Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2013, 04:01 AM   #1
sarahandgreg
Mouseketeer

Dream halloween cruise

So I am on the dream with my mum on the 10th. She is in a wheelchair and she has decided to go all out and get a costume for Halloween to get involved in all the fun on board. Can someone tell me when the adults wear the costumes? Is is pirate night or one of the other nights? I don't really think she wants to enter a competition or anything but I wondered if any adults had costumes on at dinner like they do for pirate night? It's a big effort for her and I don't want her struggling to do it if it's only for an hour or so. We are not traveling with kids either so not sure what to do. Wondering if someone could enlighten me on what everyone else did on their cruise?

Thanks
sarahandgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:25 AM   #2
mwins78
Mouseketeer

Just got off of the dream cruise last Thursday yes adults had on costumes. Halloween was on Tuesday our Bahamas day

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
mwins78 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #3
motogp
Mouseketeer

How crazy was it in the lobby for the dance party and trick-or-treating?
motogp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #4
alhj
Earning My Ears

We just did a 3-night cruise on the Dream last week. Our Halloween/trick-or-treat was on our day at Nassau. The Halloween/trick-or-treating was at 4:45 until 5:15. Plenty of people dressed up, some quite elaborately. This was also the same day as the Pirate party. That took place in the evening, 9:45 I think, with fireworks at 10:30.

Personally, I thought it was kind of much. The lobby was packed with people for the Halloween stuff. My kids got overwhelmed and couldnít see anything so we went up to the 5th floor and watched from the balcony. Itís a Dance Party basically. If you donít want to dance, Iíd go right at the beginning, get some candy, then move up to watch the rest. It was geared towards young/preschool kids, imo.

The Pirate party was on the pool deck. It was jam-packed. Bandanas are given to you, most people wore them. Some people were dressed as pirates all day, but I didnít see many Halloween costumes after the halloween stuff was over.

My kids dressed as pirates and my son ditched his costume after the halloween stuff because he was hot.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #5
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahandgreg View Post
So I am on the dream with my mum on the 10th. She is in a wheelchair and she has decided to go all out and get a costume for Halloween to get involved in all the fun on board. Can someone tell me when the adults wear the costumes? Is is pirate night or one of the other nights? I don't really think she wants to enter a competition or anything but I wondered if any adults had costumes on at dinner like they do for pirate night? It's a big effort for her and I don't want her struggling to do it if it's only for an hour or so. We are not traveling with kids either so not sure what to do. Wondering if someone could enlighten me on what everyone else did on their cruise?

Thanks
I don't know about this year but in the past, when the adult costume contest was in the lobby, the actual judging took place up on the platform (I think it's the step to the Royal Palace restaurant). There was no ramp to get to the judging and I didn't see anyone in a wheelchair get picked for the judging - even if they wanted to.
PrincessTrisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #6
karmacats
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahandgreg View Post

Thanks
Presuming this is a 3-night (because it leaves on Thurs), pirate night and the halloween party will be the same night - night 2. I was told by shoreside concierge that the 3-night cruises have both parties the same night, and there are other threads about Halloween on here that are saying the same thing.

The adult costume party is at 11:15, and it sounds like many adults wore costumes to dinner and then all night until the costume party. It's disney - no one will look at you twice if you wear a costume all night.
karmacats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #7
GarrettJD
DIS Veteran

We're going to be on the Dream cruise on the 10th also-- just my wife and I. We plan on wearing our costumes from the afternoon through the end of the night.

If you see Alice and the Mad Hatter, say hi. :-)
12/84 (offsite), 6/03 (ASMu), 6/04, 6/05, 7/06, 6/07, 12/07 (POP), 6/08 (offsite), 12/09 (POP), 6/10 (Disney Wonder, AKL), 11/10 (POP), 6/11 (POFQ), 12/11, 6/12, 12/12 (POP), 5/13 (POR), 10/13 (POP, Disney Dream)
GarrettJD is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: