Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2013, 10:30 PM   #31
asta
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arminnie View Post
I think Bobby Petrino might be a good fit at USC.

He's a POS but USC isn't exactly a bastion of ethics.

USC filed an official complaint of illegal recruiting by Stanford because:

"Stanford promised an education"

OMG - how unfair is that?
Petrino would fit right in with pretty Califirnia girls. They can take long motorcycle rides along the California coast.
asta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:58 AM   #32
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

My family has had USC season tickets for over 25 years.

I've never seen them so happy

They say they are going to the Thursday game and shout and cheer like never before.

I went to the Utah game at home. Thank goodness I went out to dinner with husband, had 2 glasses of wine and fell asleep through the Arizona game this past Saturday. I thought my husband was kidding me the next morning. The score? What? No way! Then they fired him? Off the bus? Then Let's go out to dinner again and have some more wine to celebrate (give me a reason...any reason lol )

for Lame Kitten move on out!
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #33
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
I thought you guys were talking about Utah, as in University of Utah, but they lost Urban Meyer, not Kiffin.

The problem with Kiffin leaving is that some unsuspecting university with an up-and-coming football program will soon lose their coach when Southern Cal makes him an offer he can't refuse. USC has the $$$$$$$ (wealthy alumni boosters) and the prestige to hire most any coach they want. Too bad another team's football program is going to be as outraged as Tennessee.

And the team who loses their coach will probably "poach" a coach from another university - mid-season domino effect.
How much do you want to bet that they are approaching Saban?
(Speaking of coaches who have no issues with failing to honor contracts. If the pot is sweet enough, Saban will jump without a second thought.)
NotUrsula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #34
lovemygoofy
Man I shot myself in the foot
I got new moves and everything ready for some serious tips
No, in case you ever wondered, golf carts can't float
Loved by many!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotUrsula View Post
How much do you want to bet that they are approaching Saban?
(Speaking of coaches who have no issues with failing to honor contracts. If the pot is sweet enough, Saban will jump without a second thought.)
The rumor mills big in TX says the Longhorns are going "a courtin" for Saban and trying to pressure the current guy to retire and ride into the sunset.

I read Petrino had already interviewed with USC over the summer. Plenty roads and blondes for his motorcycle.

Love doesn't make the world go around, it makes the ride worthwhile...
lovemygoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #35
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDale79 View Post
You can't leave a school in a more classless way that Lane Kiffin left TN.
*sigh* I'm going to have to play the "My ex-coach is a bigger classless Poophead than your ex-coach" game. Wisconsin's coach Bret Bielema left the Badgers between the end of the regular season and the ROSE BOWL . In an effort to solidify her title as "Mrs Poophead" his wife Jen (also a hottie) tweeted "#karma" after the Badgers lost a heartbreaker to Arizona State due to terrible officiating.

The Sun Devils were involved in the Badger's loss and USC's loss and Kiffin's departure. They seem to be on quite the streak .
Old 10-01-2013, 08:43 PM   #36
ugadog99
Has been waiting patiently for a visit from the Tag Fairy and found that good things come to those who wait
Is on a hunt for the best Creme Brulee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecracker725 View Post
Couldn't have happened to a better guy.

I'm sure daddy will help him get another job he doesn't deserve.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #37
surfgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannot_Wait_4Disney View Post
Tennessee fans talk a good game of honor, integrity, and professionalism. However, Tennessee partisans weren't all that concerned with honor and professionalism when Tennessee canned Fulmer. All he ever did was bleed Orange and white. And as I recall, the firing of Majors that brought Fulmer to the head coaching job was handled terribly too. Thanks Johnny, you bleed orange and white and you've had heart surgery this year, but when you came back, you went 2-3. So you need to resign. Buh Bye. Where was the loyalty, honor, and integrity then? They didn't seem all that concerned with honor and integrity when Tennessee poached Dooley from La Tech or Johnson from Cincinnati either.

Every fan base has those that when a coach leaves gets all teary eyed and lash out like a jilted lover and they always question the guy's honor and integrity and name call blah blah blah. But they don't give a hoot about the honor and integrity thing when their school is poaching one from someone else. A college may can a coach at any moment, and a coach can leave for something better at any moment.

I'm no UT expert, but weren't there NCAA violations from Kiffin's one year there? So he came for a year... had NCAA violations... and left in the middle of the night?
surfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:34 AM   #38
asta
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfgirl View Post
I'm no UT expert, but weren't there NCAA violations from Kiffin's one year there? So he came for a year... had NCAA violations... and left in the middle of the night?
I don't know about NCAA violations but he did get into trouble with the SEC. There might have been recruitment allegations but I think those probably involved Ogerron. He has the reputation.
asta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:57 AM   #39
ten6mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb
The Sun Devils were involved in the Badger's loss and USC's loss and Kiffin's departure. They seem to be on quite the streak .
Go Devils!!! ;-)

Sent from the Death Star

ten6mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #40
firecracker725
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemygoofy View Post

The rumor mills big in TX says the Longhorns are going "a courtin" for Saban and trying to pressure the current guy to retire and ride into the sunset.

I read Petrino had already interviewed with USC over the summer. Plenty roads and blondes for his motorcycle.
No way Saban is leaving Bama, especially for the likes of Texas. Their conference is barely hanging on, and there isn't enough spotlight. I think he's with Bama for the long haul.

-------------
firecracker725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #41
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemygoofy View Post

Saban confirmed that they had approached him. Shows their arrogance, in my opinion, that they think he would leave Bama to start over in that disaster of a program. Anyway, Saban responded that he was "too damn old to start over."

We all know Mack is gone at the end of the year (unless he can pull out the impossible and beat OU this year). I'm hearing he is the front runner to take the AD's job.

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR* *2015 - CR*

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: