Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #106
Nohal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMAW_KSU View Post
I really hope that this is the second season in a row that a team is eliminated holding an express pass.
I hope so also. What do they say about Karma?!!!!

1973 Off Site - 1979 Cont - 1990 CBR/Cont - 1991 CBR - 1992 CBR - 1993 POR- 1994 ASSp - 1995 ASSp - 1996 ASMu - 1997 ASMo - 1998 DL/ASSp - 2002 Pop/ASMo - 2003 ASMo- 2004 ASMo - 2005 ASMo -2006 ASMo- 2007 ASSp - 2008 ASMo - 2009 ASMo - 2010 ASMo - 2011 ASMo - 2012 ASMo -2013 ASMo - 2014 ASMo - 2015 ASMo
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #107
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMAW_KSU
I really hope that this is the second season in a row that a team is eliminated holding an express pass.
Not me, I want to see them go holding TWO express passes! Rotfl
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #108
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMAW_KSU View Post
Me too. I bet Pink's ex-boyfriend doesn't say anything, because he feels he doesn't have to deal with her. Smart guy. I wonder if they were together when they auditioned and then broke up.

I love these European Countries, I hope they stay around in this area. We probably won't see them in Dubai or Egypt. I hope they start making their way down, like into Germany, Switzerland and Italy and then down into Africa.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #109
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

I don't think I have ever gone this long without disliking some teams (well, except for Pink). At this point, I do like every team still racing. I am very sad Brandon and Adam were eliminated but if they had only finished the first road block and not changed to Polka dancing the result may have been different.
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #110
SadieDog
Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open
Hell's Kitchen time
The thing got inside my shirt and was slithering around

Disappointed in seeing my favorite team, Brandon and Adam, go home last night. They probably should have stuck with the 1st road block and not switched.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:06 AM   #111
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelbug24 View Post
I don't think I have ever gone this long without disliking some teams (well, except for Pink). At this point, I do like every team still racing. I am very sad Brandon and Adam were eliminated but if they had only finished the first road block and not changed to Polka dancing the result may have been different.
I think they would have finished before Leo & Jamal got to the Double U-Turn. It appeared that they had to wait for the other teams to have their turns before the could try again. Add costume changes and running from one road block to the other and it was the kiss of death. I'm really bummed that they were eliminated.

I just read a blog where the author has an problem with the Double U-Turn. He thinks that you should only be able to issue a U-Turn once you finish your task(s). If you are U-Turned you can't issue a U-Turn on someone else until you finish your second task. It makes sense to me since racers can't just happen onto the U-Turn and use it before they finish the task leading to it. What do you think?
Old 10-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #112
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

I loved the polka task. All the male teams having to deal with the costume and 'who leads' issues was hilarious.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards
Old 10-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #113
Cogswel_Cogs
DIS Veteran

Don't like to many peoople that are left.
Cogswel_Cogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #114
mjaclyn
Currently in Wonderland

I am SO irritated. I really wish the beards had stayed in it. I cannot STAND the pink haired annoying chick with the Express passes. Honestly, I don't really like many of the teams left at all. The two hippie guys made it super fun to watch because they were having a great time. Mostly everyone else is just whiny and stressed out because they are only focused on winning. Disappointed.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #115
wowsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I think they would have finished before Leo & Jamal got to the Double U-Turn. It appeared that they had to wait for the other teams to have their turns before the could try again. Add costume changes and running from one road block to the other and it was the kiss of death. I'm really bummed that they were eliminated.

I just read a blog where the author has an problem with the Double U-Turn. He thinks that you should only be able to issue a U-Turn once you finish your task(s). If you are U-Turned you can't issue a U-Turn on someone else until you finish your second task. It makes sense to me since racers can't just happen onto the U-Turn and use it before they finish the task leading to it. What do you think?
I've been saying that for years. If you've been u-turned, you should have to do the other detour before you can use YOUR u-turn option. I wish they would fix that loophole.

I also don't like what my sister and I call "the great equalizer" - whether it's everybody on the same flight or train or ship, it really stinks for the teams that were hours and hours ahead (like the beards and Jason & Amy were last night).
wowsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #116
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowsmom View Post
I've been saying that for years. If you've been u-turned, you should have to do the other detour before you can use YOUR u-turn option. I wish they would fix that loophole.

I also don't like what my sister and I call "the great equalizer" - whether it's everybody on the same flight or train or ship, it really stinks for the teams that were hours and hours ahead (like the beards and Jason & Amy were last night).
But doing it that way gives a free pass to some of the teams who are behind the ones who got U-turned and made it to the sign first. That isn't fair at all. I don't like those Geranimals or whatever they call themselves, but they finished before the beards. Why should the beards get an advantage over a team who finished before them?

I agree with you about equalizer.

Can you tell I don't really care for these teams? The only names I actually know are Marie and Amy. I'm just not interested in most of the people this season.
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #117
Angelhalo
Ok I was like crap I'm breaking rules and I'm gonna get points and I didn't even know I was breaking rules!!! LOL!!!

DH and I don't are about any of the teams that are left either. There are a couple of teams that we don't "hate", but we don't really care about them either. All of the fun/funny/entertaining teams are gone.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #118
saturn11
Earning My Ears

DW and I are liking the Oklahoma boys and the ER doctors, but Jason and Amy and the baseball wives are all right as well. We can't stand the "Afghanimals" and Marie. the nhl ice girls are okay, they just hitched their wagon to an annoying team, so maybe if the aghanimals leave, we can root for them. unfortunately i agree, the most fun teams are gone already
saturn11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #119
KAMLEM
DIS Veteran
Likes her little penguin.
Tried to pay for lunch with WHAT?
Always remember - sticky side DOWN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBear View Post
But doing it that way gives a free pass to some of the teams who are behind the ones who got U-turned and made it to the sign first. That isn't fair at all. I don't like those Geranimals or whatever they call themselves, but they finished before the beards. Why should the beards get an advantage over a team who finished before them?
Because they DIDN'T finish yet, they still need to go back and do the other task. It's a game, since when does it have to be fair?
Old 10-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #120
Art 1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn11 View Post
DW and I are liking the Oklahoma boys and the ER doctors, but Jason and Amy and the baseball wives are all right as well. We can't stand the "Afghanimals" and Marie. the nhl ice girls are okay, they just hitched their wagon to an annoying team, so maybe if the aghanimals leave, we can root for them. unfortunately i agree, the most fun teams are gone already
As long as Amy stays around I'm watching.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: