Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #16
karensi
Taking grandchildren to WDW will be a magical experience!

UT?? I thought you guys were talking about Undercover Tourist
Old 09-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #17
asta
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praying Colonel View Post
I'm a UK fan, so I take a back seat to no one in my disdain for the Volunteer program and all things orange. But IMHO there's one thing on which all right-thinking Americans can agree, UT fan or not: Lane Kiffin is a galactic poopooface (sorry, apparently my 1st choice of words was not up to standards--sorry mods), and it's fun to see galactic poopoofaces get what's coming to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firecracker725 View Post
Well said. I am a Mississippi State girl myself (pity me), but I still despise what Tuberville did to Ole Miss and was too happy to see him crash and burn at Auburn. Leave if you must, but be classy about it.
I appreciate the support. Whether you are a UT fan or not, there is just a wrong and dishonorable way to run your professional life. Coaches leave all of the time but not in the middle of the night and without respect to the young men you are supposed to be coaching. And you have to admit that it was funny that he got fired in the middle of the night after he deserted UT late at night.
asta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #18
Wishing on a star
DIS Veteran
Another proud Southerner!

Galactic PooPoo-face...

And, the person who is making a lame attempt to bring up jealosy...

Ummmmmm. NOT!!!!

Kiffen is a number one, first class, low class, low life, cocaiine-drug induced, narcissistic, Galactic PooPoo-face!

OMG, this is all just TOO funny!
Wishing on a star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:57 PM   #19
Praying Colonel
DIS Veteran

^Yeah, my first description ended up as a bunch of asterisks, so I decided to pick a pejorative that was more filter-friendly.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #20
pryncess527
DIS Veteran

I'm a Georgia fan with no love for UT, but the way Kiffin treated UT was just wrong and I couldn't help but chuckle when I heard about him getting slammed with a karma bus.
pryncess527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #21
Cannot_Wait_4Disney
Ok all you A cattle, get in the chute. Moooo. Moooo.
It has a kick. Otherwise, yummy yummy.
Onions rule!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal1982 View Post
Maybe he can go coach the Raiders again? They can't possibly do any worse than they are right now. lol
Da Raidas. Commitment to empty seats. And now that Coach Al Davis is gone, he might actually get to be the coach rather than coach in name only.

Last edited by Cannot_Wait_4Disney; 09-30-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Cannot_Wait_4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #22
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal1982 View Post
He's made more than enough money to retire and his wife is beyond HOT. I doubt he's crying. In fact, he's probably laughing all the way to the bank.
Quote:
I'm sorry, but there's no way that arrogant joker is laughing. He thinks much too highly of himself to be content to simply fade into the background. Also, it's likely that the money won't last very long with his extravagant lifestyle.
Thing is, if you make it to this level in the coaching world, it is because you are highly competitive and likely don't want to sit around going on vacations and the like. You want to be competing in some form or fashion. He will not "retire". He's going to look for another coaching job and will likely find one, though not at the level he was fired from.

Quote:
Well said. I am a Mississippi State girl myself (pity me), but I still despise what Tuberville did to Ole Miss and was too happy to see him crash and burn at Auburn. Leave if you must, but be classy about it.
So true. When Billy Gillispie left the Texas A&M basketball program and let his players know via text, I was done. Be an adult and face your players like a man.

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR* *2015 - CR*

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #23
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by karensi View Post
UT?? I thought you guys were talking about Undercover Tourist
I thought you guys were talking about Utah, as in University of Utah, but they lost Urban Meyer, not Kiffin.

The problem with Kiffin leaving is that some unsuspecting university with an up-and-coming football program will soon lose their coach when Southern Cal makes him an offer he can't refuse. USC has the $$$$$$$ (wealthy alumni boosters) and the prestige to hire most any coach they want. Too bad another team's football program is going to be as outraged as Tennessee.

And the team who loses their coach will probably "poach" a coach from another university - mid-season domino effect.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:52 PM   #24
Cannot_Wait_4Disney
Ok all you A cattle, get in the chute. Moooo. Moooo.
It has a kick. Otherwise, yummy yummy.
Onions rule!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asta View Post
I appreciate the support. Whether you are a UT fan or not, there is just a wrong and dishonorable way to run your professional life. Coaches leave all of the time but not in the middle of the night and without respect to the young men you are supposed to be coaching. And you have to admit that it was funny that he got fired in the middle of the night after he deserted UT late at night.
Tennessee fans talk a good game of honor, integrity, and professionalism. However, Tennessee partisans weren't all that concerned with honor and professionalism when Tennessee canned Fulmer. All he ever did was bleed Orange and white. And as I recall, the firing of Majors that brought Fulmer to the head coaching job was handled terribly too. Thanks Johnny, you bleed orange and white and you've had heart surgery this year, but when you came back, you went 2-3. So you need to resign. Buh Bye. Where was the loyalty, honor, and integrity then? They didn't seem all that concerned with honor and integrity when Tennessee poached Dooley from La Tech or Johnson from Cincinnati either.

Every fan base has those that when a coach leaves gets all teary eyed and lash out like a jilted lover and they always question the guy's honor and integrity and name call blah blah blah. But they don't give a hoot about the honor and integrity thing when their school is poaching one from someone else. A college may can a coach at any moment, and a coach can leave for something better at any moment.

The same thing happens in recruiting. I remember when a kid decommitted from Notre Dame, their coach and many of their fans were all over the kid about honor and integrity. Yet I didn't hear a peep from any of them about the honor and integrity of the two kids their coach poached from other schools, nor a peep about the honor and integrity of Notre Dame's coach for doing so.
Cannot_Wait_4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:55 PM   #25
ChipnDale79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
I thought you guys were talking about Utah, as in University of Utah, but they lost Urban Meyer, not Kiffin.

The problem with Kiffin leaving is that some unsuspecting university with an up-and-coming football program will soon lose their coach when Southern Cal makes him an offer he can't refuse. USC has the $$$$$$$ (wealthy alumni boosters) and the prestige to hire most any coach they want. Too bad another team's football program is going to be as outraged as Tennessee.

And the team who loses their coach will probably "poach" a coach from another university - mid-season domino effect.
Ehh, that's college football, that's the way it works. But there's a classy way, and then there's the Kiffin way. Kiffin tossed aside a football program in the middle of the night that many coaches would die to coach for.

You can't leave a school in a more classless way that Lane Kiffin left TN.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:12 PM   #26
CPT Tripss
DIS Veteran

It's just the same old crap that is the cesspool of big time D1 revenue sports.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:25 PM   #27
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

SEC & Vol fan here!

Rocky Top is also my home!

And, yes, I laughed when I heard that Lane Kiffin had been fired from USC.

Like others have said, there's a classy way to leave & then there's the way Kiffin left UT.

And, just to add since it was brought up - even being a Vol fan, I really disliked the way Phil Fulmer was treated by UT. I'm not sure there's been anyone that has been more loyal to a football program as Phil Fulmer was (& continues to be) to UT, & he was not treated well. Even after he was let go, he continues to support the program. I think just last week, he came in & talked to the team. I'd love to see Fulmer as UT's Athletic Director.

(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 13 years) (DS, 5 years)
Wendy31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #28
bcla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by asta View Post
I'm a Cal fan. We had an awesome recruiter - a D-line coach who apparently had a real gift for recruiting. He was a former player at Cal and lived, breathed, slept his alma mater. He just lined up an incredible incoming class that might save the head coach, including the consensus top recruit in the country. Then the University of Washington offered him a boatload of money. While he was on a recruiting trip paid by Cal, he was apparently asking his top target (someone who had committed) if he'd join him at his new employer. He apparently left in the middle of the night, and cleaned out his desk while nobody was in. He then left a voicemail with the head coach telling him that he had taken a new job. It also wasn't that he left, but that he deliberately did so close to the signing date. He'd also turned down the new job before and reassured his head coach he wouldn't leave, at which point his head coach worked to get him a raise.

Apparently he got two players to switch commitments to UW.

Cal football loses ace recruiter to Washington
http://www.sfgate.com/collegesports/...on-2575735.php
bcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #29
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDale79

Ehh, that's college football, that's the way it works. But there's a classy way, and then there's the Kiffin way. Kiffin tossed aside a football program in the middle of the night that many coaches would die to coach for.

You can't leave a school in a more classless way that Lane Kiffin left TN.
Well said. Kiffin is in no way a class act. Karma caught up with him. Sounds more than fair to me.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:43 PM   #30
arminnie
Tossed the butter kept the gin
I had to save it for "special" occasions (like when no one I knew would see me)

I think Bobby Petrino might be a good fit at USC.

He's a POS but USC isn't exactly a bastion of ethics.

USC filed an official complaint of illegal recruiting by Stanford because:

"Stanford promised an education"

OMG - how unfair is that?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: