Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #1306
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Hi!! I have been to WDW numerous times in my life but have never stayed at POFQ, or even visited it for that matter. So, my DH and I are just doing the DCL this year and decided to stay at POFQ the night before our cruise. Originally we were going to stay at the airport Hyatt and visit DTD but a cab would be $110 round trip so it just makes more sense to stay at a Disney Resort and I figured POFQ would be perfect since we have never stayed there and it's next DTD. Yay, I can't wait!!!

Let me add, we will save $49 staying at POFQ. It's minimal but any excuse to stay at a Disney Resort is a good one, right??? Lol

Sent from my LG G2.
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:47 AM   #1307
BlueGiraffe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Hi!! I have been to WDW numerous times in my life but have never stayed at POFQ, or even visited it for that matter. So, my DH and I are just doing the DCL this year and decided to stay at POFQ the night before our cruise. Originally we were going to stay at the airport Hyatt and visit DTD but a cab would be $110 round trip so it just makes more sense to stay at a Disney Resort and I figured POFQ would be perfect since we have never stayed there and it's next DTD. Yay, I can't wait!!! Let me add, we will save $49 staying at POFQ. It's minimal but any excuse to stay at a Disney Resort is a good one, right??? Lol Sent from my LG G2.
I love any excuse to stay on site!!
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2014, 06:23 AM   #1308
Tardisblue
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
We tried them the first morning and while they are good, having had the real thing in Cafe Du Monde, I wasn't as impressed.
+1

We're heading back in May and I'm going to give them another try just in case we got a bad batch.
July 1973 - Contemporary; March 1983 - Offsite; November 1995 - Wilderness Lodge; June 2002 - Offsite; Sept 2009 - Offsite; August 2011 - Offsite; August 2012 - Offsite; May 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter; August 2013 - Offsite; January 2014 - All Star Movies; May 2014 - Port Orleans French Quarter

Disneyland
2001 - Offsite

Tardisblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:31 PM   #1309
kddill
Mouseketeer

Pool Refurb

Hi to all you recent Port Orleans French Quarter travelers! Curious if there were any major changes to the Doubloon Lagoon Pool from the 7 week closure for rehab?

kddill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:40 PM   #1310
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddill View Post
Hi to all you recent Port Orleans French Quarter travelers! Curious if there were any major changes to the Doubloon Lagoon Pool from the 7 week closure for rehab?
I would be interested in this info also. Wondering if a fence was added to the pool area as was rumored several months ago.

crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:51 PM   #1311
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi!! I have been to WDW numerous times in my life but have never stayed at POFQ, or even visited it for that matter. So, my DH and I are just doing the DCL this year and decided to stay at POFQ the night before our cruise. Originally we were going to stay at the airport Hyatt and visit DTD but a cab would be $110 round trip so it just makes more sense to stay at a Disney Resort and I figured POFQ would be perfect since we have never stayed there and it's next DTD. Yay, I can't wait!!!

Let me add, we will save $49 staying at POFQ. It's minimal but any excuse to stay at a Disney Resort is a good one, right??? Lol

Sent from my LG G2.

POFQ is awesome!!! Stayed there in September and it was really great!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:42 AM   #1312
chigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tardisblue View Post
+1

We're heading back in May and I'm going to give them another try just in case we got a bad batch.
We had good ones in 06...but I have to say the ones we had in 2011 at Disneyland's French Quarter area were WAY better: shaped like Mickey and tasted like Cafe Du Monde ones.
chigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:38 AM   #1313
BlueGiraffe
DIS Veteran

At this time in 4 months we will just be taking off from Gatwick and heading to POFQ!! Can't wait!
Old 03-26-2014, 09:59 PM   #1314
ladeedeb
Mouseketeer

First Time

Our 1st stay at POFQ in less than 3 weeks.
ladeedeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:13 AM   #1315
vrajewski10513
Mouseketeer

I'm so sick of this weather!! 5 months and 1week can't come soon enough! So excited for our first stay at POFQ

October 1989 (KOA Campground)
October 2013 (Pop Century) Honeymoon
September 2014 (Pop Century)
vrajewski10513 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:08 PM   #1316
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Someone posted the dimensions of the French Quarter windows on here (or maybe the previous thread?) but I cannot find it. If any of you know where it is, please could you link me to it?
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:53 AM   #1317
Smurfgirl
Mouseketeer

I'm headed to the FQ in 2 weeks. It will be my first trip to Disney. Is there anything I should be sure not to miss?
Smurfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:29 AM   #1318
edinburghlass
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
Someone posted the dimensions of the French Quarter windows on here (or maybe the previous thread?) but I cannot find it. If any of you know where it is, please could you link me to it?
If you care to wait 37 days I could measure them for you
Old 03-29-2014, 09:39 AM   #1319
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sent from my LG G2.
We were contemplating a stay at the airport Hyatt because I've heard such good things about it, but an equally obsessed friend pointed out we could stay at POR instead for the night and the price was about the same. An extra day at Disney versus hanging at the airport was an easy decision to make (as nice as I've heard the Hyatt is).
tarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:22 PM   #1320
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by edinburghlass View Post
If you care to wait 37 days I could measure them for you
Thank you so much. Your post made me smile .... a few years ago I took a measure with me to get dimensions for someone else. You'd think I would have kept a note of it

I am going to decorate our window this year but don't know how long to make the strands of ribbon
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faq, french quarter, pofq, port orleans

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: