Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #31
TwinDisneyFans
Earning My Ears

I just got off the phone with them again. We are 13 days from arrival and we are still in the queue to be fixed, but she told me to plan on it not being fixed until we arrive. She assured me that we will be able to get the FP+ selections we want with the help of CM if nec.

I'm trying to let it go. Easier said than done, but really it's all I can do and in the end WE ARE GOING TO WDW so it will all be good no matter what!

GL out there getting it fixed. I bet if you travel after Oct it will all be fixed by then.
TwinDisneyFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #32
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

Just got off the phone with them & they had to open a ticket for me.
  • Checking in to BLT Nov 23
  • Was able to order/customize Magic Bands
  • MY AP (new RFID card) comes up no problem (and I am able to select FP+)
  • Unable to link DH, DS19 & DS16 AP's (RFID cards) which means I can't get them FP+
  • They can see the other AP's linked to my email address but evidently I have a mystery account out there where the log in has a capital letter in it while I always use all lower case
  • They said they just have to merge the two but didn't give me a time frame, just said I'd receive an email notice once complete

MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2013, 05:33 PM   #33
poohbear13
Yoda, Jedi Master

we check in 11/11 and we had missing people, wrong amount of fast pass + reservations and missing room reservation and IT fixed it after my 2nd call. It did take about 12 hours for it all to show up on MDE.

2006 Aug.~ CBR 2009 July ~ CBR 2011 July~ POR
2011 Dec. ~ POR 2012 Dec. ~ CSR
2013 Nov. ~ CBR 2015 Jan. ~ POR

poohbear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #34
PrincessMommy09
Earning My Ears

I called 9/20 and spent an hour on the phone with IT because 2 members of my party weren't showing up as fp+ eligible. I was told it would take about 2 weeks to fix. I got an email yesterday that the problem was fixed, but it wasn't. They were able to get my mom added to fp+ system and copy our existing fp+ to her, but they didn't fix my dd1. I emailed back yesterday and was told it should take less than 24 hours to fix. It's just over 24 hours now, and still not working. My checkin date is 10/18.
PrincessMommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #35
TammyC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwep View Post
First reported our UT linking issue to IT on September 19. Our check-in date is November 5. Checked today, and all tickets appearing under "My Reservations". I haven't tried FP+ yet, but just from the reservations page, my issue appears to be corrected. 12 days total if you include the date of the first call.

MagicBands are there and personalized as well, with 6 days left to make changes (don't think this is related, but putting it here just in case).
Congratulations on your fix! Waiting can be so hard.

I think I am now doubting their process of fixing by check in date somewhat. My problem was reported on Sept 3rd with a late October check in and I am still waiting. I have seen a few November check ins that are fixed already, so wondering if I need to call again??

Tammy
Feb 2000 - CSR
Dec 2003 - Swan
Nov 2004 - AKL
May 2005 - Disney Wonder
Nov 2005 - POFQ
May 2006 - WL, Dolphin
Jan 2007 - Swan
Aug 2008 - Swan
Aug 2010 - AKL, Boardwalk Villas
Aug 2012 - Boardwalk Villas
Oct 2013 - BC
TammyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #36
vtwep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyC View Post
Congratulations on your fix! Waiting can be so hard.

I think I am now doubting their process of fixing by check in date somewhat. My problem was reported on Sept 3rd with a late October check in and I am still waiting. I have seen a few November check ins that are fixed already, so wondering if I need to call again??

Tammy
Thanks! I had convinced myself to remain patient. I was anxious of course, but had accepted the fact that it could take a while. Today was a pleasant surprise!

I called three times in total. The initial reporting and then twice after. The last time I called, I called this number (below). I honestly have no idea if it gets you to anyone different or not. The CM on each call was friendly and wanted to help. But the third one seemed to be more on top of this issue (more familiar with it?) and sounded very confident as she reviewed the notes/case and told me it was escalated. That may have nothing to do with it, but my final call was to:

MM+ Test Team: 407-939-7849

4 days later, I saw the correction. And I've tested FP+ and all seems to be working.

Good luck!

Previous Trips:
Early '80s - not much recollection!
1992 - Offsite Stay
Mar 1995 - Offsite Stay
Nov 2007 - Yacht Club / Water View Room 3047
Dec 2008 - Grand Floridian / MK View, Sago Cay Room 5440
Dec 2009 - Polynesian / MK View, Tahiti Room 3021
Oct 2010 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Tower 1, Room 627
Nov 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Tower 4, EPCOT view
Nov 2013 - Boardwalk Inn / Boardwalk View Room 3241
vtwep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:53 PM   #37
mikeeymike
Bringing Some Disney Magic to my Family!!

[QUOTE="vtwep;49709413"] Thanks! I had convinced myself to remain patient. I was anxious of course, but had accepted the fact that it could take a while. Today was a pleasant surprise! I called three times in total. The initial reporting and then twice after. The last time I called, I called this number (below). I honestly have no idea if it gets you to anyone different or not. The CM on each call was friendly and wanted to help. But the third one seemed to be more on top of this issue (more familiar with it?) and sounded very confident as she reviewed the notes/case and told me it was escalated. That may have nothing to do with it, but my final call was to: MM+ Test Team: 407-939-7849 4 days later, I saw the correction. And I've tested FP+ and all seems to be working. Good luck![/QUOTE

May I ask when your arrival date is? I'm still waiting for mine to be fixed and I arrive on Nov 4

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Next Disney Family Adventure: Nov 4-13, 2013 - DD#1 5 yrs DD#2 3 yrs - Pop Century Resort

2011 - Disneyland, family trip in December. DD#1 3 yrs, DD#2 1 yr, Park Vue Inn
2010 - Disneyland, family trip in August. DD#1 2 yrs DD#2 5 mths - stayed at Hojo Anaheim
2002 - Disneyland. Me + GF (now Wife) - stayed at the Westcoast Anaheim Hotel (now Sheraton Park Hotel)
1999 - Walt Disney World (April) with friends, stayed offsite
mikeeymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:39 AM   #38
TwinDisneyFans
Earning My Ears

Mine was fixed last night for all four of us checking in on the first night. We have a split stay and my mom is joining us the next day. Her ticket is NOT fixed. So I contacted them again about getting her ticket linked.

At least progress has been made and I can do FP for all 4 of us. I'm hoping they can just copy it over to her when we get it fixed.
TwinDisneyFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:49 AM   #39
mikeeymike
Bringing Some Disney Magic to my Family!!

fixed..finally yay

My first call was on September 8th. Three calls and an email after. Today, I called 407-939-7849 and magically within the hour, they fixed my UT ticket linking issue. On the phone, the CM said the fix will be done based on arrival date but she also said that because she spoke to the higher department, that my ticket would get their attention. And it did!!!

Next Disney Family Adventure: Nov 4-13, 2013 - DD#1 5 yrs DD#2 3 yrs - Pop Century Resort

2011 - Disneyland, family trip in December. DD#1 3 yrs, DD#2 1 yr, Park Vue Inn
2010 - Disneyland, family trip in August. DD#1 2 yrs DD#2 5 mths - stayed at Hojo Anaheim
2002 - Disneyland. Me + GF (now Wife) - stayed at the Westcoast Anaheim Hotel (now Sheraton Park Hotel)
1999 - Walt Disney World (April) with friends, stayed offsite
mikeeymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #40
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeeymike View Post
My first call was on September 8th. Three calls and an email after. Today, I called 407-939-7849 and magically within the hour, they fixed my UT ticket linking issue. On the phone, the CM said the fix will be done based on arrival date but she also said that because she spoke to the higher department, that my ticket would get their attention. And it did!!!
True on you need to make sure your trouble was logged and there is a ticket opened and pushed to the other fix IT team..
Old 10-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #41
vtwep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great! I just saw your previous question - we check in Nov 5. Perhaps that number you called is the "trick" to this issue. Mine was fixed 4 days after calling that number and the CM made similar comments to what you got.

Previous Trips:
Early '80s - not much recollection!
1992 - Offsite Stay
Mar 1995 - Offsite Stay
Nov 2007 - Yacht Club / Water View Room 3047
Dec 2008 - Grand Floridian / MK View, Sago Cay Room 5440
Dec 2009 - Polynesian / MK View, Tahiti Room 3021
Oct 2010 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Tower 1, Room 627
Nov 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Tower 4, EPCOT view
Nov 2013 - Boardwalk Inn / Boardwalk View Room 3241
vtwep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #42
bruhl1j
Earning My Ears

Email address/PAP/MDE

I am going around Thanksgiving. Family of 4 - DW, DS18, DS17. We have PAP via DVC. I added my PAP last May. They started linking but my FP+ was not working. I spoke with a IT CM who was not much help. I had a screen full of FP+ reservations. This may help others. Under profile and family members, write down email address. Get each member of the family to create an account in MDE. Once I did that, I could link and change FP+ etc.

Under my profile, I sent a share request to each member. Once they signed on an accepted, everything seems to work better.

Good luck.
bruhl1j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #43
minie_meese
DIS Veteran

We check in next Wednesday, Oct 9 for 7 nights. Our issues are still not all resolved and I'm guessing may not all be before we leave. If we get to use FP+ for everyone that will be great. The world won't end and our vacation will not be destroyed if our magic bands don't work 100%. I'm not stressed and I'm sure we'll have a great time.

We had a very complicated reservation. I started putting things into MDE at least 2 months ago. We have 9 people in 2 DVC rooms arriving on different dates. 2 people have DVC annual pass vouchers, 4 people have tickets purchased through Disney and 3 have Undercover tourist tickets. We have 6 different dining reservations and only one has everyone on it. Because of the way the different systems (DVC, disneyworld.com, etc) operate I had 3 different log in ids (one for DVC, one old id that was not an email address and id that was an email address). All 3 ids were connected to the same email address and each id had part of the reservation details. This caused all kinds of problems. Tip - if you have more than 1 id connected to a single email address do not use both! Over the years, the different Disney systems have operated fairly independently, like stovepipes. MDE is trying to bring everything together and it is causing problems. I've dealt with DVC IT and MDE IT many more times than I would have preferred to, the longest call was over an hour. The 2 people I spoke with tried very hard to solve the problems (unlinked tickets, missing reservations, inability to create fast passes for everyone). I think the resolution for one problem ended up causing other problems. They finally did get things moved under one id which helped address a number of the issues. These first line people do not understand the detail inner-workings of the systems nor should they, they should be experts at understanding how to make the system work. They all had training but the system is very complicated, it is new and changes are being made every day so they are also learning as the go along. I've managed IT groups so I know what they are dealing with. I guarantee they are getting a lot of experience fixing problems. They have very thankless jobs and I'm sure they get a lot of grief. I don't fault the callers either. It is very frustrating dealing with issues that just don't seem to get resolved. I will say that the people I have talked to have tried very hard, have made progress and have called me or emailed me a number of times to give me detailed status updates. They have always been courteous and professional. There were problems they could not resolve that needed to be elevated. When the first set of problems was elevated (about 7 weeks ago) I was told the ticket would get put in a queue and resolved in order of arrival date. The guess I was given was a few weeks. I'm sure it was just a guess. It has taken over 4 weeks and someone is actively working on the problems. I am sure there were a lot more issues than they anticipated.

As of today we have 7 of the 9 park passes linked correctly and all 4 of the MNSSHP tickets linked. 3 of the 9 Magic Bands had to be re-ordered and shipment expedited. We should get them in a day or 2. Two of these were children whose tickets had to be relinked under other ids. The 3rd has to do with a corrupted log-in id. All of our dining and resort reservations are now linked. The 2 tickets that are not linking did not come from the same place, 1 came directly from Disney and the other was UT. The UT one was originally linked but it was under my son's online id that is now corrupted. The same day his avatar got changed (by him), his id became corrupted and the ticket is no longer accessible. That may be the root cause of the problem, or maybe it's something else entirely. I will probably never know. Disney IT's next level of support cannot get his ticket linked to a magic band. The first level of IT support has been able to create fast passes for everyone, even those with no tickets linked. The downside is that we will not be able to change the fast passes online for people without linked tickets. Changes not linked to tickets need to get changed at Guest Services.

It will all get resolved before we go, or it won't and it will be fine. We have tickets, room reservations and dining reservations, and probably FP+ reservations linked to magic bands but we will carry our regular tickets with us and all of our reservations. I think the system will be great once they get the problems ironed out. I wish the problems were ironed out before I had to deal with them but I agreed to be part of testing.I could have decided otherwise. As I said, we will have a great time no matter what happens. I am not going to get stressed about it. It's not worth it. When we return in February I'm sure it will be a different experience.

Our next trips - Grand Floridian for Food and Wine Festival 10/8-14/14, and Norway and Iceland on the Wonder 6/29-7/10/15
minie_meese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #44
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

We can only make 7 days of FP+ reservation, despite having Premium AP's linked to our account and a much longer WDW vacation.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #45
houseofmouse5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I called the number you did and am on hold. This is the first time using this phone number, maybe it is the answer to my problems??? I hope I have the same luck as you, my wait time is supposed to be 11 minutes, we will see... I really don't care how long it takes if it gets my problem resolved

Update:

Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh, I can't believe this. I called the number above and magically my ticket issue is being resolved TODAY!!! I waited for about 20 minutes spoke to a wonderful CM and she connected me with another wonderful CM, Bernadine, who said my tickets will be linked today. I logged out of MDE so as not to cause any problems or delays and 15 minutes later I checked MDE and found 3 of our 5 tickets linked, I am assuming she is not finished and will check back in another 15 minutes and hopefully the other 2 will be there! I am beyond words excited. I thought I was doing something else today but now I will be making FP+ choices!!!
As a side note Bernadine said IT just got access to be able to do this so quickly. I wanted to ask what took them so long but I am just too excited.

Last edited by houseofmouse5; 10-01-2013 at 11:17 AM. Reason: update
houseofmouse5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: