Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #16
mybestieismickey
DIS Veteran

I'm not in AZ, but not too far of a flight. I would definitely be interested in attending depending on when the event is held. If the date works for me, I would be willing to help with last minute stuff or anything that I can work on from home.

From an organizing stand point, I've never done anything quite like this, but I would definitely sit down and make a list of exactly what you want to happen (events, meals, seminars, whatever) and then work keeping that mind as you look at locations and costs. Then maybe figure out how much you want to delegate and how much you want to have controlled by one person.

Good luck with this project!

I really hope it works out!
Old 11-03-2013, 12:05 AM   #17
nblake05
Mouseketeer

Hi there everyone! I took someone's advice and started a Facebook page for our hopeful AZ DisMeet. It might be an easier and quicker way to communicate ideas and information to each other! We'll see how it works. If your interested, look up AZ GKTW Meet and friend request "me". Hope to get in contact with all of you who are interested in helping soon!

Nicole Blake

Laughter is timeless.Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.--Walt Disney
nblake05 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #18
SKShields
Earning My Ears

I am in AZ and would love to help if I can. I just friend requested your FB page. What a great cause to help!
Old 11-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #19
nblake05
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKShields View Post
I am in AZ and would love to help if I can. I just friend requested your FB page. What a great cause to help!
I just accepted the friend request! Where in AZ are you?

Laughter is timeless.Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.--Walt Disney
Old 11-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #20
6Smiles
DIS Veteran

Hi Nicole -
Old Tucson has has a Facebook page. If you go onto their website it lists what they have according to what type of event you have. They have events from 50 to several thousands of people and different buildings available or we could plan an outside event. They have gun fights, girl revue shows, and stage coach rides which is an additional cost. I am not sure how or if we could incorporate Disney characters as this is something we would need to call and ask about. They have all sorts of menus available like Hot Dogs and Hamburgers to a more formal type of meal depending on what you were looking into.

Life has been a roller coaster, I passed my boards so I am a Licensed RN now. Things seem to have calmed for the moment. Maybe the first place to start is to have those on Facebook throw out ideas after looking at what Old Tucson has to offer.

I was wondering if you could share your vision on Facebook so we can start there and build on what you have dreamed/thought up.

Kris
(You already added me as a friend on Facebook - the Kitty)
Old 11-24-2013, 10:32 PM   #21
Barbday62
DIS Veteran

Im already a friend with you at Face book too,. I suggested we contact GKTW in Florida. Ill bet they have all sorts of ideas to build on.
Barbday62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #22
kellys520
Earning My Ears

Hi there, I'm from Tucson too and would love to help out with this. I just sent a request on Facebook. I don't know much...ok anything...about event planning but I stay at home right now so I have plenty of time to help out and figure things out if help is needed. I've never been to Old Tucson, except once to Nightfall, but I do love Tombstone! I wouldn't mind driving out there either. From where I am in Tucson, they are almost the same distance lol.

kellys520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #23
SKShields
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nblake05 View Post
I just accepted the friend request! Where in AZ are you?
I'm in Maricopa - pretty much the phoenix area.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #24
snowglobe
Earning My Ears

I live in Scottsdale, but would definitely drive down for this event. I have no experience with fundraising, but the DIS people could probably give some good advice about other events they have attended.
snowglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:27 AM   #25
MikeScott8
DVC Pooh
Yes I'm Disney obessed! You say that like it's a bad thing
Dove into the DIS and still swimming in the DISBoard waves
Proposed in the cockpit of the monorail

I am from Western NY originally but am now living in Peoria, AZ on west side of Phoenix. I will keep an eye on this event and hopefully can make it. Don't know about being much use to you as a volunteer, as I've never been to Tuscon yet in the 7-8 yrs I've lived in PHX. But you can count me as a definite maybe for an attendee.

Last edited by MikeScott8; 12-12-2013 at 11:10 AM. Reason: forgot some words in rushing this morning
MikeScott8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #26
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

Hi! We live in Phoenix and we, my DH and I, would love to attend! Normally I would say we would help, as we are both have those type A event planning personalities, but we are expecting our first baby next spring so it is hard to commit to anything beyond all the stuff we already do! But you can use me for ideas and suggestions. I'm a foodie and love planning menus so I think I could manage to help with ideas for that! It will just all depend on when it is!
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #27
roxleigh312
Earning My Ears

Hi, I'm in Tucson! I have no idea how I can help, I don't know anything about fundraising or planning a meet like this!
Past trips: Disneyland Summer 1980, WDW July 1988 (Contemporary Resort), WDW September 1990 (offsite), WDW May 2008 (Shades of Green), Disneyland September 2009 (Desert Inn), Disneyland December 2010 (HoJo), Disneyland March 2011 (HoJo), WDW September 2012 (Caribbean Beach), WDW September 2013 (Port Orleans Riverside) Next trip: Disneyland March 2014
roxleigh312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:47 AM   #28
moveebuff
Earning My Ears

GKTW meet in AZ

My wife and l live in Flagstaff but would love to attend the AZ meet.
moveebuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:06 PM   #29
Disney_Mousketeers
Mouseketeer

I live in Chandler and my DH and I would love to help with meet!

Thanks!
Tabitha
Old 01-29-2014, 05:41 PM   #30
nblake05
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone!
Well, we are fast approaching February and I hope everyone has recovered from the holidays! I'm finally settling in to my new job... Although I'm still working more than I'd like.... 6 days a week! I still want to make this meet happen, but given the change in my circumstances, I will need some help more than ever! So.... Please....please....please.... If you are at all interested in helping, please private message me! I would love to get a small team together to brainstorm and go around town and figure this thing out! I've left my 3rd message for GKTW requesting their fundraising packet. Maybe third time is the charm??? I'm going to keep calling until I get one! Please contact me if you are interested in helping make this happen!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: