Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2013, 07:38 AM   #1
mgsmom
DIS Veteran

Basic DP questions

Hi all - I am hopeful some of you vets will chime in here and help me out!

We have been to Disney several times, but never used the dining plan.

I am trying to help a friend plan, and I think they will do better if they have a dining plan for their family. They are also planning for the last weekend in February, which I think might give them a chance for free dining.

Questions:

1. What times of the year do they traditionally roll out the Free Dining?
2. If you stay value, FD is only CS - correct? But moderate would be regular plan (with 1 TS)?
3. If they will be there 4 nights but only buying park tix for 2 days, how does that affect the dining plan?

I think that's it. It will be their first trip, so I'm hoping they can do character meals for their 2 boys (3 and 4).

Are we there yet???
2000 CR Garden Wing
2004 All 4 parks in one day

2010 FW Cabin

2011 FW rented 5W

2012 Pop Century

2013 Castaway Cay (Disney Dream)
mgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:59 AM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsmom View Post
Hi all - I am hopeful some of you vets will chime in here and help me out!

We have been to Disney several times, but never used the dining plan.

I am trying to help a friend plan, and I think they will do better if they have a dining plan for their family. They are also planning for the last weekend in February, which I think might give them a chance for free dining.

Questions:

1. What times of the year do they traditionally roll out the Free Dining?
2. If you stay value, FD is only CS - correct? But moderate would be regular plan (with 1 TS)?
3. If they will be there 4 nights but only buying park tix for 2 days, how does that affect the dining plan?

I think that's it. It will be their first trip, so I'm hoping they can do character meals for their 2 boys (3 and 4).
1. You can usually get FD for stays at the end of August through September, with other times of the year being possible, but not definite (although no discounts are guaranteed as Disney can stop them at any time). Room rates usually go up to peak pricing the middle of February (Presidents Day weekend) and go through Easter and although FD is possible during that time frame, I wouldn't count on it as that is a busy time of year.

2. Yes, FD at the value resorts is usually CS, with the moderates being the regular plan (1TS/1CS/1snack).

3. The DDP goes by the number of nights you stay and has nothing to do with your park tickets. Park tickets do not have to match the number of nights you stay. You can get any number of park tickets, as long as you get the minimum required for FD.

HTH .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
mgsmom
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much! Very helpful!

I checked and saw that the first weekend in Feb was cheaper, so maybe will have her try then. I usually don't pay attention to the FD threads because we always go in summer so it's never an issue for us.

I am also realizing that with MLK weekend, President's Day, marathon weekend, etc., that FD may not be very likely in Jan/Feb.

So, if she waits until September, there is a better chance of FD?

Are we there yet???
2000 CR Garden Wing

2010 FW Cabin

2011 FW rented 5W

2012 Pop Century

Old 09-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsmom View Post
Thanks so much! Very helpful!

I checked and saw that the first weekend in Feb was cheaper, so maybe will have her try then. I usually don't pay attention to the FD threads because we always go in summer so it's never an issue for us.

I am also realizing that with MLK weekend, President's Day, marathon weekend, etc., that FD may not be very likely in Jan/Feb.

So, if she waits until September, there is a better chance of FD?
You're welcome .

Here is a thread that was started for an upcoming RO discount and Stay/Play/Dine promo for January-April:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3176663

The chances of getting FD in September are pretty good. I can't remember when it started, but FD has been offered during August & September for quite awhile. Disney has been cutting back on the amount of days it's offered in August, but most (if not all) of September has been offered.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #5
mgsmom
DIS Veteran

Great info! Thank you so much!

We kind of have our visits "down to a science", but I know my friend's needs will be different so this is very helpful!

Are we there yet???
2000 CR Garden Wing

2010 FW Cabin

2011 FW rented 5W

2012 Pop Century

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: