Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
ggfred32
Mouseketeer

Deck forward on Wonder - deck 7?

Found my old brochure that we for before we sailed this past month on the Wonder. Looking at some pics in there, did we miss a deck that wraps around the bow, I think on deck 7? Under the bridge and above the crew deck?
ggfred32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggfred32 View Post
Found my old brochure that we for before we sailed this past month on the Wonder. Looking at some pics in there, did we miss a deck that wraps around the bow, I think on deck 7? Under the bridge and above the crew deck?
None that I know of. Deck 7 is just staterooms, no outside deck.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #3
amejiajr8
Mouseketeer

Rumor has it there is a "hidden deck". I want to say it is 7
amejiajr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #4
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amejiajr8 View Post
Rumor has it there is a "hidden deck". I want to say it is 7
That is at the stern of the ship, not the bow. OP was asking about a deck on the front of the ship.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #5
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Location: London England UK Q: Why are there no planes where peter pan lives? A: Because there is a sign that says "Never Neverland"!

There is one Forward on seven , it runs the full way under the bridge, not a public deck it's an officers deck but some people in Alaska were allowed on it on Tracy arm day and we took loads of photos on it for some great uninterrupted views.
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Over 15 Previous cruises, including Disney, RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #6
ggfred32
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY FANTASY View Post
There is one Forward on seven , it runs the full way under the bridge, not a public deck it's an officers deck but some people in Alaska were allowed on it on Tracy arm day and we took loads of photos on it for some great uninterrupted views.
Good to know I didn't miss out on something. I know about the "secret deck" on 7, but never saw any doors to the bow on 7.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #7
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good to know I didn't miss out on something. I know about the "secret deck" on 7, but never saw any doors to the bow on 7.
We've stayed in cabin 7502 (starboard) on both the Wonder & the Magic) (2 times each) it's way forward. There is a crew only door at the end of the hall, we've seen a number of officers including the captain coming & going during our cruises.
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
Prose
DIS Veteran

As said above, it's a crew deck. we saw several crew standing out on it on Tracy Arm day...I remember there is a small pool for them, too...
Disney Cruise on the WONDER March '08
WONDER cruise to Alaska June '11
Awesome trip to WDW October 2012 MNSSHP
Sailed the Eastern on the Fantasy 10/19/13
Sailed the Western on the Fantasy 10/11/14
Prose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #9
ggfred32
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prose View Post
As said above, it's a crew deck. we saw several crew standing out on it on Tracy Arm day...I remember there is a small pool for them, too...
This is actually well above the crew deck though, which is on deck 1 or 2. This one is on deck 7 and It sounds like it is for the Officer's only, but that they sometimes, perhaps, let some of the passengers out to look. I was just wanting to clarify that I didn't miss out on a whole deck as I never walked all the way forward on deck 7.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #10
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
This is actually well above the crew deck though, which is on deck 1 or 2. This one is on deck 7 and It sounds like it is for the Officer's only, but that they sometimes, perhaps, let some of the passengers out to look. I was just wanting to clarify that I didn't miss out on a whole deck as I never walked all the way forward on deck 7.
The crew decks where they live, eat, relax is below deck 1. There is a crew pool forward that has a bar. This is the area they are talking about. I believe it is on deck 6.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:19 PM   #11
ggfred32
Mouseketeer

This is the deck I am talking about. NOT the deck with the pool, I know that is the crew deck. Rather, the wrap around walkway deck above it.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:43 PM   #12
caper13
Earning My Ears

That elevated area at the bow of the ship is likely for crew only but probably isn't somewhere they want crew normally just hanging about because they don't want someone drunk and off duty walking over from the crew bar area and falling overboard. Its might be "possible" for a passenger to get permission to go there but I'm sure its not something that is encouraged or readily available.

Oh wait, I was talking about the area to the left of the pool, you probably mean the area to the right of the pool. If I remember right the forward part of deck seven ends on each side with crew doors, and behind those are officers quarters are at the fore section of deck 7, which is right where that area would be, so I suspect that is part of that officers quarters area.
caper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:55 PM   #13
CMontheseas
Back on Land for a While!

I suppose it's time again for me to debunk another bit of speculation!

What you're referring to on the right-hand side of that image is adjacent to the Captain's offices and is certainly not a "Crew area" in terms of us being able to see it and be up there if we wanted to like the deck 5 forward pool area is. Like someone said, it's more for Officers.

On certain days (like Tracy Arm in Alaska, Panama Canal day) certain guests are invited up here and have refreshments and desserts and take pictures. Sometimes used for the Captain's barbecue on various cruises. Often promotional videos are shot up here with Mickey and the Gang. The rest of the time it's closed off for access without authorization.

On the far left of the picture where the big hidden Mickey is, is completely out of bounds for crew unless under orders- resulting in termination if breached.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: