Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2013, 05:38 AM   #16
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake2008 View Post
None of the bags are over $99. The cheapest are the zip id case for $15 and the large cosmetic $35. I have the price list on my phone. I can try posting it, but am not sure if it will be clear enough to read. Let me know if you want a price for a specific style.

I remember the duffel, tote, and backpack were all three $99.00. The mini hipster was $60.00. I wasn't interested in the full size hipster, but seem to remember it was like $10.00 higher than the mini hipster, so $70.00. The phone wristlet was like around $55.00. I just looked online at my credit card and with the AP discount, the total for the large duffel, tote, two mini hipsters, large cosmetic bag, and wristlet were $391.08. I remember I saved like $40.00 with the AP discount.

I went in wanting a backpack, but wanted a larger one, so changed my mind when I saw it was the smallest one. I went with the Vera tote instead, to match the duffel I got. That first day everyone I saw was buying multiple items and walking out of there with huge shopping bags and really huge smiles.

Last edited by aubriee; 10-02-2013 at 05:56 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:55 AM   #17
DisneyAllyC
Princess Ally

I'm still getting mine online. I don't feel like waiting until March. I've waited long enough

1998:First trip to Disney-Polynesian
2004: Pop Century
2005: All Star Music
2007: Saratoga Springs
2009: High School Senior Trip-All Star Sports

4 days until my next trip to Disney World!
DisneyAllyC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2013, 06:05 AM   #18
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyAllyC View Post
I'm still getting mine online. I don't feel like waiting until March. I've waited long enough
Good luck! I know what you mean by waiting long enough. lol I still wouldn't do it though. The first pink mini hipster they handed me had only one Mickey/Minnie on the whole bag and they had their heads cut completely off. If you didn't know it was a Disney Vera Bradley you would not have been able to tell just by looking at it. If I had paid $60.00 for that bag ($54.00 plus tax with AP discount) I would have been pissed when I got home with it. The second one, the CM did a really good job of finding one with perfect placement.

I'll be back down there Dec 6th-16th and am hoping they have the new blue/green VB Disney print out. If not, I'll just wait until my next trip in May. No way am I ordering online and taking a chance of receiving a bag with no characters on it, (or characters with no heads).

I still wonder how many people got bags with really bad placement of the characters that first morning. Everyone was so excited to get the bags they wanted, that alot were not even looking at them, just grabbing the baskets the CMs handed them and going straight to check out. I did the same thing when the Disney Dooney Bourke bags first came out. I grabbed a wristlet without really looking at it. It had bad placement. I've never been happy with it and never use it.

Last edited by aubriee; 10-02-2013 at 06:20 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:18 AM   #19
B&J
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have a picture of what the 3rd pattern looks like that hasn't been released yet? If so, could you please post it - Thanks!
B&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #20
DisneyAllyC
Princess Ally

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee

Good luck! I know what you mean by waiting long enough. lol I still wouldn't do it though. The first pink mini hipster they handed me had only one Mickey/Minnie on the whole bag and they had their heads cut completely off. If you didn't know it was a Disney Vera Bradley you would not have been able to tell just by looking at it. If I had paid $60.00 for that bag ($54.00 plus tax with AP discount) I would have been pissed when I got home with it. The second one, the CM did a really good job of finding one with perfect placement.

I'll be back down there Dec 6th-16th and am hoping they have the new blue/green VB Disney print out. If not, I'll just wait until my next trip in May. No way am I ordering online and taking a chance of receiving a bag with no characters on it, (or characters with no heads).

I still wonder how many people got bags with really bad placement of the characters that first morning. Everyone was so excited to get the bags they wanted, that alot were not even looking at them, just grabbing the baskets the CMs handed them and going straight to check out. I did the same thing when the Disney Dooney Bourke bags first came out. I grabbed a wristlet without really looking at it. It had bad placement. I've never been happy with it and never use it.
Well I got my Dooney online and its perfect but its smaller than I expected. I still use it though but I can't put as much in as I want. But it will be great for the parks

Old 10-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #21
Spanky
Mouseketeer

One solution to the online ordering is to order more than one of what you want. Then pick the bag with the best placement and return the second bag for credit. You will have to pay the return postage.
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #22
kiramay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&J View Post
Does anyone have a picture of what the 3rd pattern looks like that hasn't been released yet? If so, could you please post it - Thanks!
Ditto! I'd love to see a green and blue VB Mickey bag!

Disney and I have a great history, thanks to my parents. Now I get to share it with my family!
Trip#1 12/27/12-01/03/13, POR
Trip#2 October 2014, POR
Trip#3 WDW Half Marathon 2015

kiramay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #23
kiramay
Mouseketeer

Is this it?

http://sportingnow.com/Vera_Bradley_...product_id=214

And here's a bag picture! Scroll down...
http://inthelandofvera.blogspot.com/...ummer.html?m=0

Disney and I have a great history, thanks to my parents. Now I get to share it with my family!
Trip#1 12/27/12-01/03/13, POR
Trip#2 October 2014, POR
Trip#3 WDW Half Marathon 2015

kiramay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #24
DisneyAllyC
Princess Ally

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiramay
I like it. And it looks like it wouldn't have placement problems.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #25
glasslipper
DIS Veteran

Are they going to be available online through Disney or the Vera Bradley website?
Old 10-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #26
mercydisney
Is it on sale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiramay View Post
Thank You, I went to both DTD and MK to pick up a Mickey Vera bag but did not like them (odd one out). The new pattern is more my style. I guess I will have a Disney Vera after all.
mercydisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #27
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

We are here now. DTD didn't have much of a selection and neither did a store on Main Street. I didn't see any IDs or wristlets.
MLinDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #28
Satchmo128
I could ride Expedition Everest over and over and over and over and...........

Oh my goodness - I really like that blue/green one! I love the subtle mickeys instead of a larger print!

Trips to Cali Parks: 1999 (April), 2003 (March), 2005 (August), 2007 (September), 2010 (January), 2012 (October - YAY Cars Land!!)
Trips to WDW Parks: Our Honeymoon - 2009 (February), 2010 (September), 2011 (November), 2012 (December), 2013 (November), planning December 2014!!
Satchmo128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #29
JayhawkFans
Mouseketeer

We were there on Monday, September 23 and had no luck getting the black pattern at DTD. We lucked into a good selection at the MK on Monday, September 30. As a previous poster mentioned, make sure you check them over good before purchasing .. the CM had to go to the backroom and search for a mini hipster with Mickey and/or Minnie on it because what was out on the floor didn't have anything but a chopped off piece of either Mickey or Minnie. He was most happy to go searching for me.

Disney Dream - 1/12/14- 4-night Bahamian
Disney Dream - 9/26/13- 3-night Bahamian
JayhawkFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #30
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

I'm hoping they are available mid November, I plan to buy one as a birthday present to self. originally wanted a D&B but can't afford it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: