Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #16
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by linznjody View Post
Tell me about it! It only took 3 or 4 calls to IT to get it "elevated" so something would get done! In the end, DH's magic band never did work with his ticket. He had to use the plastic ticket to get in the park. Since it was linked somehow, though, all the fp+ selections worked, and he could use it for everything else. Just not to get in the park.
This was a UT card?
Old 09-29-2013, 08:42 PM   #17
pigletto
DIS Veteran

I can't link my tickets that are on KTTW cards from last February. When I try it tells me they are already assigned to another account. I've called a few times and sent an email. The last call someone sent my problem to another department, said it would fixed in approximately one week and that I would receive an email when it was done. She also said that they were doing it in order of priority for check in and we aren't leaving until December 13th.

Anyway.. it's been 2.5 weeks already. When she took the numbers off the KTTW cards, she only took the one line of numbers. These KTTW cards have 3 different sets of numbers on them and I'm kind of worried she didn't take the right ones. She even said she didn't know which set of numbers she needed, which makes me think she should have taken all of them.. but she didn't.
I just have visions of waiting until December only to find out that they tried to fix the issue and manually enter them, but didn't have the right numbers.
So, given that she told me a week, and it's been 2.5, I will wait until the 3 week mark and check on the status of my issue.
I don't want to be a pest, but I would like to know if they need more info from me.
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #18
linznjody
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickpiteo View Post
This was a UT card?
Yes. We tried twice to get it fixed (once at MK, once at HS) and just gave up after getting to HS at rope drop only to spend 30 min working this out. He just knew to use the plastic ticket to get in and the magic band for everything else.
linznjody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:00 PM   #19
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by linznjody View Post
Yes. We tried twice to get it fixed (once at MK, once at HS) and just gave up after getting to HS at rope drop only to spend 30 min working this out. He just knew to use the plastic ticket to get in and the magic band for everything else.
Me I had 2 cards that were half linked seems that was most of the UT card problems.. Took them over 3 weeks to fix I am out 25 day.. Tickets always showed up in cards just not reservation thus couldn't do FP+ till they just fixed it...
Old 09-29-2013, 09:02 PM   #20
Scubee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Nice glad to see you got fixed able to make FP+
Plenty of good choices left I would guess?
Yes. I can only speak to MK and EP though (it's a long weekend trip for DW and I and aren't going to DHS or AK), but I was able to get exactly what I wanted. For example, got Soarin for 9-10a and TT for 10-11a so we could spend most of the day in the WS. Lots of times to pick from. Had Wishes and MSEP available as well but opted for other attractions.
Scubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #21
Hisgirl
DIS Veteran

I'm doing the same song and dance as so many.

UT tickets...linked to magic band but not showing up in tickets, hence, I can't make FP selections.

We check in 3 weeks from today, on Oct. 20th. When I last called to IT (my 4th call?) I explained that due to hosting my parents in their 80s on their first trip ever to WDW, I was ultra nervous about their chance to see Soarin', since they are only going to be able to stay in the parks a very limited amount of time each day.

The IT I spoke to, very kindly went into the system and made us FP+ ressies for Soarin when I wanted it.... just like that! I'm still waiting for the overall fix, but the one thing I cared about was taken care of. Can someone say Pixie Dust?
Old 09-29-2013, 09:19 PM   #22
houseofmouse5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Do you have the infamous UT ticket linking issue?

If so they can fix it though it's one by one,..

Took them 3 weeks to fixe me at 25 days out..
I check in 10/23.. I found out I was fixed Friday when I did my daily md check. I got am email today from Disney IT telling me I was fixed and they were sorry..

If they have a ticket logged should be ok and yea it seems that they ate getting them by your check in date and when you called..

I made my FP+ selections yesterday for 5 days there were plenty of choices even got wishes and fantasmic.. So hang in there.. If I didn't get fixed I would have address it when I got there and made my FP + then. Good luck let me know if you have any other questions..
Yes, we have the infamous UT ticket issue.
The first time I called the CM said it would take at the most a week. I followed up with a call 3 days later to make sure of the time frame and the second CM said to expect 3 weeks. I checked at 2 weeks to see if they could tell me what date they were working on she said the beginning of Oct. Well we are 43 days away and of course I am a bit anxious since I am hearing about all these people making FP+ choices but after hearing from some of you that you didn't have trouble getting what you wanted I feel better. I just check each day to see if I have a surprise waiting for me in the reservation section of MDE
houseofmouse5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:21 PM   #23
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofmouse5 View Post
Yes, we have the infamous UT ticket issue. The first time I called the CM said it would take at the most a week. I followed up with a call 3 days later to make sure of the time frame and the second CM said to expect 3 weeks. I checked at 2 weeks to see if they could tell me what date they were working on she said the beginning of Oct. Well we are 43 days away and of course I am a bit anxious since I am hearing about all these people making FP+ choices but after hearing from some of you that you didn't have trouble getting what you wanted I feel better. I just check each day to see if I have a surprise waiting for me in the reservation section of MDE
IMHO you will be fixed in enough time to make your FP + with good choices ...:
Old 09-29-2013, 09:24 PM   #24
houseofmouse5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisgirl View Post
I'm doing the same song and dance as so many.

UT tickets...linked to magic band but not showing up in tickets, hence, I can't make FP selections.

We check in 3 weeks from today, on Oct. 20th. When I last called to IT (my 4th call?) I explained that due to hosting my parents in their 80s on their first trip ever to WDW, I was ultra nervous about their chance to see Soarin', since they are only going to be able to stay in the parks a very limited amount of time each day.

The IT I spoke to, very kindly went into the system and made us FP+ ressies for Soarin when I wanted it.... just like that! I'm still waiting for the overall fix, but the one thing I cared about was taken care of. Can someone say Pixie Dust?
Oh that is great. At least you have the peace of knowing that is taken care of, now hopefully soon when you log in to MDE you will have your tickets linked and you will be able to make the rest of your FP+ choices. Since your arrival is Oct 20 I would think and hope that your issue will be resolved any day now!
houseofmouse5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:12 PM   #25
tkbbmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
I can't link my tickets that are on KTTW cards from last February. When I try it tells me they are already assigned to another account. I've called a few times and sent an email. The last call someone sent my problem to another department, said it would fixed in approximately one week and that I would receive an email when it was done. She also said that they were doing it in order of priority for check in and we aren't leaving until December 13th.

Anyway.. it's been 2.5 weeks already. When she took the numbers off the KTTW cards, she only took the one line of numbers. These KTTW cards have 3 different sets of numbers on them and I'm kind of worried she didn't take the right ones. She even said she didn't know which set of numbers she needed, which makes me think she should have taken all of them.. but she didn't.
I just have visions of waiting until December only to find out that they tried to fix the issue and manually enter them, but didn't have the right numbers.
So, given that she told me a week, and it's been 2.5, I will wait until the 3 week mark and check on the status of my issue.
I don't want to be a pest, but I would like to know if they need more info from me.

You might want to call back. There are five in our family going (Nov. 12-22) but under the tickets section on MDE it had each family member listed between 1-5 times for 10 day park hopper/more tickets. I called bec I was concerned about how that would affect getting MB's etc. After a long time on the phone I was told it would be fixed by someone the next day and it would show up within 2 days -- 2 weeks later it still wasn't fixed. I was frustrated bec w/ it showing that way it wouldn't let me do on-line check in either. When I called back they had no record of my call but it took less than 2 hours for them to fix the problem. Then I immediately did on-line check in and w/in a couple hours had it show up for MB and FP+ options.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #26
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbbmom View Post
You might want to call back. There are five in our family going (Nov. 12-22) but under the tickets section on MDE it had each family member listed between 1-5 times for 10 day park hopper/more tickets. I called bec I was concerned about how that would affect getting MB's etc. After a long time on the phone I was told it would be fixed by someone the next day and it would show up within 2 days -- 2 weeks later it still wasn't fixed. I was frustrated bec w/ it showing that way it wouldn't let me do on-line check in either. When I called back they had no record of my call but it took less than 2 hours for them to fix the problem. Then I immediately did on-line check in and w/in a couple hours had it show up for MB and FP+ options.
Thank you. I tried to link them again today (I figured what the heck.. it can't get more messed up).

Now it says something different than before. Before it would say they were already associated with an account and to call. NOW it says "You have already converted this to a paperless ticket or pass." Except there is still nothing showing as added in my account. All I see anywhere is our MVMCP tickets.

So it's a good sign that they are working on it or a bad sign that they say there's nothing on those KTTW cards but I still can't see them in my account.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #27
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Our check in date is Nov. 30. Problem arose on Aug. 26. It took three weeks to fix with me calling every few days.

May 2014 (BLT), Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #28
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Took them 3 weeks to fixe me at 25 days out..
I check in 10/23.. I found out I was fixed Friday when I did my daily md check. I got am email today from Disney IT telling me I was fixed and they were sorry...
we go in Dec -- do you think i should make this call today-- or wait til they fix the issue themselves?

my 60 days is coming on October 7th
Old 09-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #29
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
we go in Dec -- do you think i should make this call today-- or wait til they fix the issue themselves? my 60 days is coming on October 7th
I would at least make sure that they have your issue logged in with a ticket. After that I wait at least 2-3 weeks. Being they are working on oct and nov arrival dates...
Old 09-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #30
vtwep
DIS Veteran

First reported our UT linking issue to IT on September 19. Our check-in date is November 5. Checked today, and all tickets appearing under "My Reservations". I haven't tried FP+ yet, but just from the reservations page, my issue appears to be corrected. 12 days total if you include the date of the first call.

MagicBands are there and personalized as well, with 6 days left to make changes (don't think this is related, but putting it here just in case).

Previous Trips:
Early '80s - not much recollection!
1992 - Offsite Stay
Mar 1995 - Offsite Stay
Nov 2007 - Yacht Club / Water View Room 3047
Dec 2008 - Grand Floridian / MK View, Sago Cay Room 5440
Dec 2009 - Polynesian / MK View, Tahiti Room 3021
Oct 2010 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Tower 1, Room 627
Nov 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Tower 4, EPCOT view
Nov 2013 - Boardwalk Inn / Boardwalk View Room 3241
vtwep is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread