Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #16
zy144622
Mouseketeer

We were there in feb and really enjoyed Tony's. Food was good and the staff left a lasting impression with excellent service. Pixie dusted when our daughter was named Jr Chef!
zy144622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #17
aristocatz
DIS Veteran

We've only eaten there once & we had a good experience. I thought the theming was really nice (Lady & the Tramp is one of my favorite movies). Our server was really nice and attentive. I ordered a non-pasta entree (pork loin I think?) and I thought it was very good. Dessert was good as well. It wasn't the best place on property, but I've most definitely had worse. We would eat there again. I think it's fun to eat on Main Street.

aristocatz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #18
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
So what exactly was wrong. Saying it is a prob and horrid does nothing to explain to me what happened.
I agree, why say it's horrid and not give any details that could help others. Was it the food, a specific dish? Was it the service?
Old 09-28-2013, 10:46 PM   #19
stephihughes
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I agree, why say it's horrid and not give any details that could help others. Was it the food, a specific dish? Was it the service?
I have just been lurking on this thread. I had a horrible experience at Tony's . I have only been to Tony's once and will not return. I am an annual passholder and know that bad things do happen from time to time. This particular night we went in and sat down. They sat 8 people at a 6 person table . We were all on top of each other . We ordered and it took 40 minutes to get our food. When we got it my friends steak ( he isn't a pasta eater) had a large hair in it. He didn't even get to cut the steak the hair was all over it. When we brought the hair to the waiters attention the manager came over and told is it was probably our friends hair. That did not go over well seeing as this was a long hair and my friend has a buzz cut. I don't care whose hair it is. They should have just taken it and replaced it with no hassle. I mean by the time he got a replacement we had been there well over an hour. Not an experience I want to happen again anytime soon.

It's kinda fun to do the impossible ~ Walt Disney
stephihughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:06 PM   #20
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydude25 View Post
WOW!!!! Tony's is prob. the worst dining on property!!!!! Anyone else have a bad experience?
DUDE, you'd have a lot more cred if you were able to actually articulate what the problems were with your experience. I have no idea if my dining experience there came anywhere close to yours. And the lack of detail makes this thread completely useless for anyone else trying to find out what the recent dining experiences there are like.

So dish.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:27 AM   #21
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWillowBay View Post
I've been to Tony's 2x and loved it! Great service, good food. Waiting area is a little disorganized, but who cares. Sorry for your bad experience. Our crazy bad meal was Coral Reef, but others Love it. Different strokes.
I'm with you there in regards to Coral Reef being our worst meal on property rather then Tony's . My DH and kids like Tony's more then I do but not because I think it is unedible, but because I like a little more marinara sauce on my pasta then what they give. We normally eat at Tony's for lunch but this time we are going for dinner, and from what I understand there is a steak there that is pretty good which I can't wait to try. OP, I am sorry that you had a bad experience at Tony's, at least now you can check mark that one off of your Disney must try list .

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:25 AM   #22
GaBelle
DIS Veteran

I would also like to hear OP's review of Tony's.
I have read about several bad experiences there and it just astounds me. We've eaten there (now) 5 times and never had bad service or food. No, its not fine dining but it is better IMO than say Olive Garden.
The most common criticism I have seen is regarding the marinara sauce, so on our last visit I had some. I thought it was pretty tasty...nothing that remotely resembled Chef Boyardee. And if it is a canned product, it fooled me.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:39 AM   #23
Terpgirl79
Mouseketeer

We've eaten here a few times and enjoyed each meal. Nothing that blew me out of the water but tasty and enjoyable.
Terpgirl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:37 AM   #24
MinnieLee
DIS Veteran

Tony's is a restaurant that we can say we've been there, done that but not in a rush to go back. The atmosphere and service was fine but the food was adequate. Would'nt say horrid though. So many other choices on property that are so much better.

MinnieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #25
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

Tonys to me is the equivalent of going to Olive Garden, i.e. pretty bad. I might go to Tonys over Liberty Tree Tavern which was worse IMO

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:13 AM   #26
Tinkergurl20
Mouseketeer

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. We've been twice and had good experiences both times and are going back for our third. True its not "gourmet" like previous posts have said, but its been decent. They are wonderful with my food allergies which is typical for Disney. I think a lot of restaurants are hit or miss just as chain restaurants are outside of the world.

Tinkergurl20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:17 AM   #27
carrie1626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydude25 View Post
WOW!!!! Tony's is prob. the worst dining on property!!!!! Anyone else have a bad experience?
** 24 posts and an upcoming trip

WERE you just there?
2000 NOV Polynesian 2001 OCT AS Music 2002 AUG Grosvenor DD 2003 AUG DoubleTree DD 2004 NOV Port Orleans French Quarter 2006 NOV POP Century 2010 AUG Animal KingdomLodge 2011 NOV Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 NOV HGVC Internat'l Dr 25th Anniversary trip 2013 DEC Pop/CBR next trip not soon enough
carrie1626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:43 AM   #28
amber_cntrygrl
Mouseketeer

We ate at Tony's Friday night and enjoyed it. Was it the best Chicken Parmesan I've ever had? No, but it wasn't terrible. The service was super fast also. It was less than an hour between the time we checked in and walked out after our meal!

Sorry you had such a bad experience, OP.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

amber_cntrygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #29
Disneydude25
Earning My Ears

We went there for dinner last month. We had our daughter and the staff basically yelled at us to get out of the way while we were waiting. Then we needed a high chair and it was like it was a horrible thing to ask for. The food tasted ok but was cold, and my daughters pasta was weirdly slimy. I should mention I love Disney food and service. But man this just wasnt magical. BTW everyone who can should ask the concierge about fastpass for BOG for lunch. It was amazing! just wondering if it was a bad day at TTS or if that was the usual? thanks!

Disneydude25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #30
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

I will share my experience....it wasnt about the service. It was the food. AWFUL. I had the chicken parm. It was terrible, the spagetti that accompanied it was disgusting. It was the sauce that killed the dish on both the pasta and the chicken parm. My son had the spag/balls and absolutely hated it. I scolded him at first cause i told him its not fair to judge if you only had one bite of meatball, well jeez, i took a bite of meatball and could barely swallow. It tasted terrible. It was the worst meal of our disney life. Granted we havent been in about 2-3 yrs, but it was bad enough for us not to return for a long long time. And btw, I actually like olive garden! I would put Tonys on par with chefboyardee (as rusty scrupper would say).

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!

Last edited by goofyintoronto; 09-29-2013 at 11:51 AM.
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: