Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2013, 07:42 AM   #31
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Yes they need to read those clues better, I know they are in a hurry but still it is really important when to know if you can cab it or not.

I too wanted Jet and Dave to win on the Canadian one. Last night when they got to the pit stop I told my daughter to look for any flowers or symbols they might have to know at the end.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:59 AM   #32
KAMLEM
DIS Veteran
Likes her little penguin.
Tried to pay for lunch with WHAT?
Always remember - sticky side DOWN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockash View Post
So far I like the Dr.'s and the theater guys. The one dating couple from New England seems ok too, although she seems to be really excitable, which can personally get annoying for me, but we'll see.
I really wanted to like the New England couple because the guy is from the town next to mine but she just annoyed me. She had to tell everyone that she graduated HS at 16, finished college in 3 years and has 2 Master's degrees. Just rubbed me the wrong way.
KAMLEM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2013, 09:05 AM   #33
scubamouse
Mouseketeer
My shoes match. I know, I checked!

The yelling brothers remind me of the twinnies.

I like the doctors and the NFL guys best so far. I'm sure I'll change my mind as the season goes along, I always do
2005 Christmas at Villas Wilderness Lodge
2006 at Wilderness Lodge
2007 Beach Club Villas with free dining
2008 Beach Club villas
Spring break 2009 Howard Johnson's at Disneyland
August 26 - September 5, 2010 Bonnet Creek
Planning an August 2012 trip
scubamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #34
soccerdad72
DIS Veteran

Sort of a weak premiere last night, IMO. There wasn't a really complicated Road Block, so for the most part there wasn't any chance for the bottom 4 teams to catch the first 7. It all came down to the first drive to the airport.

Not sure who I'm rooting for yet.
soccerdad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #35
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Hi everyone! I love AR too! My sister and I always secretly say we would be such a good team because we love to travel and she would be so good and things I wouldn't be, and vice versa.

Last night they were announcing (locally I think) that there will be tryouts for the show in a town very near us. I told my sister to get herself a flight up here so we could go to it. So much for daydreaming ...

Anyway .... I'm still trying to figure out who I like best. It'll be a few weeks before I really get a good feel for the teams and get a favorite. Funny how they started this show and the last season's opener with parachuting. That scenery from Bora Bora last season took my breath away!

Old 09-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #36
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKelly View Post
I can tell you one thing that I didn't like...the screaming from Jamal and Leo. That's going to get old fast!!
The one guy (not sure which) is seriously going to have to take it down a notch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerdad72 View Post
Sort of a weak premiere last night, IMO. There wasn't a really complicated Road Block, so for the most part there wasn't any chance for the bottom 4 teams to catch the first 7. It all came down to the first drive to the airport.

Not sure who I'm rooting for yet.
I completely agree. The 4 teams on the second flight didn't stand a chance. The challenges were pretty straight forward so nothing that could have really slowed the first 7 down enough to not get to the mat in time.

Too early to know who I'm rooting for. I like the doctors so far, but we'll see.
Music City Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:46 PM   #37
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

I was disappointed, too, that there was no way to catch up. That bored me. There were a LOT of teams I did not like, too. The ice chicks, the baseball wives, the team that came in first, the dating couple, the father/daughter, the screamers..

I really like the football players, the bingo guys, the doctors, and the guys from Oklahoma.

I hope the whole season isn't as annoying and lame as last night...
Minnesota! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #38
crazee4mickey
Ever thought you had a great idea only to find out that everyone else had the same lightbulb turning on over their heads as well?

I like it more when the race used to be just your "average joe's" who could use the money--what is there 3 teams on here that are related to professional sports to some degree?
There are the 2 who are the LA King ice crew girls, the 2 former NFL players, the 2 wives of MLB players---maybe they need the money who knows just think they shouldn't have a season with this many on it.
I like the couple Jason and Amy so far and am sure that the squabbling between Tim and Marie is going to get old fast.
I love the AR so look forward to the weeks ahead!
Old 09-30-2013, 01:57 PM   #39
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

I like the Doctors too but I thought for sure they messed up because didn't he parasail an then didn't he take the boat out to get the fish? I thought that had to be the other person and I kept waiting for that to come up...especially when it did for the other teams.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #40
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazee4mickey View Post
and am sure that the squabbling between Tim and Marie is going to get old fast.
You know they are in it for long haul because they are so irritating.
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #41
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz View Post
I like the Doctors too but I thought for sure they messed up because didn't he parasail an then didn't he take the boat out to get the fish? I thought that had to be the other person and I kept waiting for that to come up...especially when it did for the other teams.

Liz
He parasailed because she told the cabbie, in Spanish, to follow the parasailers. Oh wait just reread what you said but I still think they did it right. The parasailer had to row the boat.
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #42
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubamouse View Post
The yelling brothers remind me of the twinnies.

I like the doctors and the NFL guys best so far. I'm sure I'll change my mind as the season goes along, I always do
Old 09-30-2013, 03:43 PM   #43
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
You are cracking me up! You are right. He was full of himself. Although I will admit, he's a good looking man.
And quelle surprise - he's American. Born in Texas - raised in Kansas.

How he got to Manitoba, who knows.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:52 PM   #44
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Okay, all caught up with the new season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKelly View Post
I don't know who I like yet. I can tell you one thing that I didn't like...the screaming from Jamal and Leo. That's going to get old fast!!

Or maybe I am just being extra irritable because I have a horribly painful ear infection!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotKilterFan View Post
No they are annoying.. and I don't have an ear infection

Umm, I liked them. Found them full of life. I guess I'm in the absolute minority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazee4mickey View Post
I like it more when the race used to be just your "average joe's"
!
Honestly, I think that's why the AR - Canada went over so well. Besides one team who are famous here - they were just that. It was refreshing.

I was thinking about your comment as I saw the scenes for next week. I thought "boy I guess one needs to look pretty darn good in a lack of clothes to be picked!".

Last edited by lisaviolet; 09-30-2013 at 03:58 PM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #45
brockash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz

Liz
Other way around, whoever did the parasailing -so not the one that had to find the parasailer, had to do the boat thing...there were I think 2 teams who got it backwards at first.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: