Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #31
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
Tonight is the Bruins' debut of NBCSports' Rivalry night, against their long time blood-feud rivals, the Buffalo Sabres. Huh!?!?! Yes they are in the same division. And yes they have had some notable games in their mutual histories. But there are probably more historic rivalries out there for the B's. Just off the top of my head, the Habs, Leafs, Canes/Whalers or the Flyers. Even when the Stars come to town, there's always blood on the ice.

I missed the NBCSports preview/review of the rivalry game tonight (I have it DVR'd but haven't seen it yet), so I don't know the content. Maybe there is something that I am missing. Also, I'm sure that Buffalo has some teams that they would consider more relevant rivals than the Bruins (if there are any Sabres fans that follow, feel free to let us know, maybe PHI or NYI).
I think I'm the only Sabres fan on the thread - and I was going to pose the question about the rivalry from your prospective.

Here's my take on it:
The Sabres/Bruins rivalry stems from a lot of bad blood between the teams in the seventies and eighties, when both teams were good and they were in the same division. (If you look at late seventies standings, Boston and Buffalo were 1-2 in the division almost every year.) So, I think if you asked a Sabres fan in 1985 (and maybe even a Bruins fan) they would probably say it was a top rivalry.

Over the last thirty years though that died down a lot as neither team was particularly good at the same time. However, here in Buffalo the hatred still simmered. I moved in 1994, and so didn't feel that old rivalry, but if you asked the typical Sabres fan what their most hated team was even at that time, it would probably still be the Bruins and the Flyers. (I came in with Bruins hatred of my own being raised a Hartford Whalers fan. I do root for the Sox though!)

So, I would say over the last 10-15 years, I would put the rivalries from our perspective as being
#1: Toronto (because we're 50 miles apart and we hate the Leafs fans that invade our building)
#2: Ottawa (because of the 05-08 timeframe after the lock-out)
#3: Philly (because they are Philly, and we've met them in the playoffs a disproportionate # of times)
#4: Boston (old hatreds dies hard)

However, in the last few years since the Bruins got good again, a lot of the old hatred/rivalry has simmered up in Sabres fans minds. You may not remember, but in 2010 we won the division, got the Bruins in the first round. One of the Bruins players knocked out Thomas Vanek in I think the second game, and that was all she wrote. That as well as the Miller/Lucic incident (which again you may not be aware led the Sabres into a tailspin they never recovered from) has woken up the old hatreds, and with the short-term thing with Ottawa fading in the memory, I would say it bumps the Bruins up to #2 or #3 from our rivalry perspective. (I would personally keep the Bruins in 4th on my list.)

(I would say watch the NHL Rivalries show, I watched the first 5 minutes this morning and it was pretty interesting!)

That said, my hatred for the Bruins now is more academic than personal. It's the type of team I wish my team was. My team is so bad I can't really get much anger over any opponent. (Except the Leafs - the way you guys punked 'em last year gave me great pleasure.)

And let me tell you, if a team that's 1-8-1 can be worse than their record shows, it's the Sabres. This team is BAAAAAD. They have only held the lead for a total of 8 minutes all SEASON. That's out of 600+ minutes! Their main problem - they can't score. Averaging just over 1 goal per game. Terrible.

So, you're probably better off watching the Sox game. The Bruins game should either be an easy/boring win or an embarassing loss, and you don't need to watch either of those!

But, to answer your question: I think most Sabres fans would consider the Bruins one of their top 3 rivals, it's just probably not the other way around.

GO SOX! GO SABRES!

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #32
DenMig
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The B's have a long lull before they face the Av's, in what I think will be a preview of the Stanley Cup Finals. I hate long lulls at the beginning of the season. Just means more games grouped together at the end of the season. The Avalanche have the same record as the B's right now. But will play the Leafs tomorrow night. Should be a good barometer for both teams. Can't wait for Thursday.

As a die hard Blackhawks fan I have to admit I laugh at that. I think we see a repeat champion this year but most likely not a repeat of the finals. However I'd love to play the Bruins again.
DenMig is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #33
Nancy
I get all twitterpatted when he does that!
I eat hot dogs from both ends
Oh Mom, that's so tacky..we live in an upscale area
SHH, don't tell anyone but I'm on the computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
I think I'm the only Sabres fan on the thread - and I was going to pose the question about the rivalry from your prospective.

Here's my take on it:
The Sabres/Bruins rivalry stems from a lot of bad blood between the teams in the seventies and eighties, when both teams were good and they were in the same division. (If you look at late seventies standings, Boston and Buffalo were 1-2 in the division almost every year.) So, I think if you asked a Sabres fan in 1985 (and maybe even a Bruins fan) they would probably say it was a top rivalry.

Over the last thirty years though that died down a lot as neither team was particularly good at the same time. However, here in Buffalo the hatred still simmered. I moved in 1994, and so didn't feel that old rivalry, but if you asked the typical Sabres fan what their most hated team was even at that time, it would probably still be the Bruins and the Flyers. (I came in with Bruins hatred of my own being raised a Hartford Whalers fan. I do root for the Sox though!)

So, I would say over the last 10-15 years, I would put the rivalries from our perspective as being
#1: Toronto (because we're 50 miles apart and we hate the Leafs fans that invade our building)
#2: Ottawa (because of the 05-08 timeframe after the lock-out)
#3: Philly (because they are Philly, and we've met them in the playoffs a disproportionate # of times)
#4: Boston (old hatreds dies hard)

However, in the last few years since the Bruins got good again, a lot of the old hatred/rivalry has simmered up in Sabres fans minds. You may not remember, but in 2010 we won the division, got the Bruins in the first round. One of the Bruins players knocked out Thomas Vanek in I think the second game, and that was all she wrote. That as well as the Miller/Lucic incident (which again you may not be aware led the Sabres into a tailspin they never recovered from) has woken up the old hatreds, and with the short-term thing with Ottawa fading in the memory, I would say it bumps the Bruins up to #2 or #3 from our rivalry perspective. (I would personally keep the Bruins in 4th on my list.)

(I would say watch the NHL Rivalries show, I watched the first 5 minutes this morning and it was pretty interesting!)

That said, my hatred for the Bruins now is more academic than personal. It's the type of team I wish my team was. My team is so bad I can't really get much anger over any opponent. (Except the Leafs - the way you guys punked 'em last year gave me great pleasure.)

And let me tell you, if a team that's 1-8-1 can be worse than their record shows, it's the Sabres. This team is BAAAAAD. They have only held the lead for a total of 8 minutes all SEASON. That's out of 600+ minutes! Their main problem - they can't score. Averaging just over 1 goal per game. Terrible.

So, you're probably better off watching the Sox game. The Bruins game should either be an easy/boring win or an embarassing loss, and you don't need to watch either of those!

But, to answer your question: I think most Sabres fans would consider the Bruins one of their top 3 rivals, it's just probably not the other way around.

GO SOX! GO SABRES!
I'm a Sabres fan and was at last nights game. A lot of Bruins fans there!

I like your list of rivalry standings with the only exception being I would move Ottawa down to last place and move the others up. When the Sabres scored their second goal last night my husband said "well, they hit their quota for scoring in a game, we can go home now".

I thought the team looked bad watching them on TV...watching in person is even worse, you really get to see how lacking they are, and yes they are really really bad.

ETA: All the Bruins fans sitting around us were very nice and I heard no trash talking...there was a lot of talk about the Series game going though.

Last edited by Nancy; 10-24-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:16 AM   #34
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
I'm a Sabres fan and was at last nights game. A lot of Bruins fans there!

I like your list of rivalry standings with the only exception being I would move Ottawa down to last place and move the others up. When the Sabres scored their second goal last night my husband said "well, they hit their quota for scoring in a game, we can go home now".

I thought the team looked bad watching them on TV...watching in person is even worse, you really get to see how lacking they are, and yes they are really really bad.

ETA: All the Bruins fans sitting around us were very nice and I heard no trash talking...there was a lot of talk about the Series game going though.
I agree right now Ottawa is probably below the Bruins, but more because the history is longer than anything else. And your completely right - they ARE worse in person. They don't even look like an NHL team, and for how bad they've been the last few years, its never been to THAT point.

I agree, I have never had a problem with a Bruins fan at the arena. The ONLY fans I've ever had issues with at games were Leafs fans. (And not 100%, I've met some nice Leafs fans as well.)

One of my favorite Disney/hockey memories was back in 2010 we were at Disney World when the Sabres were playing the Bruins. At the time Pittsburgh was playing Ottawa. I was on a bus with someone in a Pittsburgh jersey and we got to talking playoffs...found another guy that was from Ottawa, but was a Habs fan...we bonded over hatred of the Sens. The last time our team was any good...Good times!

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #35
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
One of my favorite Disney/hockey memories was back in 2010 we were at Disney World when the Sabres were playing the Bruins. At the time Pittsburgh was playing Ottawa. I was on a bus with someone in a Pittsburgh jersey and we got to talking playoffs...found another guy that was from Ottawa, but was a Habs fan...we bonded over hatred of the Sens. The last time our team was any good...Good times!
I had a similar experience. While in line for the Candlelight Processional in Dec 2010, we started talking with the people behind us that were New England transplants now living in Charlotte. They had become Canes fans. So we talked about our teams until the ushers started letting people in.

Back to the here and now. The Bruins got the W last night. But the cost of the game is still uncertain. Loui Ericksson stayed behind in a Buffalo hospital, while the rest of the team had to travel back to Boston, for tonight's game against the Sharks. I won't get into the hit itself too much (what can I say that Milbury hadn't SAID already). It was cheap. It was a head shot. And it was pre-meditated. Maybe not the victim, but the action. Should Ericksson have kept his head up? Yes. Does it excuse what happened? Not in the least. Early predictions are that Scott will get a minimum of 5 games, may be more. His 1 saving grace is that he's never been suspended, yet.

As for the game itself... First, I want to thank the pioneer inventor, that first manufactured the remote control with the "Prev CH" button. Mine got a workout last night. I think some all of the paint is off of it. It now says "rrcv C I". And I think NBCSports was screwing with me. I felt like every time, it was in between innings, I'd turn back to the B's/Sabres game, and something eventful happened. Like NBCSports had tapped my cable box, and when I hit the rrcv C I button, they'd play a highlight (or low light when it comes to the head shot), just for me. The only goal I really missed was Beaker's tip in. It started with the 1st time I hit the button and I thought I saw Iginla score his 1st goal as a Bruin. But it turns out, he was actually denied. Not by Miller. Not by a D-man laying out to block the shot. Not even by the post. Nope. He was denied his 1st goal by a microscopic fleck of equipment on Lucic's leg. But Iggy got the assist. All told, 8 Bruins had points last night. 5 of them had multi-point nights. There were 2 things that I had a problem with the way the B's played last night. 1, was that the 3 d-men goals took place deep in the offensive zone. I don't want them to get to comfy there and risk being GROSSLY out of position. 2, Johnson let up a couple of softies on only 16 shots. I hope that is just due to rust.

Tonight the 1st place Sharks are in the Garden, and they've brought their newest super hero, the teenage mutant ninja Hertl (someone else came up with that nickname, I swear it). Tomas Hertl has 7-3-10, including that "contraversial" 4 goal game. And Niemi is playing back to all-star form. Lucky for us, Tuuk is as well.

Bruins/Sharks - Face-off at 7pm
Sox/Cards - First pitch at 8pm

That means I get a period and a half of Bruins before I have to start abusing my remote.

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #36
BDL
DIS Veteran

Sorry I've been away for a while. Stupid work wants me to actually work while I'm there. Can you imagine the nerve? Anyhoo... We got 2 games to catch up on.

If there was anyone left who though that Tuukka was not a Vezina candidate, they were left with no choice but to change their minds after the performance he had against the Sharks. 39 shots and only allowed 1 goal. What is probably lost in the stat sheet, was that McQuaid had about 3 saves himself, at different points in the game when Tuuk was sprawled out and out of position. Also, Iggy got his first goal as a Bruin (about time ). But the highlight of the night (and it kills me to say it) was the Krejci game winning goal at the 19:59.2 mark in the 3rd period . Let's just say, some expletives were used, by yours truly. And with that, the B's handed the Sharks their 1st regulation loss of the season. And this Sharks team is impressive. They may be a little top heavy, but they mix and match that 1st line with 4 or 5 players and then run the equivalent of a 3rd and 4th line. But those 4 or 5 players can pepper a goalie into giving up softies.

But these good feelings were short lived. The Jagr returned to the Garden on Saturday with the NJ Devils. He pulled up to the entrance in his IROC, got out sporting his acid wash jeans, Z. Cavaricci shirt and Ray Bans, and came to play. I didn't get to watch much of the game. BDLsgal and I were at a friend's surprise 40th birthday party. Most of my info comes from me sneaking away to peak at a TV and checking my phone. The B's got on the board first. A PP goal by Torey "Freddy" Krug. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank those in the Disboards fantasy hockey league for not trying to trump my FA acquisition of Krug, after the draft. For the 1st 20min it was all Bruins. After that, all Devils. Scoring a total of 4 goals, all on the power play, with 2 coming in the last 70 sec of the game. And The Jagr ended the night with 2 helpers (including 1 on the game winner with 45 sec left). This same night, the Sox lost on a technicallity. A tough night in sports to swallow.

But here's a funny story from the party for all of you. At 1 point, MJ's Thriller was being played and the birthday boy's son, who is 6yrs old, was at our table. BDLsgal asked him "Do you know this song? It's Thriller." The little boy answered, with all sincerity, "No. I wish they'd play Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus. That's the bestest song ever." I had to contain my laughter. I think I was turning purple at some point.

On Wednesday, the Bruins try to go for 5 in a row vs. the Penguins.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #37
stevea20
Mouseketeer

Actually got to see a few scant minutes of tonight's game. I am, of course, focused on the Red Sox and Game 6 and as I write this there are 3 outs to go.
stevea20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:45 AM   #38
BDL
DIS Veteran

Congrats to the 2013 World Champion Red Sox. I have to admit, I didn't get to see much of the Bruins game last night BECAUSE I was watching the Sox. On top of a lot of my other duties at work, I am also the site A/V tech. I've had to work back to back 16hr shifts the past 2 days, but I wasn't going to miss last night's game. So I rigged the main auditorium's projectors to show the game in wall sized HD. As the game progressed, the crowd in the auditorium grew. Needless to say, I was their hero.

I was able to see some of the B's game in between innings. The Pens went up 2-1 in the span of that 2 min. I took it as a sign to go back to the Sox game. 1 good thing from the box score though. Iggy is continually lighting the lamp since breaking the dam last week.

I will be in attendance for tonight's game. Look for the big guy wearing a Hawaiian shirt that hasn't gotten any sleep in 3 days. Hunh...... Maybe that should be my costume? Hawaiian zombie.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #39
BDL
DIS Veteran

It was a tense game last night. From Tuukka giving up a goal in the 1st 2 minutes of the game. To the Bruins getting out-muscled all night. To the team getting only 1 shot on net in the whole 1st period. O-N-E! Because of this the crowd was kind of taken out of the game for about a period and a half. The only exceptions being, when they showed on the jumbo-tron fans that dressed like Rene or Chooch (the dancing guy with the mustache) for Halloween. But the crowd got back into it for real when "the angry 1 eyed Swede" got his 1st goal. Besides the goal, Soderberg impressed me with his puck handling ability. There were a couple of times when he was dangling the puck out there, daring a Duck to take it away from him, and they couldn't. But it didn't last too long. With 20 sec left, Perrault scored on a no look shot. That is why, when Perrault tried to give Krug an after the whistle shove in the 3rd and ended up on his back, the crowd erupted. It remained 2-1 until 3 minutes left in the game. 7 sec into a PP, Krejci took the rebound from a Krug slap shot and fed it to Chara in front of the net. The nimble giant tied the game. In OT, the B's limited the Ducks' shots to (as Dean Wormer would say) "zero POINT zero." In the shootout, it was the new Bruin, Jerome Iginla who netted the only goal in the extra frame. I'm starting to think that the fans have begun forgiving him for choosing the Pens.

Next up for the B's, they go to NY to play, the now Vanek re-enforced Islanders. After that, on Tuesday, the B's welcome back Seguin and Peverley.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:18 AM   #40
stevea20
Mouseketeer

Well tonight is going to be an epic game, for two reasons.

One, the obvious, is the return of Seguin and Peverley and it will interesting to see if Tyler has the same problems against the Bruins that Kessel had all these years or will he break right out.

Second, and most important, I finally get to watch a game. I have had such bad withdrawal with these new work hours, and while listening to the radio is OK it just doesn't match up with seeing the team play. So this is almost like Opening Night for me.

Side note: It must be great BDL, to have those skills allowing you to bring up the WS for your co-workers. Reminds me of the year of the Bruins cup run. I missed most of the first two rounds because I was on a Hawaiian cruise. But there was a guy who, working with the ships IT officer, was able to tap into a satellite feed and project it onto a large screen in one of the lounges to show playoff games. The place was packed with screaming fans everytime. The only problem was most of the people on the ship were Canucks fans and those were the games being shown. Later the irony in that made me laugh particularly when I kept hearing people talking that they didn't think the Bruins would go too far.

Well, break out the pizza. Time for hockey.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #41
BDL
DIS Veteran

Welcome to Homecoming Week

For 3 straight games this week, we welcome back some prominent ex-Bruins. Tonight Tyler Seguin and Rich Peverley with the Stars (Seguin is 1st in pts, Pevs 5th in pts). Thursday night, Timmy Thomas returns from the trainers' room just in time to come back to the Garden (dispite his personality or facebook posts, no one here SHOULD be boo-ing him). And on Saturday, the always anticipated return of Phil Kessel (no more thank you Kessel chant ). And tonight, might be the return of Ericksson as well.

Speaking of tonight, no matter who is on the team, I LOVE when the Stars come to the Garden. Always a great and entertaining game. And usually the PIM exceeds the game clock. Can't wait. (especially to see Bergy take Seguin to school in the face-off dot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea20 View Post
Second, and most important, I finally get to watch a game. I have had such bad withdrawal with these new work hours, and while listening to the radio is OK it just doesn't match up with seeing the team play. So this is almost like Opening Night for me.

Side note: It must be great BDL, to have those skills allowing you to bring up the WS for your co-workers. Reminds me of the year of the Bruins cup run. I missed most of the first two rounds because I was on a Hawaiian cruise. But there was a guy who, working with the ships IT officer, was able to tap into a satellite feed and project it onto a large screen in one of the lounges to show playoff games. The place was packed with screaming fans everytime. The only problem was most of the people on the ship were Canucks fans and those were the games being shown. Later the irony in that made me laugh particularly when I kept hearing people talking that they didn't think the Bruins would go too far.

Well, break out the pizza. Time for hockey.
Glad you get to see the game live. And that is funny about the cruise ship. And thank you for the compliment about my skills. Never really had any formal training. I just keep "MacGyver"-ing until I can get something to work the way I want.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #42
stevea20
Mouseketeer

Well don't that figure. Seguin and Peverley get the shootout goals to beat the Bruins.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #43
SkaGoat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
And on Saturday, the always anticipated return of Phil Kessel (no more thank you Kessel chant ).
His play last year in the playoffs kinda silenced those chants. He's also top 5 in the league for goals (9) and top 10 for points (18) so far this season.

Leafs fans at ACC will be sad they can't thank Seguin anymore when the Bruins come to town, but the maids at the Toronto Four Seasons will be happy Dallas only comes to town 1 once this year.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:18 AM   #44
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea20 View Post
Well don't that figure. Seguin and Peverley get the shootout goals to beat the Bruins.
In all honesty... After the penalty shot, didn't we all think that it WOULD end that way? Maybe not Pevs. But going into a shootout, how many 2nd points did Seguin snag for the B's because of his 1 on 1 skill? But Pevs getting the game winner was just the salt in the wound. And I don't blame Seidenberg for what he did. On way or another, Fiddler was going to be going in on Tuuk 1 on 1. If there is 1 positive to take from the Dallas game (still feel jipped of a line brawl), it's that Lucic got his linebacker frame in front of the goalie and redirected a goal. We need more of that from Looch

Tonight the Panthers come to the Garden. Unfortunately, Timmy won't be playing. But found out an interesting fact listening to Toucher and Rich this morning. The Tim Thomas Florida Panthers sweater is the #5 best selling, so far this season. Behind Toews, Kane, Crosby and Datsyuk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaGoat View Post
His play last year in the playoffs kinda silenced those chants. He's also top 5 in the league for goals (9) and top 10 for points (18) so far this season.

Leafs fans at ACC will be sad they can't thank Seguin anymore when the Bruins come to town, but the maids at the Toronto Four Seasons will be happy Dallas only comes to town 1 once this year.
Kessel DEFINITELY came into his own in the playoffs last year. No one can take that away from him. And his numbers and team are doing better than the Bruins this season. It's going to be fun watching the Leafs/B's games.

As for Seguin, did anyone else see the Jack Edwards' interviews with him the other night? I'm not going into what Tyler said, but something I noticed. Either no one in Dallas is telling him to brush his teeth, or he is smoking like 2 packs a day. Cuz those teeth were discolored.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #45
BDL
DIS Veteran

Last night's game was the epitome of "it's not how, it's how many." For the 1st period and a half, the B's showed almost no sign of life. That is with the exception of Greg Campbell stepping up for his team mate, when Winchester threw a Macho Man Savage elbow at Kelly. Just look at how the goals were scored. 2 of them clanged iron, 1 trickled under the pillows and 1 was off of a spoon feeding right in front of the net. But that's what you have to do. When opportunity knocks you have to answer.

Hopefully Mr. Opportunity will be having dinner at The Fours tomorrow night and take in the B's/Leaf's game.

Tags
boston, boston strong, bruins, nhl, stanley cup

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: