Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2013, 05:45 PM   #46
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockash View Post
Other way around, whoever did the parasailing -so not the one that had to find the parasailer, had to do the boat thing...there were I think 2 teams who got it backwards at first.
Thanks all - I assumed that it was the other way around...and to be honest I came home from a long weekend and was super tired watching it. I am surprised they had the parasailer do the rowing too.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:24 PM   #47
Debbie
DIScovering DIS magic
WISHing my way to success!
Thought processes working overboard!
We have YOUR date so book it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
Umm, I liked them. Found them full of life. I guess I'm in the absolute minority.
No, I liked them, too. But I thought that the "twinnies" were good together, too. Both teams enjoyed themselves and were supportive of one another. And the yip-yip-yip....something that 'kids' would do. And, they do seem young. That said, I always take a couple of legs to get to know the teams, so I'll reserve judgement just now.

šoš Lovin' the mouse from my Canadian house! šoš

offsite-'85
CBR-'90FWHomes-'94FWHomes-'97HIFS/BC-'99Dixie Landings-Jan. '00 (just the parents)HIFS/Dixie Landings-Aug.'00ASMu '01Courtyard by Marriott DTD '02Courtyard by Marriott DTD/Coronado Springs '03Wilderness Lodge-Marathon Weekend '05POP with youngest sister '05POP with FREE DINING '06ASMu with DH '07POP with youngest daughter '0825th anniversary trip at Poly '09POR (still Dixie in my heart) with DH '121 night Kidani Village before 7 night Disney Fantasy Cruise '13
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #48
grassmower
Earning My Ears

Previews show a bikini episode next week. DVR is set with all the eye candy this season!!
grassmower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #49
emmabelle
I better watch out or my tag will say "She's some kind of a loserbag!"

I actually like the afganimals!

I also thought it was crappy that the dweeb with the pink hair stole their taxi, made dislike her even more.

Liked the Bingo boys and have to like the couple from Boston because I live in MA.

2003-CBR, 2004-Swan, 2006-BC, 2006-BWI, 2007-WL, 2008-BWI, 2009-BC, 2010-BWI, 2011-YC, 2011-BWV, 2012-BLT, 2013-BC, 2013-YC, 2014-GF
emmabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #50
ShirikiUtundu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazee4mickey View Post
I like it more when the race used to be just your "average joe's" who could use the money--what is there 3 teams on here that are related to professional sports to some degree?
There are the 2 who are the LA King ice crew girls, the 2 former NFL players, the 2 wives of MLB players---maybe they need the money who knows just think they shouldn't have a season with this many on it.
I like the couple Jason and Amy so far and am sure that the squabbling between Tim and Marie is going to get old fast.
I love the AR so look forward to the weeks ahead!
We also commented on this. We have ex-NFL players, baseball wives, cardiac surgeons, and 2 guys under a pile of medical bills who can barely feed their families. Something's just not right about that.
ShirikiUtundu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #51
Diznygrl
Disneyland Fanatic
But really, let's get real. I've never met a donut I didn't like

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirikiUtundu View Post
We also commented on this. We have ex-NFL players, baseball wives, cardiac surgeons, and 2 guys under a pile of medical bills who can barely feed their families. Something's just not right about that.
Gosh I know, right? I thought the same thing. Guess who I'm rooting for.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #52
nikkistevej
DIS Veteran

I do not like pink haired girl and her partner(they annoyed me) , really do like alot of the teams, but would like to see someone that isn't a baseball wife, ex NFL star, cardiac surgeons, etc win. Although, I found myself really liking those teams. i also liked the Boston people, and the guys who were from OKlahoma.
Trips: 2005-1st trip to WDW(CBR),2007-WDW(POP)& DCL(Eastern)& bought DVC AKV,2008-WDW(AKV),2009-WDW(SSR)&DCL(Western),2010-WDW(BLT)&DCL(Bahamas), 2011-NCL-Alaska,2012-DCL & AKV for Thanksgiving,2013-1st trip to DLR!!, DCL & WDW(AKV)2014 Spring Break
nikkistevej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #53
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirikiUtundu

Agreed, why are these people on the show? I just don't understand.
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #54
soccerdad72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsneprincess View Post
My guess is that the only people who could do a show like AR (or Survivor or Big Brother) are either those with no jobs or no need to work. Those "average joes" can't take off 3 months from work without getting fired.
soccerdad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #55
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And quelle surprise - he's American. Born in Texas - raised in Kansas.

How he got to Manitoba, who knows.
Well you certainly have been doing your homework on that man missy!
How he got to Manitoba? I'm sure you will find out! You AR Canada super stalker you!
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #56
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirikiUtundu View Post
I heard one of the guys say, it was his buddies life long dream to do TAR and he was along for the ride.

I thought it was unfair that the 2nd group was over 2 hours behind. But maybe TAR is going back to how it started, teams could be a day or two behind other teams
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:20 PM   #57
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

;
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerdad72 View Post
My guess is that the only people who could do a show like AR (or Survivor or Big Brother) are either those with no jobs or no need to work. Those "average joes" can't take off 3 months from work without getting fired.
I don't know. Most of AR Canada seemed like average joes and employed. One was a Labour Relations Officer, a nurse, tax auditor and two police officers. Who knows. Well one was a bikini model - I guess one can take time off that. (And it came in handy when they had to perform and beg for money on one leg.) The winner, who was a nurse, said his hospital was totally open to grant him the time for chance of a lifetime. But then again it probably wasn't as long of a leave for it. Less teams and less long haul travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
Well you certainly have been doing your homework on that man missy!
How he got to Manitoba? I'm sure you will find out! You AR Canada super stalker you!
Thanks for the support! Probably not on the bold though since I totally stopped in my tracks when I found out he was American. It entertained me to no end since it often seemed like the group didn't quite understand him.

But yes google is like Christmas for the curious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
No, I liked them, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmabelle View Post
I actually like the afganimals!

Last edited by lisaviolet; 10-01-2013 at 11:28 PM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:14 AM   #58
crazee4mickey
Ever thought you had a great idea only to find out that everyone else had the same lightbulb turning on over their heads as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
I thought it was unfair that the 2nd group was over 2 hours behind. But maybe TAR is going back to how it started, teams could be a day or two behind other teams
I know I kept thinking they must meet up somewhere where something doesn't open for a few hours but nope!

Seems odd the way social make up of this group....
Old 10-02-2013, 08:39 AM   #59
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota! View Post
I was disappointed, too, that there was no way to catch up. That bored me. There were a LOT of teams I did not like, too. The ice chicks, the baseball wives, the team that came in first, the dating couple, the father/daughter, the screamers..

I really like the football players, the bingo guys, the doctors, and the guys from Oklahoma.

I hope the whole season isn't as annoying and lame as last night...

I'm the opposite, I hate catch up legs. If you're 12 hours behind, I think one flight for everyone stinks. They should have to work their way back not have it handed to the them. And if they're 12 hours behind until they are eliminated, so be it.

Quote:
Okay, all caught up with the new season.

Umm, I liked them. Found them full of life. I guess I'm in the absolute minority.

Honestly, I think that's why the AR - Canada went over so well. Besides one team who are famous here - they were just that. It was refreshing.

I was thinking about your comment as I saw the scenes for next week. I thought "boy I guess one needs to look pretty darn good in a lack of clothes to be picked!".

Not the only one, I loved the twinies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsneprincess View Post

Why not? They tried out and the producers felt they would make interesting tv.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:59 AM   #60
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmasm View Post
Not the only one, I loved the twinies.
My ears are still bleeding I am sure they were chosen for their personalities as well as Leo and Jamal chosen for their personalities. I work with a gal who has one of those personalities (loud and yapping all the time). It gets tiresome after awhile. Thank goodness, I get to go home and get break.
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: