECT. hahaha we listened to them SO many times. I mean, if you want to smile, listen to a voicemail from Mickey Mouse.

This trip is off to an amazing start. I can not wait to hear everything else!
Psh no problem! Let me know if you ever have more questions or need any advice!

NOPE, it was just so perfect. We had to go on our absolute favorites night one!

It WAS magical! Like I couldn't believe they were happening just as we walked up.

Roaring Fork is SO good. Oh man, and Matt in a future update got one of the brownies... let's just say he loved it.

That is so cute!~ I LOVE that they started doing that! It's just so cute and such a great way of making people happy and feel special.

Thanks Lia! And by the way, I'm working through your updates in your TR and I'm LOVING it! I promise I'll be leaving a comment here soon... Your TRs always make me so happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
What an AMAZING arrival day you had!! It's always so nice to have AP's and be able to spend a few hours in the parks on arrival day and get a taste of the magic to set the tone for the rest of the week. And seriously, you picked probably the best lineup of first attractions ever!

So many things I will have to remember to see at nighttime! The Tangled area, the See Ya Real Soon pumpkins, etc. Ahh I can't wait! 11 days till I am back!
I know! I loved having an AP and just strolling into the park like it ain't no thang. It's the best... and I'm going to miss having an AP, wompwmop. But yeah, we had the perfect first ngiht.

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS! You are going to have such an amazing trip!! I can't wait to see photos and a new TR from you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasylannd Dad View Post
I find pirates of the Caribbean to be one of the most challenging rides to photograph. Its so dim inside coupled with the fact that most of the main people have spot lights shining on them just stretches the dynamic range so far. Do you shoot RAW or jpeg on trips?
I'm glad it's not just me finding Pirates hard to take photos of. The colors a lot of times just come out... off, blergh. I shoot jpeg, though I'm actually thinking about trying RAW when we go to Disneyland next month. The only problem with RAW is obviously the amount of space it takes up... plus since I take videos, the space gets eaten up pretty quickly on my card, even though it's 32gb. I should probably just buy a second SD card, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I lurked on your last TR, but as I was reading your intros I realized I had to come out of hiding for this one. I too have a couch licking dog. Her name is Lucy (as in "you got some 'splaining to do!"), and I've never understood her desire to lick the couch.

You take beautiful pictures! Looking forward to hearing more!
Aw thanks for coming out of lurkdom and saying hi!! And that's kind of awesome that you also have a couch-licking dog, hahaha. I don't get why they do it! I come home from work and see a wet spot and know that a certain dog was up on the couch licking, haha.

Thank you again, and thanks for commenting!!
Old 10-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #131
chipdale1986
Earning My Ears

Wow another great trip report :-)

I am joining in from Germany
chipdale1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #132
APiratesLifeForMe2
DIS Veteran

I'm hoping on board. First time trip report follower!
Old 10-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #133
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

I can't believe how much you got done on your first day/night! So amazing. It did seem surprisingly empty. I sometimes find at night it seems busier than it maybe really is, not sure if it's because it's dark and you can't see as far or people are slower moving or what haha, I'm weird.

Anyway, you didn't mention how wet you got on Splash... we were in the back too, but I got SOAKED, right in the face! I'd rather have wet clothes than a wet face/hair, yeesh. Everyone just laughed at me though because I was so ticked off... but I tried to pretend to be happy.

Love your pics, as usual, and the fireworks through the Tangled area, so cool!

I totally think WL is a wintery kind of resort. I should definitely check out Paradise Inn sometime. We saw Mt Rainier while landing in SEA, and it was phenomenal!!! And it's fairly local for us too
Old 10-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #134
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Wow what a perfect first night in MK-- so many walk ons!

We were nervous about the humidity/heat too, as we've been twice in January only but we found it tolerable! I mean, yeah, it was HOT but we found ways to deal with it and the low crowds made it worth it! We definitely want to come back in September!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:48 PM   #135
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
Wow what a perfect first night in MK-- so many walk ons!

We were nervous about the humidity/heat too, as we've been twice in January only but we found it tolerable! I mean, yeah, it was HOT but we found ways to deal with it and the low crowds made it worth it! We definitely want to come back in September!
Yep, it was a fabulous way to kick off our vacation!!

Yeah, it was tolerable most days, though there were a few that were just straight up brutal! But we loved the low crowds so so much, it was a perfect time to visit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabbermouth View Post
I can't believe how much you got done on your first day/night! So amazing. It did seem surprisingly empty. I sometimes find at night it seems busier than it maybe really is, not sure if it's because it's dark and you can't see as far or people are slower moving or what haha, I'm weird.

Anyway, you didn't mention how wet you got on Splash... we were in the back too, but I got SOAKED, right in the face! I'd rather have wet clothes than a wet face/hair, yeesh. Everyone just laughed at me though because I was so ticked off... but I tried to pretend to be happy.

Love your pics, as usual, and the fireworks through the Tangled area, so cool!

I totally think WL is a wintery kind of resort. I should definitely check out Paradise Inn sometime. We saw Mt Rainier while landing in SEA, and it was phenomenal!!! And it's fairly local for us too
I know, isn't that crazy?! And we were walking pretty slowly/not in a rush since we were just soaking things in! It was just nice and quiet around there that night, I loved it. I think sometimes it can feel busier, though nothing is as busy as mid-day, ugh.

Haha, we didn't really get wet at all that time! That's why Matt likes the back way more than the front. He is nooooot a fan of getting soaked, especially after our disastrous trip on Disneyland's Splash Mountain, hahaha.

WL is a great place to be during Christmas I bet!! Paradise is amazing. The trails and view of the mountain are just to die for, and the wild flowers are beautiful, too! You should check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by APiratesLifeForMe2 View Post
I'm hoping on board. First time trip report follower!
Awesome, welcome aboard! I hope you enjoy my trip report!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipdale1986 View Post
Wow another great trip report :-)

I am joining in from Germany
I am so happy to have you here, all the way from Germany, YAY!!! I hope you enjoy!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: