Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
HeatherC
Alas...these people I live with take up too much room

New Englanders...Ready for some snow?

I was kind of hoping it would be a big nothing, but looks like we may get around 10-12" after all.

Now we just have to cram in two basketball games and a show choir Christmas show before it arrives later.

Actually looking forward to a cozy night where I don't have to be anywhere instead of in front of a nice fire! Already prepped some comfort food for tonight and tomorrow....homemade mac and cheese, stuffed shells and chicken parm ready to be cooked for dinner.

Guess we are ready. What about you?
HeatherC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
Disworldluv
DIS Veteran

During the winter months in Western Mass. you must always be ready for snow. Not just food and water but sand, ice melt, snowblower ready to go, gasoline, and a home generator isn't a bad idea. Then we just look forward to a winter vacation in the "World". Go Patriots!!
Disworldluv is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

At least it will warm up a little. My weather app says it's 8 degrees.
sunshinehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
DisneyDreamer2504
DIS Veteran

We're already getting it here in nyc. We're not expecting too much, but it'll be the first snow other than flurries so far is year. We're supposed to be having a party tonight but people are canceling bc of the snow which is pretty silly since no one has to drive to get here.....just subway. Well there is lots of food and alcohol for just two people!

Sept '10 - Wonder
Sept '11 - WDW Caribbean Beach/Dream - Honeymoon!
May '12 - AKV
Sept '13 - SSR/FANTASY
DisneyDreamer2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #5
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
I was kind of hoping it would be a big nothing, but looks like we may get around 10-12" after all.

Now we just have to cram in two basketball games and a show choir Christmas show before it arrives later.

Actually looking forward to a cozy night where I don't have to be anywhere instead of in front of a nice fire! Already prepped some comfort food for tonight and tomorrow....homemade mac and cheese, stuffed shells and chicken parm ready to be cooked for dinner.

Guess we are ready. What about you?
Had it already here in the MO. Shoveled all morning and built 2 snowmen which are adorable btw...

They cancelled most of the ACT tests around here. I am sure many kids were NOT happy about that.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #6
NFLDERS
DIS Veteran

It started early here in Niagara Ontario Canada. Dh has already been out with the tractor/snowblower! The wood stove is ready to go. We cook on top if need be.

We went into town yesterday for some extra comfort foods so did most of the 22,000 residents here or so it seemed! just incase tomorrow into Monday leaves all of us without hydro!

Oops! Just realized OP you asked New Englanders. . .

Last edited by NFLDERS; 12-15-2013 at 04:43 PM.
NFLDERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #7
Saphire
Loves to hear good news
I can't believe they pulled it off!!!

Location: Down By The River Charles...Boston, You're My Home!

It sure is feeling Christmas-y around here...brrrr. After tonights snow fall it will be picture perfect. Nothing like Christmas time in New England.

I had company coming for dinner tomorrow night but will have to cancel. So instead we will wrap gifts and watch a Christmas movie.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #8
Sabeking
DIS Veteran

Jealous.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #9
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

anyone see any snow yet? When is it supposed to start? I'm supposed to go to a company christmas party tonight I'm in metro north Boston if that helps!
Old 12-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #10
NEDisneyFans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10 View Post
anyone see any snow yet? When is it supposed to start? I'm supposed to go to a company christmas party tonight I'm in metro north Boston if that helps!
Last I checked, the heavy stuff wasn't supposed to start until around 11 PM, so I'd go to the party but you might want to head home early . . .

We are down on the Cape for the weekend, making use of my MIL's wonderful kitchen to do holiday baking and candy making -- all warm and cozy here!

Packing and shipping to family on the West Coast, plating treats for colleagues and other events this week, then local family gatherings start next Saturday . . . and I'm making up extra for the guys who keep our sidewalk and drive snow-free.

Ali

WDW: AKL & BLT 6/14; BWV 3/13; BWV 3/12; BWV 6/10; AKL 6/09; SSR 1/09; POP 2/07, 3/06, 2/05; BWV 5/04
DLR: Good Neighbor 10/11; GCH 4/08
DCL: Magic 10/06 (Disneymoon!)

2014 Reading Goal: 55 Books
NEDisneyFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #11
NFLDERS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEDisneyFans View Post
Last I checked, the heavy stuff wasn't supposed to start until around 11 PM, so I'd go to the party but you might want to head home early . . .

We are down on the Cape for the weekend, making use of my MIL's wonderful kitchen to do holiday baking and candy making -- all warm and cozy here!

Packing and shipping to family on the West Coast, plating treats for colleagues and other events this week, then local family gatherings start next Saturday . . . and I'm making up extra for the guys who keep our sidewalk and drive snow-free.

Ali

This reads so awesome!
NFLDERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #12
HeatherC
Alas...these people I live with take up too much room

Sowing pretty good here. (near Sturbridge, MA) and just got word all our sport commitments are cancelled for tomorrow. Doing the happy dance!
HeatherC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:13 PM   #13
Mickey527
DIS Veteran

I HATE SNOW!!!!!
I just got back from FL yesterday. 86 degrees for a week, it was wonderful.
Today in CT 7" already and it is really windy now and blowing all over.

Did I say how much I HATE SNOW???
Old 12-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #14
pat fan
I'm leaving now so I don't have to witness what comes next

I hate snow too! BUT this one isn't bothering me as I have nowhere to be and can just think it's pretty without worrying abut driving in it!

I am assuming church is cancelled for tomorrow so I just plan on hunkering down to wrap & watch the Pats! Cooked a ham tonight so I can make 16 bean soup tomorrow, and maybe I'll make some cookies and candy for the co-workers/mail lady.

BTW, it's coming down pretty good here right now! (and Frosty's on!)

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be."
-- John Wayne
pat fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #15
kmb584
DIS Veteran

I'm not in New England but am in Northeast PA where the snow is tapering off. The weather forecast dictated snow beginning at 1pm .. it was snowing like a banshee beginning at 8am. All total I have about 8" in my yard!

DD and I just stayed nice and cozy today as tomorrow we'll be heading to the farm to get our Christmas tree! We baked cookies, drank hot chocolate, watched movies, and had pizza for dinner.

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: