Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2013, 08:14 AM   #136
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

Usually I am anti-non-elimination leg, but I thought last night was going to be it. The singing challenge reminded me of the "Bollywood" dancing thing from a couple years ago, which IIRC was non elimination. I don't like when the challenge is a"talent", which some people may NEVER have, as opposed to a skill that can be replicated or puzzle that can be figured out.

I was glad to see the team that thought Pink was their friend call her out, although I don't think you should be on the Amazing Race to make friends. I get annoyed with the "teamwork" that was going on with the donut challenge and the charting of Magellan's course previously this season.

Now, because I have to let it out: power parents?!? Ugh, gag me! I didn't especially like them before, not sure why, but that sealed the deal for me.
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #137
saturn11
Earning My Ears

yea i just knew that was going to be non-elimination.

i dont mind teams helping each other out now and again, but it seems like the teamwork has been to a whole new level this season (this is only the 4th season i've watched i think, so i cant speak beyond that)
saturn11 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2013, 08:52 AM   #138
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

I don't like the Afghanimals. Don't like their ululating (glad they have slacked off on that) or their constant demands for kisses. Who wants to kiss a sweaty person on demand? And the teams always seem to be sweaty.

The always unpleasant girl with the pink hair needs to get knocked out by the Afghanimals, though. That would be fun, because I like her even less than them.

The male doctor is okay, but the female doctor is on my nerves. Just don't like her.

Blondes haven't bothered me yet that I can remember and the Bunnies fall into that category too. The couple whose taxi was taken by Pink Psycho are okay. I'll have to root for one of those three, I suppose.
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #139
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

I really hope that that nasty pink girl falls down somewhere. She is downright nasty.

I also thought this was going to be a non elimination race, I liked those two.

I was not prepared to like the ice girls or the bunnies, but they are both okay, no hysteria, no drama, no nastiness. The Afghanimals are growing on me, but I doubt I will ever like them. I like the Doctors, and the Jamie pair. I just cannot tolerate the pink couple. She is a brute!
Old 11-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #140
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
I was not prepared to like the ice girls or the bunnies, but they are both okay, no hysteria, no drama, no nastiness. The Afghanimals are growing on me, but I doubt I will ever like them. I like the Doctors, and the Jamie pair. I just cannot tolerate the pink couple. She is a brute!
I thought the HNL Ice Crew girls were the "bunnies". Do you mean the baseball wives? They are my favorite team .
Old 11-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #141
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I thought the HNL Ice Crew girls were the "bunnies". Do you mean the baseball wives? They are my favorite team .
I do. I admit that I get pretty mixed up with the nick names for the teams.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #142
nikkistevej
DIS Veteran

Sad to see the Oklahoma guys go last night, they were nice, BUT they struggled with every challenge it seemed. i really thought it would be a non elim challenge last night, we haven't had one yet right???
Anyway, i am glad that Jason and Amy realized that Marie(pink hair) isn't their friend, she is in it to win it. Now I can't stand her at ALL!!!!!! BUT, she is right, it is a race, I mean don't they know how she is by now. Shame on them for thinking they were cool like that. On the other side, it was an awful thing to do, BUT she is AWFUL!!! What did they expect?????
Trips: 2005-1st trip to WDW(CBR),2007-WDW(POP)& DCL(Eastern)& bought DVC AKV,2008-WDW(AKV),2009-WDW(SSR)&DCL(Western),2010-WDW(BLT)&DCL(Bahamas), 2011-NCL-Alaska,2012-DCL & AKV for Thanksgiving,2013-1st trip to DLR!!, DCL & WDW(AKV)2014 Spring Break
nikkistevej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #143
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkistevej View Post
Anyway, i am glad that Jason and Amy realized that Marie(pink hair) isn't their friend, she is in it to win it. Now I can't stand her at ALL!!!!!! BUT, she is right, it is a race, I mean don't they know how she is by now. Shame on them for thinking they were cool like that. On the other side, it was an awful thing to do, BUT she is AWFUL!!! What did they expect?????
Marie was telling them if you were in our shoes you would do the same thing. Amy told her, we had the opportunity to take two of the cabs left and they didn't! So no Marie no one was as evil as you were.
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #144
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

BOO Amazing Race! No fair to be eliminated because of singing - in another language, no less! The weren't my favorite team either, and I couldn't see them winning, but this is an awful way to be eliminated.

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #145
ckmommy
San Antonio brings out the romantic in everyone!
What I wouldn't give for a peaceful 15 mins
Oh how I miss tomatos from the garden

Totally thought it would be a non elim. night last night. Marie--man she is brutal!! I realize it is a game, but I do not think I could take someone else's taxi. Luckily, A and J did not have to go that far to find a cab (at least it did not look that far).

Now, my two teams I was rotting for are out. Not really sure who the stongest team is--My guess is A and J or the Dr's.

Here's to next week!

CBR Sept 2009~Pop Sept 2007~Poly 2006~WL May 2005~POR Feb 2004~CR May 2002~CBR 1997 Honeymoon~Disney Villas 1995~Off Property 1985,88,90
ckmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #146
soccerdad72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelbug24 View Post
Marie was telling them if you were in our shoes you would do the same thing. Amy told her, we had the opportunity to take two of the cabs left and they didn't! So no Marie no one was as evil as you were.
Not only that, but the second they left that task, she ran outside saying, "We should steal someone's cab!", so it wasn't like there were no other cabs, she was looking for a chance to sabotage another team.
soccerdad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #147
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerdad72 View Post
Not only that, but the second they left that task, she ran outside saying, "We should steal someone's cab!", so it wasn't like there were no other cabs, she was looking for a chance to sabotage another team.
yes, yes, I remember that now.
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #148
RunningGirl
DIS Veteran

Wow, I thought that was a ridiculous task. I guess I recall some in the past where you had to be able to swim, but it just doesn't seem right to get eliminated because you cannot sing. Maybe if it had been a detour so you could switch to something else, that would have been better. I never thought the OK guys had much of a chance anyway, but they seemed like nice guys.

And Pinkie really has to go. So tired of her nastiness. I was rooting for the beards; I don't really have a favorite anymore.
RunningGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #149
BriarfoxinWA
DIS Veteran

So I have a question, could they have opted to not do the singing challenge and take a penalty? I think it was done before - Rob and Amber's season on AR where they were in Brazil didn't want to eat all the beef. Wasn't it a 3 hour penalty for not doing the challenge?
Old 11-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #150
robinb
DIS Veteran

I think the singing challenge was one where the selection of who did the challenge was really important. I know I would not have agreed to that challenge because I can't carry a tune in a bucket. I wonder if Danny had a better singing voice than Tim or if they were both terrible.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: