Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2013, 01:55 PM   #1
silkie8
Mouseketeer

Logistics for Aqua Duck

I am another newbie to the Forum. I am taking my niece and her 5-year old daughter on the Disney Dream in February 2014. Niece and I are Over the Moon --- the little one doesn't know about the trip yet.

I have learned so much on this Forum that I feel like I already took the cruise!!

But I know I will have many questions....first one is: do I have the logistics corrent for riding Aqua Duck on Embarkation Day??

Go to deck 12 with carryons.
Change to bathing suits, if not wearing already under clothes.
You will take stairs up to deck 16 to start the ride.
The ride will end at deck 12, where we pick up our carryons, shoes, etc.
silkie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
Postal68
DIS Veteran

you get off the Aquaduck basically at the stairs that take you up to get on it. There is only a one deck difference
Postal68 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #3
Heyriddle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkie8 View Post
I am another newbie to the Forum. I am taking my niece and her 5-year old daughter on the Disney Dream in February 2014. Niece and I are Over the Moon --- the little one doesn't know about the trip yet. I have learned so much on this Forum that I feel like I already took the cruise!! But I know I will have many questions....first one is: do I have the logistics corrent for riding Aqua Duck on Embarkation Day?? Go to deck 12 with carryons. Change to bathing suits, if not wearing already under clothes. You will take stairs up to deck 16 to start the ride. The ride will end at deck 12, where we pick up our carryons, shoes, etc.
Why would you have 12 carryons? You check your bags with the porter when you arrive to port. If you are bringing beverages, you need to keep that with you.

2005 Disney Magic Mexican Riviera 7-Night
2008 Disney Wonder Bahamas Double Dip 4-Night
2011 Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 7-Night
2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 7-Night
Heyriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #4
kapoof
DIS Veteran

I would recommend an early boarding time...we got to the port around 1:00 from the dcl bus. The pool area was so packed and crazy we weren't able to even think about the aqua duck!

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:43 PM   #5
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyriddle View Post
Why would you have 12 carryons? You check your bags with the porter when you arrive to port. If you are bringing beverages, you need to keep that with you.
OP is going to Deck 12, not taking 12 carry-ons.

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #6
Heyriddle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
OP is going to Deck 12, not taking 12 carry-ons.
Oops...haha. I really need to learn to read.

2005 Disney Magic Mexican Riviera 7-Night
2008 Disney Wonder Bahamas Double Dip 4-Night
2011 Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 7-Night
2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 7-Night
Heyriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #7
cinlo
Earning My Ears

The exit of the Aqua Duck is basically under the start, you climb stairs to enter the ride. There are some cubbyholes to put items in like shoes, etc, not big enough for carry ons. You could find a lounger near the exit and put your stuff there.
cinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #8
silkie8
Mouseketeer

Thanks for your responses. No - we sure won't have 12 carry-ons!!! :-)

I have the system down now.

And yes, definitely we will try for an early PAT. I've read other threads where experienced Disney cruisers don't want "down time" when they get on the ship, I can understand that --- but we ----this being our First Disney Cruise---- will enjoy walking around just taking everything in.

Aqua Duck is first on "our list".
Old 09-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #9
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

we had an early PAT (i think 11:00?) so were one of the first to board and first in line for the Aqua duck. I agree, by 12-1:00 it was packed so get there as early as possible.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
TJDisneymama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #10
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

We got on around 11:45, went to lunch and then did the AquaDuck. By 12:30, we had eaten and rode the duck multiple times. I would definitely suggest you go to lunch FIRST because you'd have to change again if you get wet first.

Sent from my IPad using DisBoards.
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #11
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Just an alternative thought...we didn't even try for the AquaDuck on embarkation day. We also were new to cruising and the DCL ships, so didn't mind "taking in the sights" and eating lunch was a priority for us. Even with an early PAT, by the time we did all that, the line was long. But if you stay onboard at Nassau, or only get off for a bit, the pools are virtually empty and AquaDuck line is hardly a line until mid-afternoon. Lots of time to ride without standing in lines a lot.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:20 PM   #12
morvarm
Earning My Ears

We recently took a 3 night cruise on the dream. On the last night of the cruise we rode the aqua duck so many times! Basically we were the only family riding it. Everyone else was either at late dining, show, or packing to go home. I felt like we were able to relax. We also packed light so on the last day we carried off our luggage ourselves. It was much nicer than having to pack up and have the luggage outside the room by 10:30.
morvarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #13
Weedy
DIS Veteran

wrong post
Weedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:01 PM   #14
bridgetmck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post
Just an alternative thought...we didn't even try for the AquaDuck on embarkation day. We also were new to cruising and the DCL ships, so didn't mind "taking in the sights" and eating lunch was a priority for us. Even with an early PAT, by the time we did all that, the line was long. But if you stay onboard at Nassau, or only get off for a bit, the pools are virtually empty and AquaDuck line is hardly a line until mid-afternoon. Lots of time to ride without standing in lines a lot. Enjoy your cruise!
We will also be first timers in Feb to Bahamas and this is exactly what we were thinking of doing. I'm sure that we won't be arriving until 1-1:30 because we will be flying in that morning. There's nothing really of interest in Nassau, for us anyway. Plus, we are saving funds for our August cruise. This one is strictly for R&R and to have some fun in the sun!
Enjoy your cruise! When are you going?

2014: February aboard the Dream
2013: October at the Beach Club Resort
2011: May at the Polynesian
bridgetmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:22 PM   #15
silkie8
Mouseketeer

Thanks to suggestions on this site, decided to get as early as PAT as I can. Then --- get to Cabanas when it opens for lunch. And THEN - ride the duck. I have Promised our 5-year-old that we will do this.

We also plan to stay on ship on Nassau day. To explore, to enjoy, to relax.

We are sailing on the Dream on February 16, 2014. Woo-Hoo!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: