Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #76
nikkistevej
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post
The team that got eliminated totally deserved to go. The one guy (Rowan?) made some really big mistakes. First with the bus . . . he thought he was so clever that he found a bus leaving later but arriving earlier. What killed me was how he was so cocky about it that he walked with the others as if he was going to get on their bus and then just walked away like he outsmarted them. When he found out about the miscommunication regarding the arrival time, I thought, "Karma, baby!".

Then the shoe shine stand . . . oh dear, what to even say about that? He really made a lot of assumptions this leg and it cost them. Too bad as I really wanted to like them.

The ER physician wife really surprised me with how stressed/panicked she seemed this leg. I would expect a calmer demeanor from someone who does what she does for a living.

Marie (I think that's pink hair's name) is a piece of work. No wonder that guy isn't with her anymore! I actually liked Jamal and Leo more this week . . . seeing Jamal get mad at Leo about the money situation showed that they're taking the race more seriously than I originally thought. The hippie guys from CA actually impressed me this week. I'm also really impressed with how well many of the teams spoke Spanish.
Yeah, I was surprised about the lady dr. too, maybe cause she was turning 40, she was stressing. LOL
Also was impressed by the hippie team, and the oil guys, Really like both of those teams as well.
Trips: 2005-1st trip to WDW(CBR),2007-WDW(POP)& DCL(Eastern)& bought DVC AKV,2008-WDW(AKV),2009-WDW(SSR)&DCL(Western),2010-WDW(BLT)&DCL(Bahamas), 2011-NCL-Alaska,2012-DCL & AKV for Thanksgiving,2013-1st trip to DLR!!, DCL & WDW(AKV)2014 Spring Break
nikkistevej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #77
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

I was disappointed that the Bingo team turned out so poorly. I really wanted to like them. I'm rooting for the football players and the ice hockey girls. I know, I know, not "regular" folk, but the regular folk on this season don't seem very nice, except the doctors, who I am also rooting for.
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #78
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

I really like the way Marie, pink hair, told the baseball wives "we will keep you around as long as we can." as if she chooses who stays and goes when just because she has the express pass. I would love for them to be the second team eliminated holding an express pass. Hey, they could make history by going holding 2 express passes! LOL
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #79
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsneprincess View Post
I really like the way Marie, pink hair, told the baseball wives "we will keep you around as long as we can." as if she chooses who stays and goes when just because she has the express pass. I would love for them to be the second team eliminated holding an express pass. Hey, they could make history by going holding 2 express passes! LOL
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #80
travelbug24

I am so sad football players are gone.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #81
soccerdad72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelbug24 View Post
Yeah, I liked them.

Kind of sucked for them, considering their entire race ended on one error by the ticket agent. Unfortunately, they magnified the problem by gambling on the other flight. Knowing TAR's editing from season's past, as soon as they showed them talking about it being a gamble, you knew they were screwed.

This week's episode wasn't very good, IMO. Too much of the show revolved around airport stuff instead of actual tasks.
soccerdad72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #82
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

I was so hoping that Pink and her teammate would leave, holding the Express Pass this week. There is still hope that that will happen. He really dodged a bullet by not being her boyfriend anymore. What a witch.

Yeah, I was sorry to see the football players leave so soon too.

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #83
BuzznBelle'smom
There are tomato-ey paw prints all around the stove
I've never had it burn, and I do this regularly

Quote:
Me, too. At least they were good sports about it.

Pink can leave any time--she's beyond irritating. She's quite the queen bee with that extra Express Pass, isn't she?
BuzznBelle'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:43 AM   #84
yoopermom
Suffers from too many teenage Stephen King influences

After watching all these seasons of AR, I still never understand why everyone doesn't learn Spanish before leaving (and basic commands in a variety of languages) and why they deliberately choose to be split up from everyone else. (Plus take extensive notes along the way for the final challenge when you'll have to remember little details about your trip!)

Terri
yoopermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #85
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was super bummed that they were eliminated! They had so much bad luck .

I think my favorite team right now is the Baseball Wives Nicky and Kim. They don't seem like airheads (although their casting questionaire is full of too many exclamation marks and things like "I love juicing!" and "I love to work out!".) Kim is married to ex-Cub David DeJesus so that's a plus for me . I cracked up when they went to the executive lounge to get put on the top of the standby list. Only folks who hang out in executive lounges know the services they provide. They don't *need* the million $$ with hubbies in pro-ball but I like them anyway.

I am starting to warm up to Brandon and Adam. I missed the first episode and I thought they were too "Duck Dynasty" for me, but I see that they are nothing like that except for the beards. They make me laugh.

I also like Leo and Jamal and how they call Ally and Ashly their "Race wives" . I think it's a good thing for them to form a tight alliance at the start of the race.

Of course, I don't like Marie. I think she's making a huge mistake in taunting people with the extra express pass. Although she did the right thing in not giving it to the Baseball Wives last episode. The Bingo guys were hopelessly behind.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #86
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

Do not like Pink Hair Marie one bit.

Felt so bad for the football guys.

Baseball wives were smart to go to the excutive lounge. I could see DH doing something like that. We arent rich but he travels a lot with the big wigs so he as been in few lounges
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Mkrop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #87
Debbie
DIScovering DIS magic
WISHing my way to success!
Thought processes working overboard!
We have YOUR date so book it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I was super bummed that they were eliminated! They had so much bad luck .

I think my favorite team right now is the Baseball Wives Nicky and Kim. They don't seem like airheads (although their casting questionaire is full of too many exclamation marks and things like "I love juicing!" and "I love to work out!".) Kim is married to ex-Cub David DeJesus so that's a plus for me . I cracked up when they went to the executive lounge to get put on the top of the standby list. Only folks who hang out in executive lounges know the services they provide. They don't *need* the million $$ with hubbies in pro-ball but I like them anyway.

I am starting to warm up to Brandon and Adam. I missed the first episode and I thought they were too "Duck Dynasty" for me, but I see that they are nothing like that except for the beards. They make me laugh.

I also like Leo and Jamal and how they call Ally and Ashly their "Race wives" . I think it's a good thing for them to form a tight alliance at the start of the race.

Of course, I don't like Marie. I think she's making a huge mistake in taunting people with the extra express pass. Although she did the right thing in not giving it to the Baseball Wives last episode. The Bingo guys were hopelessly behind.
I loved that they outsmarted the other 2 teams. Brilliant!
And I didn't mind too much about the length of the airport scenes. It was vital on this leg of the race. While I felt bad that the football guys cut a bad break with the travel agent, bad breaks happen all the time with cabbies and locals. What they shouldn't have done was gamble on the next set of flightS. Everyone knows that if you have more connecting flights than the rest, chances are....you are going home.
Looking forward to the exchange between the ER doctor and Marie next week. I wonder if she'll (pink) will hand over the Express pass?

šoš Lovin' the mouse from my Canadian house! šoš

offsite-'85
CBR-'90FWHomes-'94FWHomes-'97HIFS/BC-'99Dixie Landings-Jan. '00 (just the parents)HIFS/Dixie Landings-Aug.'00ASMu '01Courtyard by Marriott DTD '02Courtyard by Marriott DTD/Coronado Springs '03Wilderness Lodge-Marathon Weekend '05POP with youngest sister '05POP with FREE DINING '06ASMu with DH '07POP with youngest daughter '0825th anniversary trip at Poly '09POR (still Dixie in my heart) with DH '121 night Kidani Village before 7 night Disney Fantasy Cruise '13
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:38 PM   #88
mom2boys
Horseshoe Mesa - 3 miles, 31 switchbacks & 2500 vertical feet down and ALL that way back UP to the rim!
I always wondered why, of all the animals on earth, they would pick a hippo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzznBelle'smom View Post
Me, too. At least they were good sports about it.

Pink can leave any time--she's beyond irritating. She's quite the queen bee with that extra Express Pass, isn't she?
Pink isn't making any friends on the race by lording that pass over everyone. As soon as the pass is gone, the other teams will turn on her.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #89
ckmommy
San Antonio brings out the romantic in everyone!
What I wouldn't give for a peaceful 15 mins
Oh how I miss tomatos from the garden

Agreed about the Ex's--or at least Marie--AKA Pink hair! The "you are dead to me" comment was too funny.

I was rooting for the football guys. I do not think I ever remember Phil meeting a team at the airport before.

Our family has a game about picking the winning team. Last season, we picked our team during the first episode. But, got to keep picking until the end of the season. The person with the least picks won a trip to the local custard place.
This season, we had decided to wait to pick our team until after the 3rd episode. Which was last night. This time if your team is out, you loose. No picking another team. We will see how it goes.

That being said--I think the Dr.'s might have a good chance--but I picked Team Bandana (my DD name for them)--I think they are called Team Oklahoma on the show. Each one of us have a different team except my DD and myself.
Hoping for a little closer race next week.

CBR Sept 2009~Pop Sept 2007~Poly 2006~WL May 2005~POR Feb 2004~CR May 2002~CBR 1997 Honeymoon~Disney Villas 1995~Off Property 1985,88,90
ckmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #90
travelbug24

I like all the teams and Marie's partner. Even though, she is my least favorite, I do want Marie to stay in the game purely for my entertainment. Her need to control every situation will be her downfall. I would love for the team who Marie offers the extra express pass say, no thank you, because she will have strings and expectations attached to it.

Last edited by travelbug24; 10-15-2013 at 07:23 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: