Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-24-2014, 06:24 PM   #976
JessicaW1234
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 143

Is there anything else they are doing? I'm hoping they might end the pool construction early.
JessicaW1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:50 PM   #977
eddh0713
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 17

Thanks, Andre

I don't post often but I have read virtually all of this thread as well as the one on faxing. Sent in my fax this morning as my wife and I and our two dear friends from Portland (we all live in Oregon) will be there from Jan29-Feb6 for our first ever trip. We are all between 58 and 71 years old and looking forward to a great trip. THANK YOU so much for all the valuable information.
Edd & Deborah, Craig & Lea
eddh0713 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-25-2014, 04:00 AM   #978
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,309

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaW1234 View Post
I'm hoping they might end the pool construction early.
It's possible of course, if everything goes really smoothly - but equally it could finish later (if they get delayed by poor weather for example). 28 Feb is just an estimated completion date at the moment.

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:31 PM   #979
BlueGiraffe
DIS Veteran
 
BlueGiraffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: London
Posts: 539

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddh0713
I don't post often but I have read virtually all of this thread as well as the one on faxing. Sent in my fax this morning as my wife and I and our two dear friends from Portland (we all live in Oregon) will be there from Jan29-Feb6 for our first ever trip. We are all between 58 and 71 years old and looking forward to a great trip. THANK YOU so much for all the valuable information.
Edd & Deborah, Craig & Lea
Have a great trip. I'm at 180 days and counting!
__________________
BlueGiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:49 PM   #980
TwoAtDisney
Julie
 
TwoAtDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brownsburg, Indiana
Posts: 714

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajo143 View Post
Is anyone at / recently stayed at the POFQ... Is the construction noise something we should worry about disrupting DS nap time?

Also, is there any schedule for mousekeeping ... ie which buildings are cleaned around what time... Trying to preserve nap time and routine as much as possible for DS2.
Mommajo, if you want a certain time reserved for naptime, call housekeeping every morning before 8:30am, & request your desired time frame, such as, "Please clean our room before 12 noon". Our requests have always been met. Only problem we have detected is the call needs to be made every day. We've tried requesting for our entire stay & it never happens every day.

Don't know about the construction noise, but -
1. Call Disney Reservations before your trip & request a building # (check the map for one that is away from the pool). No guarantee, but it's worth the time. We have always gotten our requests fulfilled, but then we don't request the popular buildings (bus, pool, food court) - weird us, we actually prefer close to the parking lot!

2. When you check in, ask if you are close to the pool. If so, request a room change - usually happens unless you arrive late in the day/night.

Good luck & enjoy!
TwoAtDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:00 PM   #981
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran
 
pwdebbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: between Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 3,098

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddh0713 View Post
I don't post often but I have read virtually all of this thread as well as the one on faxing. Sent in my fax this morning as my wife and I and our two dear friends from Portland (we all live in Oregon) will be there from Jan29-Feb6 for our first ever trip. We are all between 58 and 71 years old and looking forward to a great trip. THANK YOU so much for all the valuable information.
Edd & Deborah, Craig & Lea
You will love POFQ. We are late 50s/early60s and dh will not stay anywhere else.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:08 PM   #982
scard192
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,845

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajo143 View Post
Is anyone at / recently stayed at the POFQ... Is the construction noise something we should worry about disrupting DS nap time?

Also, is there any schedule for mousekeeping ... ie which buildings are cleaned around what time... Trying to preserve nap time and routine as much as possible for DS2.
we were in Bldg 4, not near the pool and bus stop was behind that building.

My 2 year old niece was still napping and every morning when we were ready to leave the room I called mousekeeping and politely asked if our room could be taken care of by 1-1:30 as we had a little one that we would be bringing back for an afternoon nap. 5 of the 6 days our room was done when we came back, the other day they were just finishing up.

resort map (and tons of other good stuff) can be found here

http://www.portorleans.org/frenchquarter-info.php
__________________
scard192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:11 PM   #983
chuckinthechat
Mouseketeer
 
chuckinthechat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 195

I remember there were pictures of the newer rooms (without the comforter) but, does anyone remember where they were?

Andre, I just checked your site and I wasn't able to find them yet.

Thanks Everyone!
__________________
chuckinthechat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:41 PM   #984
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,269

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinthechat View Post
I remember there were pictures of the newer rooms (without the comforter) but, does anyone remember where they were?

Andre, I just checked your site and I wasn't able to find them yet.

Thanks Everyone!
Check out post #909 of this thread.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:52 PM   #985
DemonLlama
Ultimate WPASADI Co-Winner
I Miss WDW!
Needs to catch up to Dan Murphy's post count
The Lizard Queen
Magnificent Creativear
 
DemonLlama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,861

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonLlama View Post
My comparison probably skips over multiple refurbs in between, but this is 2006 and 2014 side by side:

DemonLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:49 PM   #986
chuckinthechat
Mouseketeer
 
chuckinthechat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonLlama View Post
Perfect!

Thank you.
__________________
chuckinthechat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:05 AM   #987
mommajo143
Mouseketeer
 
mommajo143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 313

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
we were in Bldg 4, not near the pool and bus stop was behind that building. My 2 year old niece was still napping and every morning when we were ready to leave the room I called mousekeeping and politely asked if our room could be taken care of by 1-1:30 as we had a little one that we would be bringing back for an afternoon nap. 5 of the 6 days our room was done when we came back, the other day they were just finishing up. resort map (and tons of other good stuff) can be found here http://www.portorleans.org/frenchquarter-info.php
Great idea - def will do that this trip! We requested bldg 4 and have our fingers crossed but also know there are only so many rooms so we have no way to know for sure if we will get our preferred bldg or not. Never made a request for a special area before... Always have had a great room though. Mostly just wanting to avoid midday noise if we can :-)
__________________
CBR Pirates Room DS3 DH & I 9/2010
POR Royal Room DS18m, DS5, DH, MIL, FIL & I 11/2012
POFQ 2/21-3/4/2014 DS 2, DS 6, DH & ME
Fall 2014 10 Yr Anniv Trip! planning in progress...


mommajo143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:10 AM   #988
mommajo143
Mouseketeer
 
mommajo143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 313

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoAtDisney View Post
Mommajo, if you want a certain time reserved for naptime, call housekeeping every morning before 8:30am, & request your desired time frame, such as, "Please clean our room before 12 noon". Our requests have always been met. Only problem we have detected is the call needs to be made every day. We've tried requesting for our entire stay & it never happens every day. Don't know about the construction noise, but - 1. Call Disney Reservations before your trip & request a building # (check the map for one that is away from the pool). No guarantee, but it's worth the time. We have always gotten our requests fulfilled, but then we don't request the popular buildings (bus, pool, food court) - weird us, we actually prefer close to the parking lot! 2. When you check in, ask if you are close to the pool. If so, request a room change - usually happens unless you arrive late in the day/night. Good luck & enjoy!
Unfortunately our flight arrives at MIDNIGHT! I'm hoping for the best and if we get our preference
( bldg 4 ) great - But as long as we are not directly in the pool area we will be very happy. And if we are by the pool we will make the best if it! The furthest bldg at POFQ is closer than the rooms we had at CBR & POR and we loved our rooms on both those trips. . .so no worries. I think POFQ is so small that all the areas are an easy walking distance to buses, even with little ones.
:-)

Thanks on ideas for calling - never occurred to me they could do that and will absolutely call this trip.
__________________
CBR Pirates Room DS3 DH & I 9/2010
POR Royal Room DS18m, DS5, DH, MIL, FIL & I 11/2012
POFQ 2/21-3/4/2014 DS 2, DS 6, DH & ME
Fall 2014 10 Yr Anniv Trip! planning in progress...


mommajo143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:02 AM   #989
adc
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 189

Do the hair dryers in the rooms work well? I don't want to pack one if I don't have to!

We leave on Saturday!!!!!! It is supposed to be 80 degrees.

Thanks for all the great info!
adc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:49 AM   #990
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,309

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Do the hair dryers in the rooms work well? I don't want to pack one if I don't have to!
They work well enough, but they are not super high powered so if you've got tons of long bushy hair, might not be quite powerful enough for you.

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
faq, french quarter, pofq, port orleans



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: