Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #136
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Wow what fabulous pictures on POTC. Just so good. There is nothing more magical than walking on so many rides. And to see Wishes and the castle show too. I have to say that the magic bar looks so good, and your pictures of the room make the room look as homey as it feels.
jwwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:23 PM   #137
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Chapter 6: "We made it in time for the opening show?!"
Day Two: September 12th, 2013

We woke up this morning at 7am, and we were kind of struggling. I mean, our bodies were thinking it was 4am, so obviously, we were pooped! My back was also bothering me for some reason, but I got my butt out of bed and ready for a fun day. Ibuprofen was the hero this morning (as it seems to be on most Disney trips), and we were both out the door by 7:30!

We headed over to the boat launch area, and I stopped to take a photo of the lovely DVC Mickey hedge outside of the Villas.

I like that they have these, and it makes me happy to be a DVC member finally!

We went in through the WL lobby, even though I thought there was probably a quicker way to get down there... but it was nice walking through and having it be relatively quiet on our walk!

Lucky for us, a boat was waiting to whisk us away! We just had the BEST luck with these boats to Magic Kingdom, so I couldn't complain... It helped that it was a gorgeous morning, too.

We hopped off the boat, and walked up expecting the park to be open... but no! We actually got through the gates and the opening show was JUST about to start!!

I was SO excited because I'd never seen the Rope Drop show at Magic Kingdom... I know, so weird. I just hadn't seen it because of either being in the park BEFORE it opened for ADRs, or just not getting to MK in time for the show!

But this time, it was lining up for us to finally see it.

Even better, there was seriously no crowd, so we were able to just stroll right up and get a good viewing spot!

I have to say, I LOVED the opening show! It was the perfect way to start our adventures this morning, so needless to say, I was a happy lady. I got a LOT of great video from it, and I have to say I geeked out when Mickey welcomed us all into the park. That is MICKEY MOUSE, people.

Soon enough, the park was opening, and we were headin' right on down Main Street!

As we slowly made our way down the street, I saw this Stitch sitting on a trash can, and it just cracked me up! I wanted to basically steal him and have him go on lots of rides with me, meet characters... I mean, we'd have a grand ol' time together, no? Just sayin'.

We made our way on over to Crystal Palace, because we had a breakfast reservation to get to!

We decided to see if we could check in a bit early, since our reservation was for 8:35, but it was around 8:10-8:15. Luckily for us, Crystal Palace wasn't busy at all and we were brought in very quickly.

When we got to our seats, there was Mickey confetti on the table, yay!

I took a photo of Matt looking like a grumpagus, but he wasn't, haha. But you can see the lack of people in the restaurant!

Our waiter came by and took our drink orders, and we decided to go get food since no characters were nearby.

Matt's plate had breakfast pizza, pineapple, scrambled eggs, bacon, and some Puffed French Toast, of course.

I went with some melon, breakfast pizza, bacon, potatoes, and Puffed French Toast!

Soon enough, Pooh made his rounds and greeted us, being all cute and stuff.

Pooh's handler offered to take a photo of the both of us with him, as well.

There was a backup on characters, so we ran up for some more food.

Matt went with a Mickey waffle, bacon, cinnamon roll, and I think a croissant.

I went with a Mickey waffle, breakfast lasagna, breakfast pizza, and I think more potatoes?

I LOVE MICKEY WAFFLES SO MUCH. They are seriously the best. The breakfast lasagna was just okay. I was pretty full, but I did like the banana portion of it. I always love breakfast pizza, so that was pretty tasty as well.

Both Piglet AND Tigger showed up at the same time as us, and they were ADORABLE. I decided to take a selfie with both of them, because, WHY NOT?

I even bounced around with Tigger, which maaay or may not show up in the Trip video.

We finished up eating our breakfast and paid, and Eeyore luckily stopped by before we left!

We said goodbye to Eeyore and headed on out to go play in the Magic Kingdom! We really enjoyed our breakfast at Crystal Palace. It is always a must-do for us on every trip, regardless of whether or not we're on the Dining Plan. The characters are adorable and it's always the perfect way to kick off a morning in Magic Kingdom.

Continued in next post
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2013, 10:24 PM   #138
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Chapter 7: Clearly, everyone is hanging out in Fantasyland... or not.
Day Two: September 12th, 2013

We left Crystal Palace and decided to walk through the Castle, back towards Fantasyland.

As you can see, even though the park had only been open an hour, it wasn't very busy in the hub. I mean, people were definitely coming into the park, but nothing too crazy at all.

We figured everyone must be over in Fantasyland, so we turned around and continued on.

I love the beautiful mosaic in the middle of the castle... I just think it would be even better if they added a walk-through of the castle, like Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland... buuuuut there is a very popular restaurant inside of the castle, so I guess I can let it slide.

We got through the castle and saw this...

Where WAS everyone?! The park had been open for an hour, with Extra Magic Hours, and it was still looking like this?! Matt and I were totally dumbfounded, especially since this was the park to avoid.

We continued on over to New Fantasyland, which was equally quiet. A totally different scene than every time we went there in January!

We both decided that Little Mermaid was a must-do, as we were both big fans of it during our last trip!

It was literally a walk-on, and I took lots of adorable video of that darn adorable ride. It's just so great! I'm just glad we were able to hop on it without a wait...

Aaand side note. We ordered The Little Mermaid on blu-ray because I've been DYING to watch it. I hadn't seen it since I was a little kid, so obviously I really needed to see it again. So we watched it and I have to say... I totally remembered that movie differently from when I was a kid! The Giant Scary Ursula scene, when I was a kid, seemed to last WAY longer than it actually does in the movie. Also, I've learned to have way more respect for Ariel. Girl wanted to explore and do her own thang, and for that, I'd give Ariel some daps. Girl knew what she wanted and went right after it.

ANYWAYYYYY...

We decided to head out of there and wander over to Storybook Circus... and the path from New Fantasyland to Storybook was finally open, Hallelujah!

It had been blocked off in January, which was a pain when you didn't realize it and walked all the way over, to only have to turn around and go aaallll the way around to get there, wompwomp. I realize that was a totally ridiculous explanation, but um, that's what you're getting.

We both realized that last trip, we NEVER went inside of Big Top Souvenirs! So obviously, we needed to go inside and check things out.

The theming in there is just delightful! We took a look at their snacks, and of course we both geeked out over the adorableness of all the Halloween goodies.

We thought it'd be fun to shop around a bit, since we weren't in any rush with the park being so quiet. It was nice having the freedom to do some shopping! I came across the cutest Halloween Minnie ears EVER. I normally am not a Minnie ears kind of girl, but these were way too perfect! I mean, they had the Haunted Mansion-esque print on the ears, they were orange and black, they were PERFECT.

Matt also spotted the Sulley Duffy outfit, which I'd mentioned I wanted like 589,283 times before our trip.

And yes, I gave in and bought my own Duffy a few months after Matt had bought his during our last Disney trip. I couldn't help it!

Here is the most adorable Duffy as Sulley (photo taken when we got home from our trip, with a photobomb from the lovely Anya):

Yeah, worth it.

Anyway, I got to the register and paid (and remembered to use our AP discount, WOO). Matt had disappeared for a moment, then excitedly came back over, telling me he'd found the perfect lanyard for him to wear... and IT WAS!

I bought that, as well, and we walked outside, where he put on his perfect lanyard...

The man loves Oswald!

I also put on my brand new ears, and Matt took a few photos of me with them on. I was in love with them.

After our little photo shoot, we made our way back over to Fantasyland.

I even spotted a Survey Marker on my way over!

Aaand it was still really, really quiet. I was just not understanding what the heck was going on this morning, but I was loving it.

I remember it was starting to get a bit hot in the sun, but our Frogg Toggs came to the rescue! Well, they at least helped with wiping away the sweat.

I know, probably TMI, but for some reason, my face sweats like crazy when I'm hot. Rest of my body can be okay, but my face? MELTING. But I was battling the heat and sweat with my Frogg Togg! Oh, and in case you don't know what a Frogg Togg is, it's this towel made of some special fabric that when you wet, it stays cold. We originally planned to use them to cool off, but as the trip went on, I just used it to wipe the sweat off my face so I didn't constantly look like I'd just stuck my face in a pool of water.

Anyway, we finally got over to Peter Pan, where a 10 minute wait was posted. TEN MINUTES, and it was definitely later in the morning.

While we waited in line, we both noticed that the man in front of us was COVERED in Disney tattoos, head to toe... and I mean literally covered. He even had tattoos behind his ears! So of course, I discreetly took photos of him... I'm sorry, but it was too impressive not to.

I told him I really liked his tattoos, and he said thank you, and we moved along. They weren't even crappy tattoos either, all were well-done! I know a lot of people don't like tattoos, but I think some are pretty cool. This guy had taken his love for Disney to a whole new level, and that, I can respect.

Next, we continue our fun attraction-packed morning in Magic Kingdom, and for the first time ever, I experience an attraction that EVERY Disney fan should experience.

Continued in next post

Last edited by danimaroo; 02-26-2014 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:28 PM   #139
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Wow what fabulous pictures on POTC. Just so good. There is nothing more magical than walking on so many rides. And to see Wishes and the castle show too. I have to say that the magic bar looks so good, and your pictures of the room make the room look as homey as it feels.
Thank you so much! And I agree, we were just so happy to be there with no one around. It felt like we had the park to ourselves. It was a perfect first night in Disney.

And yeah, that dessert was very good! The room was SUPER cozy and I really enjoyed the decor in there. I would LOVE to stay there during Christmas time!
Old 10-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #140
courtneybelle
What foolishness would you like to see?

I'm so glad you got to see the opening show! Not going to lie, if I'm having a tough time getting out of bed in the morning, I will put it on to perk me up...

Love your shirt!

Your Tigger selfie is so cute!

I've never seen the area in front of Gaston's that empty...that's so awesome!!!

SULLEY DUFFY. OH MY GOSH. I'm melting. Definitely the best Duffy costume I've ever seen!
courtneybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #141
katt789
DIS Veteran

Hold on….dude…we were like….TEN FEET from each other during the rope drop show, I somehow completely forgot that you guys were even in MK that day, this is insane!

Awwe!! So glad you got to see the rope drop show! It’s one of my favorites!

Stitch is so cute!!

Yay for a good experience at CP, I love breakfast there so much!!

UUUGGGGHHH that viiieeeewwww from the castle stage is quite possibly one of my all time favorite things in the world. I always need to take a moment to stop there, like, Mom thought I was going to jump the rope that morning, bahaha.

Sept crowds, seriously the best thing ever! Glad you guys took the time to explore and shop and such!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:14 PM   #142
STLMickeyMom
DIS Veteran

I love those pictures from the castle looking down main st. We're always so busy ooohing and aaahhing over the castle that we never think to turn around. Put it on the list for next time!

Hey--Matt's bacon looks pretty good for Disney bacon! I love a Mickey waffle, but I can't wait to try that puffed French toast!

Fantasyland and storybook circus look so pretty! They were obviously just waiting for you to come snap some pics!

And LOVE the Minnie ears!!
STLMickeyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #143
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Haha, Ibuprofen for the Win!!

I have such a love for the topiaries like the DVC one without the added eyes and stuff. It just reminds me so much of when I was a kid.

YAY for the Good Morning show. So glad you finally got to see it. And don't feel bad as I've only ever seen it once (well, and I guess once from behind). It really is the best.

Awww that selfie with you and Piglet is TOO FREAKIN' CUTE!!!

Ahh there is nothing quite like September crowds (or lack thereof).

Is it weird that I'm really looking forward to walking through the path from NFL to Storybook Circus? It has never been open for me ever.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #144
Joben
Mouseketeer

Long time lurker, but I will be a big boy and subscribe.

I marathon read your previous TR's over some very unproductive days at work, and I look forward to reading your current one, but I'm not sure I how I will find the patience to wait for them to be published. Though my DW and I will be in the world soon and we will be co-writing a TR when we get back so that might help.

Congratulations on the DVC at OKW. That is our favorite resort and we find it hard to spend time at other places, though after reading about your stay at BC and the pool and the easy access to F&W I think that will be on our list soon.

Can't wait for the video, your first one was pretty cool. Can you tell me how much effort and time went into editing it, and is it something a novice can figure out? I'd like to try it but neither one of us has ever attempted to do such a thing and sadly we are pretty bad about taking pictures. I think we will try the TR first and then we might tackle video if that is a success.

September/October is a great time to travel there with the kids all back in school, but I don't understand what was going on your first night in the MK that was some seriously low crowd levels. If you think it is hot and humid on your trip now, try tent camping in August at FW. That was when my DW cam with my family and she didn't leave me for it, instead it kicked off our obsession with WDW. We are getting our first annual pass this year, and someday in the near future will be DVC members at OKW, maybe we'll meet you at the gurgling suitcase for a drink sometime.

Please keep the updates coming fast and furious, I look forward to them

Joben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #145
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Yay for the MK opening show!! I only saw it for the first time myself in 2010, and it was so amazing that I wondered how I had been missing out on it for so long. Seriously, what better way is there to start your day at MK with that fabulous opening show?! And I may or may not tear up when that song comes on in my car...

Your selfie with Tigger is seriously precious. And breakfast looks so delicious! I love breakfast there.

The park is DEAD! If I could handle September heat, I think these pics would convince me to go! Like seriously, where is everyone?!

That's me, dead from the cuteness that is Sulley Duffy.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #146
cruisingteacher
Mouseketeer

totally joining in for this TR!!!

And I will be going back and reading your previous ones!! (edit - went through and read all 3 of them)

Really enjoying your writing style and pictures!!!

And with Matt's love of Ratatouille, Disneyland Paris is opening it's ride about his adventure in 2014.... Maybe a trip to Paris is due?

Also have 9 cruises under my belt (Carnival, Princess, MSC and Royal Caribbean )

A Canadian who has lived in China and currently lives in Cairo, Egypt.

The Wanderings and Ramblings of my March Solo Trip

Get That Magic Flowing PTR

Last edited by cruisingteacher; 10-16-2013 at 12:38 PM. Reason: more to say
cruisingteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #147
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Yayness! I am so in for this TR!!! I can already tell you had a blast-I can't wait to read all about it!!!

ETA: Ibuprofen - definitely a life saver on Disney trips!!!

Last edited by geckodani; 10-15-2013 at 02:41 PM.
geckodani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #148
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

Another great update with beautiful pictures.

Awesome that you finally got to see the opening show at MK.

I totally love going to WDW in Sept when there is no crowds. I have to say while you were there it seemed even emptier than usual. Can't believe your pictures in New FW of the almost completely empty park.

As other's have said I too need to remember to turn around when walking through the castle and take a picture down main street.

Great selfies with Pooh and the gang. That is a favorite breakfast of ours as well.

Looks like you are having an awesome time so far.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:16 PM   #149
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
That is MICKEY MOUSE, people.
YES YES YES. I always feel that way when I see him. HE IS A BIG CELEBRITY. I mean, sheesh. I'm so happy that you finally saw the Welcome Show, it is so so magical. Good morning, GOOD MORNING! I haven't seen it in 3 years, I should probably do that in a few weeks when I'm there!

OH MY GOD I love Pirate/Halloween Stitchy!!!

Ahh, a near-empty MK. How lovely. I missed this luxury during my May trip. I know it sounds crazy but I am not used to crowds at Disney! I am thrilled to be going back during a quieter time. Yay yay yay!!!

I agree, Ariel is a HBIC. I really hate when people say that the movie gives a bad message because she ~gave up everything for a guy~. Actually NO in general she wanted to be human so back up. I love that not only did she see what she wanted and went after it, she really took huge risks. As Triton says, "HE'S A HUMAN!! YOU'RE A MERMAID!!!!!!!!!" The whole thing is very Romeo & Juliet, luckily way less tragic! I feel the same way about Jasmine, Rapunzel, Tiana, etc. These girls are great role models.

I've never seen the path between to Storybook Circus open! I can't wait to walk through there. It's the little things.

HALLOWEEN GOODIES. Omg. I'd better start eating 10 cupcakes a day to prepare my stomach for the utter sugar attack it is about to experience.

YOUR EARS AND MATT'S LANYARD ARE PERFECT. Oh you two.

Wow, I guess it hadn't occurred to me that someone other than the famous Disney Tattoo Guy is covered like that in Disney tattoos! Very impressive. But also my thought is: OUCH. Glad to hear they were well done though. I don't mind tattoos, I even LOVE them in some instances, but poorly done ones KILL ME. My cousin had her friend do all of hers for cheap and literally when I see them I cringe. I don't get it. This is a lifelong commitment, this is one of the things you do not go for the discount on!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #150
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

I can't tell you how jealous I am of the small crowds! We just got back from DLR and it was SO much more crowded than it was last year when we were there over Thanksgiving week. We hardly got to do anything. I hope you enjoyed every second of it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: