Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2014, 10:51 AM   #886
whodatdare
Mouseketeer

So, our first stay at POFQ will be this June. Very excited after reading everything I can find about this place... So, correct me if I'm wrong, but...

1) It is a really small resort, so wherever we're at we should have a short walk anywhere (unlike CBR where it took 20 minutes to walk from our resort to the main building/pool).

2) POFQ has its own bus stop and doesn't typically share with Riverside during busy times. So, it should, again, be much nicer than CBR.

3) The WiFi is easy to pick up.

4) It is absolutely stunning. From the pics I've seen, it is about the loveliest resort. Quaint and calm.

5) The boat system seems really great when visiting DTD.

Anything I'm missing?

whodatdare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:20 AM   #887
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

Were there in Dec. And everything you said is true. It is beautiful. Also POR is a short walk and you can use their pools. Also there is a marina over there to rent boats, a fishing hole for kids, and entertainment in their lounge at night. We ate lunch at that food court one day too.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2014, 11:29 AM   #888
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

I think you're right on with everything there! It was our first trip to POFQ in August and we absolutely loved it. And, yes, you can walk to POR for their pools, food court, gift shop, etc., if you want a change of pace.

In our week, we only shared one outgoing bus with POR. And after having to stop 4 times in POR, I realized I wouldn't want to stay there and have to do that each time! And if you do share returning from a park, you're always the first drop off.

The boat to DTD is great. Just know that when you go, you'll stop at POR before heading to DTD (actually, this is another option if you want to visit POR!). So if you're using this to get to a dining reservation, be sure to allow plenty of time. On the way back from DTD, you're the first stop.

POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-August 2014!!!!
mom2AidanAndEli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:47 AM   #889
whodatdare
Mouseketeer

Wow, thanks... this place is getting dreamier all the time! We're going to play a youtube video for the kids when it gets closer... any suggestions on a good one w/music that will show most of POFQ resort?

I love this site!!!

Old 01-14-2014, 12:26 PM   #890
karly05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodatdare View Post
Wow, thanks... this place is getting dreamier all the time! We're going to play a youtube video for the kids when it gets closer... any suggestions on a good one w/music that will show most of POFQ resort?

I love this site!!!
I love the one on Allearsnet - The music starts with "Down in New Orleans" from Princess & the Frog. It's about 10 minutes, and I watched it over and over before my first POFQ stay last year.
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
2015 - POFQ - As P&F say: Carpe Diem! 4 Parks in a Day

karly05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:21 PM   #891
summersalt
DIS Veteran

Single digits!!

DH DD ME Sandy
summersalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:08 PM   #892
whodatdare
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
Single digits!!
i'm jealous

Old 01-14-2014, 02:09 PM   #893
whodatdare
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karly05 View Post
I love the one on Allearsnet - The music starts with "Down in New Orleans" from Princess & the Frog. It's about 10 minutes, and I watched it over and over before my first POFQ stay last year.
Great, thank you! I'm going to check it out!

Old 01-15-2014, 07:48 AM   #894
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by karly05 View Post
I like that one too. There are also some great ones by PopSong (I think I spelled that right as per the channel).

Portorleans.org has a section where you can see what music they play at the resort. Because we are big fans and regularly returning guests, I actually bought both CD's

Nearly at the 5 month mark. This count down is just taking forever!!
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:50 AM   #895
whodatdare
Mouseketeer

I'm thinking about requesting building 3 or 4. Seems like a really short walk to the bus stop/main building. I don't think I'd like to be in building 7 as it appears to be farthest from EVERYTHING.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:21 AM   #896
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm thinking about requesting building 3 or 4. Seems like a really short walk to the bus stop/main building. I don't think I'd like to be in building 7 as it appears to be farthest from EVERYTHING.
I was in building 7 last January, in the room closest to POR. It still wasn't a bad walk at all to the main building.
geckodani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:42 PM   #897
whodatdare
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckodani View Post
I was in building 7 last January, in the room closest to POR. It still wasn't a bad walk at all to the main building.
cool, thanks! Would you choose that building again, or would you prefer a different one? It looks like it would be in a calm area : )

Old 01-15-2014, 01:41 PM   #898
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Quote:
cool, thanks! Would you choose that building again, or would you prefer a different one? It looks like it would be in a calm area : )
It was INSANELY quiet. For reference, we were here:

It was a King size room, and I think technically a River View. I don't know that I'd go out of my way to request it, but I certainly wouldn't be upset to be in that area again. I've been in buildings 1 and 7, and while 1 was nominally closer to the main building, I think 7 was quieter. It was a pleasant walk along the river to the pool too.
geckodani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:33 PM   #899
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckodani View Post
It was a King size room, and I think technically a River View. I don't know that I'd go out of my way to request it, but I certainly wouldn't be upset to be in that area again. I've been in buildings 1 and 7, and while 1 was nominally closer to the main building, I think 7 was quieter. It was a pleasant walk along the river to the pool too.
I got building 7 one time and I was basically around the corner from you (room 7103) and I didn't think it was a long walk at all. According to Andre's site, "even the furthest rooms in building 7 are still only a 350 yard walk from the main facilities so you can still get back to the food court within five minutes."
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #900
summerlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We stayed in building 7, room 7130, in 2011 and quite enjoyed the location. Extremely quiet and not a very long walk to the main building and a straight short walk to a nice bench overlooking the river, lovely place for an early morning coffee. I doubt I'd request bldg. 7 again but I wouldn't be upset if that was all I could get. On the other hand, we were in building 4 in 2013 and could be in the food court in about 30 seconds and that's what I requested for our stay next month. Oh my. I can actually say "next month" already!

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~POFQ September 2015~
summerlady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faq, french quarter, pofq, port orleans

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: