Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2013, 05:44 PM   #1
Livia
Earning My Ears

Passports

I rarely post but often read and found the passport discussions very helpful in making a decision to get them for our cruise next month.

Fully expecting to wait 8 weeks we applied under 2 weeks ago and received them today! What a nice surprise especially given the current state of affairs with the government. They still have our birth certificates but I imagine they will be coming shortly.

Anyway thanks for all the help!
Livia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:50 PM   #2
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Nice!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2013, 07:18 PM   #3
dubblewide
Earning My Ears

Did you take your own photos or did you have a business take them for you?
dubblewide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #4
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

Your BC's are mailed back separately but you have your passports so you can enjoy your cruise!!
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:42 PM   #5
NikiM20
This is my first exchange so play fair!!
We have a pretty nice little zoo here

Be prepared, it may take a few weeks for your birth certificates to come back. We applied for 3 passports on the same day. 1 birth certificate came a week before the passports, 1 came the day after we got our passports, and the last came 2 weeks after we got our passports. There's no rhyme or reason why?!?!
Old 10-01-2013, 06:18 AM   #6
tefrench
DIS Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubblewide View Post
We tried that, and I would warn you, unless you are a professional, it probably won't work.

The lady at the courthouse took one look and said they wouldn't work because of the background and shadows. She said they are very picky.

We also got our passports back in two weeks, and the birth certificates back the next day.

06/1996 - Disneys Wilderness Lodge
06/2009 - Disneys Caribbean Beach
02/2010 - First Disney Cruise!
12/2010 - 1/2011 - Christmas at Disney
10/2011 - Halloween Dream Cruise + Disney World
11/2012 - First Trip to DisneyLand
11/2013 - Coronado Springs & Eastern Caribbean on Fantasy
12/2014 - Christmas and New Years at Disney World
tefrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:01 AM   #7
FrogMBA
Mouseketeer

With the government shutdown passport will not be processed until things are settled in congress. That is one of the unnecessary offices being closed.
I hope our government settles things fast for all those waiting .
Old 10-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #8
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
We take our own on a light background and upload them to epassportphoto on the web. The site will center it and make it the appropriate size. Save it and print it at your chosen place. We use Walgreens. It's pennies. We've used this process for 8 times and have had no issues.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #9
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMBA View Post
With the government shutdown passport will not be processed until things are settled in congress. That is one of the unnecessary offices being closed.
I hope our government settles things fast for all those waiting .
I respectfully disagree with you. I think the processing of passports is a necessary function. I am surprised you find it to be unnecessary in that you appear to enjoy traveling.

Have a nice day.

Mike

PS, I do agree with you that I hope the anarchists in Washington are defeated soon and America can have its government back.
MND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:47 AM   #10
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
My DH took our own. Printed them out at Target for 20 cents each and cut them to size. He's 'sort of' professional as far as photography goes. He used a DSLR & followed the instructions to a T from the website. We had no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:51 AM   #11
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by MND View Post
I respectfully disagree with you. I think the processing of passports is a necessary function. I am surprised you find it to be unnecessary in that you appear to enjoy traveling.

Have a nice day.

Mike

PS, I do agree with you that I hope the anarchists in Washington are defeated soon and America can have its government back.
My take on the post you quoted is that the poster does not think it is unnecessary but the government does. Heard on the news this morning that processing passports is one area of the government that will be adversely affected by the shutdown. Seems the government thinks it is not a priority.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:56 AM   #12
DCSWO
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikiM20 View Post
Be prepared, it may take a few weeks for your birth certificates to come back. We applied for 3 passports on the same day. 1 birth certificate came a week before the passports, 1 came the day after we got our passports, and the last came 2 weeks after we got our passports. There's no rhyme or reason why?!?!
Passports for adults and minors are not processed at the same place - that is likely the reason for the different return dates of the BCs.
DCL Dream (11/13)
DCSWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:07 AM   #13
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
My take on the post you quoted is that the poster does not think it is unnecessary but the government does. Heard on the news this morning that processing passports is one area of the government that will be adversely affected by the shutdown. Seems the government thinks it is not a priority. MJ
I was just going to post this. Passport offices are shut down according to Fox News.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:14 AM   #14
LILRERE
Mouseketeer

Really wish I would have sent our passports off before now Hubby was traveling to Europe and since he had to renew his too we were waiting until he got back from his trip next week......Now I am sure there will be a back log when we do send them but we have until February maybe by then we will get them Oh well we can always resort to using our birth certificates as long as we are on the boat I will be happy!
Serenade of the Seas 2007
Independence of the Seas 2009
Majesty of the Seas 2011
Disney Dream Feb 2014

Disney Vacation 2005
Disney Vacation 2011
Mini Disney Vacation 2012
LILRERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:17 AM   #15
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
My take on the post you quoted is that the poster does not think it is unnecessary but the government does. Heard on the news this morning that processing passports is one area of the government that will be adversely affected by the shutdown. Seems the government thinks it is not a priority.

MJ
All I know is what the poster posted. No big whoop, it's just their opinion anyway. Which I respect.

Mike
MND is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: