Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #121
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBear View Post
I don't like those Geranimals or whatever they call themselves, but they finished before the beards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn11 View Post
We can't stand the "Afghanimals" and Marie.
That's interesting. I really like them. They are goofy & happy go lucky and they make me laugh. To each their own, I guess!
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #122
Angelhalo
Ok I was like crap I'm breaking rules and I'm gonna get points and I didn't even know I was breaking rules!!! LOL!!!

Quote:
DW and I are liking the Oklahoma boys and the ER doctors, but Jason and Amy and the baseball wives are all right as well. We can't stand the "Afghanimals" and Marie. the nhl ice girls are okay, they just hitched their wagon to an annoying team, so maybe if the aghanimals leave, we can root for them. unfortunately i agree, the most fun teams are gone already
I know you!

We liked Oklahoma alright until last night. When he said wearing the dress was humiliating we both looked at each other and said, "Why? Is being a woman humiliating in some way?"

We agree that the Afghanimals are completely obnoxious.
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2013, 07:57 AM   #123
KAMLEM
DIS Veteran
Likes her little penguin.
Tried to pay for lunch with WHAT?
Always remember - sticky side DOWN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelhalo View Post
We liked Oklahoma alright until last night. When he said wearing the dress was humiliating we both looked at each other and said, "Why? Is being a woman humiliating in some way?"
You really can't understand why a young guy would be embarrassed to be wearing that dress? I don't think he was saying it was humiliating to be a woman, it was humiliating for him to be wearing a dress. I certainly wouldn't hold it against him.
KAMLEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:07 AM   #124
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMLEM View Post
You really can't understand why a young guy would be embarrassed to be wearing that dress? I don't think he was saying it was humiliating to be a woman, it was humiliating for him to be wearing a dress. I certainly wouldn't hold it against him.
It's a macho thing, I understand completely.
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #125
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelbug24 View Post
It's a macho thing, I understand completely.
I know, right? His fears were not unfounded ... The cabbie nearly fell over laughing at him.

I really don't get the Afghanimal hate. I think they are smart, cute, funny and they work well together, IRL they have business degrees and one of them owns his own business. Can someone explain how they are obnoxious? Maybe I've missed something.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #126
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I really don't get the Afghanimal hate. I think they are smart, cute, funny and they work well together, IRL they have business degrees and one of them owns his own business. Can someone explain how they are obnoxious? Maybe I've missed something.
The first night, I thought if I have to listen to the incessant yipping or yelping or whatever they were doing, I was not going to like them. But now I totally agree with you. They are smart, cute, funny and work well together.
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #127
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know, right? His fears were not unfounded ... The cabbie nearly fell over laughing at him.

I can't explain it. At first I thought too loud, try too hard to be outrageous? But that isn't it. I have liked plenty of loud, over-the-top teams before. Brooke and Clair, those pink-haired goths, the twinnies come to mind as past favorites. I thought I would like the afghanimals and I definitely don't hate them, but I do find them annoying for some reason. Most of the teams this season are really underwhelming to me. No one to root for or even against.
Resort stays: DLR Grand Californian Jan 2011, HKDL Hollywood Hotel July 2011, WDW Wilderness Lodge Jan 2012, DLR Paradise Pier and MNSSHP Oct 2012, AKL Jan 2013, HKDL Hotel and Halloween party Oct 2013

2014 Book Challenge 19/30 read
1. David and Goliath 2. The Eye of the World 3. A Firing Offense 4. Fire from Heaven 5. The Gordonston Ladies Dog Walking Club 6. Orphan Train 7. A Most Peculiar Malaysian Murder 8. The Rosie Project 9. The New Centurions 10. The Black Echo 11. The Hall of Elders Crossing 12. Secrets of the Tudor Court 13. Al Capp 14. The Witch Doctor's Wife 15. The Headhunter's Daughter 16. The Yard 17. The Dinner 18. The Magicians 19. The All-Girls Filling Station's Last Reunion 20. The Golem and the Jinni

Currently reading: The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #128
Angelhalo
Ok I was like crap I'm breaking rules and I'm gonna get points and I didn't even know I was breaking rules!!! LOL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMLEM View Post
Of course it would be embarassing wearing anything that is out of your comfort zone but we didn't like the word nor the tone of "humiliating" that word to us implies shame. MY DH was with me on it so that's all that matters to me. We can all who we like and dislike who we dislike for whatever reasons we want.

Last edited by Angelhalo; 10-29-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Angelhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #129
Angelhalo

Quote:

They annoy me. Sometimes you can't explain why someone annoys you. I think it is gross how they go around practically demanding kisses from every woman they meet, they are loud and cocky. Just don't like them. but, if other people like them I couldn't possibly care less. If there was someone who absolutely LOVES pinky, I wouldn't need them to explain to me why they love her. Whatever floats people's boats

As for the cabby laughing that is because it is funny to see someone in something they wouldn't normally be seen wearing. You don't usually see men wearing polka dresses around for the heck of it. But, for us, humiliating was too strong of a word. Just our opinion.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #130
robinb
DIS Veteran

Wow. Iggy sure looks like he's been rode hard and put up wet .

This reminds me of a blog by Science Fiction writer John Scalzi (warning, coarse language):
http://whatever.scalzi.com/2013/08/2...me-a-feminist/

Old 10-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #131
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

I'm not a fan of the Afganimals. They yell constantly. They are not very nice people. And I wanted to slap them upside their heads when them and the ice princesses couldn't figure out the world map. I also really dislike the "Race wife" thing. They rub me the wrong way.
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:32 AM   #132
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

[QUOTE=wowsmom;49944405]I've been saying that for years. If you've been u-turned, you should have to do the other detour before you can use YOUR u-turn option. I wish they would fix that loophole.

I also don't like what my sister and I call "the great equalizer" - whether it's everybody on the same flight or train or ship, it really stinks for the teams that were hours and hours ahead (like the beards and Jason & Amy were last night).[/QUOTE]

I HATE when they do that.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:34 AM   #133
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelhalo View Post
Of course it would be embarassing wearing anything that is out of your comfort zone but we didn't like the word nor the tone of "humiliating" that word to us implies shame. MY DH was with me on it so that's all that matters to me. We can all who we like and dislike who we dislike for whatever reasons we want.

How about it's just not attractive to act like a big freaking baby?!
Old 11-04-2013, 07:38 AM   #134
saturn11
Earning My Ears

Quote:
That's interesting. I really like them. They are goofy & happy go lucky and they make me laugh. To each their own, I guess!
i think if i'd only seen the last couple episodes, i'd agree with you to some degree. personality wise, they are goofy on the edge of annoying. i guess what really turned me off was the whole race wife thing. i get it, you like these girls and want to stick with them. it started to come off creepy and pathetic and in a race full of teams that dont stand out, that left them as one of the worst in my eyes.

sad to see oklahoma go home. sometimes its sad seeing someone struggle with a challenge, but that was sad AND embarassing watching him try to get that song last night. i felt bad for him...usually when you are embarassed of your singing voice, you sing really quietly. he seemed to be loud and really trying. it was just awful.
saturn11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #135
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
i think if i'd only seen the last couple episodes, i'd agree with you to some degree. personality wise, they are goofy on the edge of annoying. i guess what really turned me off was the whole race wife thing. i get it, you like these girls and want to stick with them. it started to come off creepy and pathetic and in a race full of teams that dont stand out, that left them as one of the worst in my eyes.
The "race wife" thing rubbed initially me the wrong way too, but Ally and Ashley seemed fine with it and even called Leo and Jamal their "race husbands". I like both teams, so I gave them both a pass on it.

Quote:
sad to see oklahoma go home. sometimes its sad seeing someone struggle with a challenge, but that was sad AND embarassing watching him try to get that song last night. i felt bad for him...usually when you are embarassed of your singing voice, you sing really quietly. he seemed to be loud and really trying. it was just awful.
They were not my favorites, but I was also sad to see them go. They seemed so nice.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: