Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2013, 04:56 AM   #91
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihearthatter View Post
Just curious - anyone have any vegetarian feedback as far as the on site restaurant? I mean, I'm sure I could subsist on beignets alone but just in case...
I have found them quite accommodating. I am not vegetarian as I eat fish but I don't eat any red meat or pork and don't like eggs ......

DD and I will share a bounty platter for breakfast to use up some of our CS credits and have never had a problem having it meat and egg free. They offer another biscuit or extra potatoes, pancake or anything reasonable that we have wanted to sub

Also I have had dinner there many times and asked for a plate of sides as a meal and they have done it with no problem.

The make your own salads are awesome and also, I have ordered the quesadillas with only cheese and no chicken so if you ask, you may be pleasantly surprised

Oh and also, they will do an adult portion of the kids mac n cheese
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:21 AM   #92
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Festival of the seasons at disney springs released their dates. Nov 15 th they begin holiday festivities. I'm very excited we will get to spend our last few days in the Christmas spirit. 37 dats to go and the knee is healing slowly. Thinking if I use a scooter on resort property and to buzz back n forth to riverside maybe I won't need it or he actual parks .. Praying hard and not missing one day of pt....
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2013, 06:35 AM   #93
LoveMMC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesTheMagic View Post
We are scheduled to leave FQ tomorrow (10/2) and have extra bottled water for whoever responds. We will be checking out around 9 so will be checking the boards before that. We can leave it at the desk for you if needed. So sad to be leaving, but had a nice time - though many technical issues - including water that was delivered to the resort the day before we arrived and not getting it until 3 days before we leave - thus extra waters! Still trying to figure out how to personal message on here, so please be patient if you want the water.
We will have it- thank you. We are here now. We can use the name Owen. Thank you!
DLP 2003, 2004, 2012
WDW 2010 POP , 2011 CSR , 2013 POFQ
LoveMMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:27 AM   #94
LovesTheMagic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMMC View Post
We will have it- thank you. We are here now. We can use the name Owen. Thank you!
Not a problem. We don't want it to go to waste. Enjoy!
LovesTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:08 AM   #95
ihearthatter
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post

I have found them quite accommodating. I am not vegetarian as I eat fish but I don't eat any red meat or pork and don't like eggs ......

DD and I will share a bounty platter for breakfast to use up some of our CS credits and have never had a problem having it meat and egg free. They offer another biscuit or extra potatoes, pancake or anything reasonable that we have wanted to sub

Also I have had dinner there many times and asked for a plate of sides as a meal and they have done it with no problem.

The make your own salads are awesome and also, I have ordered the quesadillas with only cheese and no chicken so if you ask, you may be pleasantly surprised

Oh and also, they will do an adult portion of the kids mac n cheese
Thanks so much - sounds like we'll do ok eating there
ihearthatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #96
Stitch Waffles
Earning My Ears

Hello all,

We just left the great POFQ on Sept 27th. We did not receive a bounce back offer which I dismissed as a random event we were not selected for. After reading through the boards it seems that even though I didn't receive a flyer I could have still participated.
Is there anyone who may have stayed around the same time that can verify they were being distributed?
Thank you.
Stitch Waffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #97
feet1
Mouseketeer

We left the same day! Building 2, rm 2232, corner room river view! Loved every minute of it!!

The bounce back offer was in the "be our guest guide" that was in the room, I believe on the dresser in front of the tv or maybe the table. But either way, the offer is in the booklet. You have to book before you check out though.

1984 (I was 9) - off site
1989 - off site
1992 -CBR
2006 - POFQ
2007 - WL
Sept 19-27 2013 POFQ

feet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #98
Stitch Waffles
Earning My Ears

Thank you for your response!

Building 4 room 4207. Second floor close to transport, garden view. Exactly what we requested.

I called Disney and they said since I didn't receive a flyer I could call the POFQ front desk (or the pretend number for the front desk) and they could issue issue one to me.

When I called the CM said that the likelihood was the deal was not happening at that time.

Disappointed at the free dining is what we long to get and I know we will be back next September.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #99
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by feet1 View Post
We left the same day! Building 2, rm 2232, corner room river view! Loved every minute of it!!

The bounce back offer was in the "be our guest guide" that was in the room, I believe on the dresser in front of the tv or maybe the table. But either way, the offer is in the booklet. You have to book before you check out though.
Is it fd bb ?
Old 10-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #100
feet1
Mouseketeer

Yep! I wish we could have booked it, but there is no way we can go again in a year.

1984 (I was 9) - off site
1989 - off site
1992 -CBR
2006 - POFQ
2007 - WL
Sept 19-27 2013 POFQ

feet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #101
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch Waffles View Post
Thank you for your response!

Building 4 room 4207. Second floor close to transport, garden view. Exactly what we requested.

I called Disney and they said since I didn't receive a flyer I could call the POFQ front desk (or the pretend number for the front desk) and they could issue issue one to me.

When I called the CM said that the likelihood was the deal was not happening at that time.

Disappointed at the free dining is what we long to get and I know we will be back next September.
I would call Disney reservations asap and ask for Guest Service....only guest service can help....even if the first CM says it is not possible, speak with guest service...beg if you have to. We have had this happen ....Guest Service was able see we had stayed and allowed us to book the BB. Worth a try! Good luck!!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #102
dani7776
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch Waffles View Post
Hello all,

We just left the great POFQ on Sept 27th. We did not receive a bounce back offer which I dismissed as a random event we were not selected for. After reading through the boards it seems that even though I didn't receive a flyer I could have still participated.
Is there anyone who may have stayed around the same time that can verify they were being distributed?
Thank you.
We stayed first week in Sept and there was no flyer or anything in our room ! Thank god for these Disboards I went to front desk and asked about bounce back offer and was able to get free dining 😊 call and ask its worth a shot good luck
dani7776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #103
Stitch Waffles
Earning My Ears

I got through to someone somewhere and after being put on hold they gave me the same phone number and code I found on another thread for the room-only discount.
In the same thread I discovered the free dining number and code and noticed that it doesn't apply to late September dates at Moderate resorts. Which doesn't work for me.
So I'm going to have to wait for offers to become available throughout the year.
For all those interested about bounce back offers. Comb through your check-in booklet, check your notices left at your door, and talk to the front desk before checking out to fully verify that there is or is not an offer available.
Thank you to those who reached out to help.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #104
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani7776 View Post
We stayed first week in Sept and there was no flyer or anything in our room ! Thank god for these Disboards I went to front desk and asked about bounce back offer and was able to get free dining
Quite. It is very rare that there isn't a bounce-back offer running, but they don't always make sure that rooms have the paperwork refreshed so it's always worth asking at the front desk if they have one.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #105
mi*vida*loca
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

We are going in August 2014. I'm not booked yet and still researching resorts. Once SO gets his vacation dates set in stone (in January) I will be booking.

Renting DVC points for AKL is at the top of my list but if that falls through I will be staying at POFQ. I would book POFQ if I had a RO discount but I know if those come out it's usually around May. So it's a toss up.

Love the thread.

10/2003 & 3/2008 - Offsite
3/2009 - CBR

8/2011 - CBR

mi*vida*loca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faq, french quarter, pofq, port orleans

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: