Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2014, 01:00 PM   #1
AZpharmacist
Mouseketeer

Going to Disneyland week after Thanksgiving!

My husband agreed to take us to disneyland the week after/weekend of Thanksgiving! Yay! I requested time off of work a year ago but he wasn't sure if we should go with a 16 month old.

It's so late to plan. Anyone know if any of the hotels across the street have rooms available? We want to be able to walk to the park and go back to the room for naps.

Any other tips for traveling with a toddler? I've never been to Disneyland during the holiday time. I'm thinking of arriving Saturday night and staying until Tuesday. Although I might skip the park on Sunday as I imagine it's quite busy. What do you think?
AZpharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 02:08 PM   #2
AZpharmacist
Mouseketeer

Bump for hotel tips
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2014, 02:10 PM   #3
SweetAlex
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZpharmacist View Post
My husband agreed to take us to disneyland the week after/weekend of Thanksgiving! Yay! I requested time off of work a year ago but he wasn't sure if we should go with a 16 month old.

It's so late to plan. Anyone know if any of the hotels across the street have rooms available? We want to be able to walk to the park and go back to the room for naps.

Any other tips for traveling with a toddler? I've never been to Disneyland during the holiday time. I'm thinking of arriving Saturday night and staying until Tuesday. Although I might skip the park on Sunday as I imagine it's quite busy. What do you think?
We're going the same week! So exciting! Hoping for slightly quieter crowds after the busy Thanksgiving holiday.

I recommend going on Expedia and entering your dates for the hotels. They will only show you hotels with availability. From there you can view the map and see where they are. Works great! Keep in mind though, that phoning the hotels is likely your best bet. They often have rooms even when the travel sites say they don't.

My youngest was nearly 4 when we first went so I have no advice for toddlers but I'm sure many others do.

Have a fantastic time!

SweetAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 02:22 PM   #4
crystal1313
DIS Veteran

My advice for toddlers:

Go at their pace and realize you won't get as much done (but that's ok, it's so fun to see the parks through their eyes!).
Bring a stroller.
Bring snacks and lots of them!
Take lots of breaks. The parks can be overwhelming.
Bring extra change of clothes!
Bring enough diapers and wipes.
Take advantage of the baby care centers at both parks. They are a lifesaver!
Take lots of photos to remember the trip!
The parks can cool down a lot at night. Bring a sweater/hat and a blanket for the stroller.
Tom Sawyer Island is a great place to let kids run around
Have fun!
Old 10-27-2014, 02:25 PM   #5
AZpharmacist
Mouseketeer

Thank you! I'm hoping crowds will be low as my toddler gets overwhelmed with large groups sometimes. Hopefully, she will have fun.

I remember that when I was looking last year, I saw a website that had distances of hotels from the entrance. Can't find it now! The entrance is on Harbor Blvd, correct? Trying to remember but I haven't been in 4 years
Old 10-27-2014, 04:33 PM   #6
Angrose
Mouseketeer

Hi, I responded to you a few hours ago on the Christmas/Holiday thread:

Today might be your lucky day! Your message reminded me to cancel my reservation at Park Vue Inn, which is right across the street from the entrance on Harbor. I had a family suite booked for Nov 28-Dec 2. I paid $179/nt back in the spring when I booked it, but not sure what the going rate now would be. They just completed renovations of all the rooms, so they look pretty nice now. The family suite has a separate living room with fold-out sofa, kitchen area and bedroom with two queen beds. You do need to go directly to their website or call to book, they are not on any of the travel sites.

If you don't need this room then hopefully one of the other DISers can use it!

Upcoming Trips:
Thanksgiving Weekend 2014...It's happening!!
Angrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:22 PM   #7
mich311e
Planning the next visit to Disneyland!

We've gone after Thanksgiving 5 times. I like Carousel Inn, it's one of the hotels close to the entrance on Harbor Blvd.

Have a great trip!
mich311e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:21 PM   #8
tinkmt
Mouseketeer

We JUST booked the same week. We were only able to find a room thru orbitz. We got one at Carousel Inn
tinkmt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: