Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2014, 12:37 PM   #916
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
We did have softer blankets under the sheets
I know that the blanket is under the sheet, but to me having the sheet on top with no comforter or bedspread over it looks unfinished.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:45 PM   #917
BlueGiraffe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
the blanket is under the sheet
Is it like a blanket sandwich, with a sheet, blanket and then top sheet? Or is it a blanket and then a sheet?
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2014, 03:09 PM   #918
TwoAtDisney
Julie

Is this correct?

top = sheet
below top sheet = blanket?
below blanket = us?

That sounds yucky! The sheets are cleaned for each new guests. Blankets are not always cleaned & blankets are next to our bodies????

We hated the bedspreads. Those probably were rarely cleaned. For sanitation sake we always folded them up as soon as we arrived & stored them on the bath shelf. YUK! I'm assuming the cost of laundry is why a lot of hotels are/have eliminating/ed bedspreads.
TwoAtDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:35 PM   #919
karly05
DIS Veteran

My understanding is that it's sheet-blanket-sheet - in other words, same as before, but with a top sheet and scarf replacing the bedspread. (FWIW, that's how it was at the BC in 2012.)

The new pic just posted looks nicer than I expected.
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
karly05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:36 PM   #920
Tarheel girl 1975
Supposed Former Fastpass Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoAtDisney View Post
Is this correct?

top = sheet
below blanket = us?

That sounds yucky! The sheets are cleaned for each new guests. Blankets are not always cleaned & blankets are next to our bodies????

We hated the bedspreads. Those probably were rarely cleaned. For sanitation sake we always folded them up as soon as we arrived & stored them on the bath shelf. YUK! I'm assuming the cost of laundry is why a lot of hotels are/have eliminating/ed bedspreads.
There is a sheet under the blanket. We haven't stayed at POFQ yet, but they had the same set up at Pop and BC last time we were there. We thought they looked nice.
Previous Trips: 1990 Disneyland Hotel, 1991 Magic Music Days, 1996 Magic Music Days, Oct 2008 POP, May 2009 Poly, Sept. 2009 BWI, January 2011 CBR, Sept/Oct 2012 POR, Sept/Oct 2013 Beach Club Upcoming Trips: Sept/Oct 2014 POFQ and YC
Tarheel girl 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:41 PM   #921
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

LOVE the new look! Looks much more expensive/classy to me. And I always hated dealing with those big, heavy, DIRTY comforters!

POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-August 2014!!!!
mom2AidanAndEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:09 PM   #922
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Anyone fit 2 pack & plays?

We will be at POFQ in May and will need 2 pack and plays for my twins. Just wondering if anyone has used two in one of these rooms and how much of a pain it was. They fit fine at BC last year, we just had to close one during the day and then we kept the other open and tossed the kids toys in it. I know the mod rooms are a little smaller.

Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:17 PM   #923
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoAtDisney View Post
Is this correct?

top = sheet
below blanket = us?

we loved the bedspreads, oddly enough this is sometimes one of things that really differentiates theming in rooms between resorts and sections of resorts. I very much loved the bedspreads in POR Mansions section, was not the biggest fan of those in AB.

The white just looks FAR too sterile, there is no appeal, nothing to draw me in or add to the room
Old 01-18-2014, 09:27 PM   #924
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
We will be at POFQ in May and will need 2 pack and plays for my twins. Just wondering if anyone has used two in one of these rooms and how much of a pain it was. They fit fine at BC last year, we just had to close one during the day and then we kept the other open and tossed the kids toys in it. I know the mod rooms are a little smaller.
I'm way off topic and I have no idea about the room size. But I just had to say I remember those days of hauling around two pack n plays! (Along with two of everything else! ) My twin boys are 20 now. Sure goes fast!

Anyway, looking forward to our stay at POFQ!
Old 01-19-2014, 04:14 AM   #925
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe1 View Post

Thanks for that. I saw the POR without the scarf, at least the scarf doesn't make the white appear like a half made bed.
We were here in the nineties 3 times then 2005 2006 2011 2012 2013 ... Just like Gbye nineties I say Gbye to,bed bug covering unwashed heavy comforters. Cheers to change and advancements... It's about being at Disney not a heavy ole comforter. There's plenty of beautiful ambience at pofq. With or without a heavy comforter.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:11 AM   #926
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
LOVE the new look! Looks much more expensive/classy to me. And I always hated dealing with those big, heavy, DIRTY comforters!
It looks more "bland corporate hotel chain" to me - the sort of thing I'd expect to see at a mid-range hotel chain which is trying to look modern and trendy, but ends up looking just like everywhere else. It chips away at the charm and immersive theming - and I'm sorry, but just laying a strip of material across the end of the bed doesn't really make up for the rest of the expanse of sterile hospital white.

Don't get me wrong, I won't miss the heavy and infrequently washed comforters in themselves, but WDW should have at least switched to a lighter-weight themed top cover with matching pillow cases - or even a duvet/cover arrangement rather than tucked in sheets at all.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:35 AM   #927
mommajo143
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We had one pack & play at POR last year, it was a tight squeeze- we moved the bench to the "closet" left the suitcase open in top & used as dirty clothes hamper. Put pack & play in spot where the branch was. I suppose you could wedge a second pack & play by the table/TV/door which is where we kept our stroller. We had an adjoining room with DMIL / DFIL which made space on one side of bed unusable bc door /DS5 & DS2 walking back & forth between rooms but that may be an option. Bottom line it's possible but like you said, it'll be pretty cramped between luggage, diapers/pull-ups, clothes, kids & beds. If do-able you may consider asking for the bed rails and putting twins in a bed with the rails?
:-)
Fall 2014 10 Yr Anniv Trip! planning in progress...

mommajo143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:06 AM   #928
zy144622
Mouseketeer

Quote:
With 1 Pack n play we placed it in the corner blocking the connecting door we were not going to use. With a second I could see it fitting between the queen beds.
zy144622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:53 AM   #929
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
It looks more "bland corporate hotel chain" to me - the sort of thing I'd expect to see at a mid-range hotel chain which is trying to look modern and trendy, but ends up looking just like everywhere else. It chips away at the charm and immersive theming - and I'm sorry, but just laying a strip of material across the end of the bed doesn't really make up for the rest of the expanse of sterile hospital white.

Don't get me wrong, I won't miss the heavy and infrequently washed comforters in themselves, but WDW should have at least switched to a lighter-weight themed top cover with matching pillow cases - or even a duvet/cover arrangement rather than tucked in sheets at all.

Andre
As a designer, I agree. The new bedding is bland and not well themed. Disney has always prided itself on their ability to tell a story in every little detail. This bedding does not do that. It is no different then any other bedding at any other hotel. There is nothing there that stands out. Personally, I think it was a bad decision and choice.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:07 AM   #930
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

Andre
I agree. And I don't see how tucked in sheets look more expensive/classy. To me it looks less expensive/classy - like they couldn't afford more than just sheets. Those scarf things look like they're pretty lightweight - why not make them big enough to cover the entire bed?
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faq, french quarter, pofq, port orleans

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: