Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2013, 11:17 PM   #1
nblake05
Mouseketeer

Asking for help for gktw dismeet out west!!!

Hi there fellow Disers! I've been thinking a lot about the call for a GKTW DisMeet out west. I've actually had this in my head for a while now. I live just south of Tucson, AZ and I've been thinking how cool it would be to have an "old west" meet...maybe Woody and Jesse themed. We have Tombstone close by, as well as Old Tucson which is an old west theme park (I use that term loosely) and movie location, which would both be awesome places to have a meet and podcast recording! The problem is that I just have no idea where to begin... It seems such a daunting task. Are there any in other Disers in AZ? Any that would join forces with me....any with prior fundraising experience. I have none! I really think this could be a unique and special event, but thinking about the logistics sends me into a tailspin! I'm full of ideas with no clue how to make them coalesce into an actual event. I'm asking for help from anyone in AZ, as well as advice from anyone who has put together something like this before. How can we make this happen???!!!???

Laughter is timeless.Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.--Walt Disney
nblake05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
Dramamama
Mouseketeer

I have been thinking about this too, but didn't know where to begin or how to go about it. I'm in Scottsdale. If we can get a team together, I'm in.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

DL - 1972, 1980, 1983, 1984, 1986, 5x 1987 (AP),5x 1988 (AP), 2x 1989, 2x 1990, 1992, 2x 1994, 2x 2005, 5x 2006 (AP), 2x 2007, 2x 2010, 4x 2011, 3x 2012, 4x 2013 // WDW-1999, 2009, 2012 // DCL- MR 2011, MR 2011

Dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
nblake05
Mouseketeer

As it stands now... We'd be a team of two! So far no one else has responded.... I'm a bit disappointed. Someone from the NE meet offered some advice, though. What do you think about enlisting the help of service clubs like the Lions, Elks, or Junior League?

Laughter is timeless.Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.--Walt Disney
Old 10-14-2013, 08:28 AM   #4
Tinkershelly
DisneyWorld trip winner!
Holy moley, there are soooo many items!

I'm not in a geographical position to help you out, but I wish you lots of luck!

We (in Nova Scotia) organized our fund-raising event as we would for something like a kids hockey team and enlisted the help of many non-Dissers to make that part successful. Then when it seemed like there were enough Dissers interested in being social we incorporated a few meet-ups before and after the auction which were not fund-raising events. We kept those relatively inexpensive because we wanted the money to be focussed on the auction.

Other groups with a large number of Dissers around, organize their weekends with all the events being Dis-related. We knew that we wouldn't have enough Dissers to go that route so our auction has lots of merchandise for the non-Disser.

Keep up the online chatter and you may be surprised how many Dissers do come out in the end.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
Dramamama
Mouseketeer

I think we need to reach out to Dis Unplugged Anaheim and Orlando. If they mention us and put a link on the notes page we may have more luck. Also, maybe we need to post a thread on the Disneyland forum page. I'll post on this forum for advise.

DL - 1972, 1980, 1983, 1984, 1986, 5x 1987 (AP),5x 1988 (AP), 2x 1989, 2x 1990, 1992, 2x 1994, 2x 2005, 5x 2006 (AP), 2x 2007, 2x 2010, 4x 2011, 3x 2012, 4x 2013 // WDW-1999, 2009, 2012 // DCL- MR 2011, MR 2011

Dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #6
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Disneyland Correspondent for The DIS UnpluggedI'll try to pop in later
Doh! Yeah, that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramamama View Post
I think we need to reach out to Dis Unplugged Anaheim and Orlando. If they mention us and put a link on the notes page we may have more luck. Also, maybe we need to post a thread on the Disneyland forum page. I'll post on this forum for advise.

We've mentioned it the last two weeks on the DL show. It was in last week's show notes and I just added it to this week's.

There was a thread on the DL boards, but didn't get much response. I just bumped it, but Nicole might want to make the title a little clearer.
ImTooExcitedToSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #7
nblake05
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTooExcitedToSleep View Post
We've mentioned it the last two weeks on the DL show. It was in last week's show notes and I just added it to this week's. There was a thread on the DL boards, but didn't get much response. I just bumped it, but Nicole might want to make the title a little clearer.
How can I edit the title of a thread. Or should I repost.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:44 PM   #8
nblake05
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramamama View Post
I think we need to reach out to Dis Unplugged Anaheim and Orlando. If they mention us and put a link on the notes page we may have more luck. Also, maybe we need to post a thread on the Disneyland forum page. I'll post on this forum for advise. Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Yes! I've been thinking this too. I need to send an email! I've just gotten caught up in some other stuff recently....my mom might have MS...so I've been a bit distracted. I'm sorry for not replying to you sooner! I plan on sending you a PM soon!

Old 10-18-2013, 11:27 PM   #9
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Doh! Yeah, that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by nblake05 View Post
How can I edit the title of a thread. Or should I repost.
The one here is fine because people know what GKTW is here, but the one on the DL boards could use more detail.

Click on "edit", then click "advanced" and you can change the title.

Looks like you're getting a few responses over on the DL boards.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #10
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

This is a great idea! I love the theme. Send me a private message once you have the final dates and time details so I can update our official list of events.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #11
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Doh! Yeah, that one

If you're interested in helping in Arizona, you might want to check out this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3180003
Old 12-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #12
GoGoJulie
Earning My Ears

Hi, I am so far behind in listening to my Podcasts that I just heard about a possible Arizona Meet. I am willing to assist, but like you I wouldn't know where to start. I live in Gilbert. I haven't searched, but has anyone who held a successful meet posted their process, and what helped make theirs so successful? I know I have searched for people who are interested in Disney pins in Arizona, and haven't seen anything. Where are all the local Disney fans? There sure were a lot of people at the D23 and Shareholder meeting in Phoenix.
GoGoJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:30 PM   #13
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Doh! Yeah, that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoJulie View Post
Hi, I am so far behind in listening to my Podcasts that I just heard about a possible Arizona Meet. I am willing to assist, but like you I wouldn't know where to start. I live in Gilbert. I haven't searched, but has anyone who held a successful meet posted their process, and what helped make theirs so successful? I know I have searched for people who are interested in Disney pins in Arizona, and haven't seen anything. Where are all the local Disney fans? There sure were a lot of people at the D23 and Shareholder meeting in Phoenix.
Hey there!!

Much of the AZ Meet discussion has moved over to the Disneyland boards where there are more DISers from the area:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3180003

There's also a group on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/748782321818256/
Old 01-05-2014, 10:54 AM   #14
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Great job, all!

Please make sure you update the first post in this thread once you have a date, venue, etc. so that everyone is in the loop.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: