Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #751
vicky33006
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyblue View Post
I'm not going to cancel or throw a fit, but I'm slightly irritated with the pool closure. I do not deny the need for refurbishment, but I wish it had been mentioned somewhere when I made our reservation. I have searched a bit on the WDW website and have found no obvious listing of resort refurbs. The only place I've heard of it is on here.
I feel exactly the same way. And we have tried to change resorts. CMs tell us there is no refurb happening, so not only are they not telling people... They have no idea! We aren't switching either. It's too late now to get our discount at a other resort

vicky33006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 04:25 AM   #752
BlueGiraffe
DIS Veteran

Do resort beds already have some sort of waterproof mattress protector? If not, can I request one, or do I need to take my own?

We will be going with 4yr old DD and 2yr old DS (come next summer). I don't know if DS will be out of nappies by then, but wanted to have something on the bed, just to be on the safe side, in case accidents happen.
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #753
Lisa71
Adoption Rocks!

I would pack a hospital type washable chux pad..we use one on our son's bed and he has CP so not trained yet..hoping someday..it is easier than an entire liner and does the job.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #754
robinstrip
Earning My Ears

We are leaving on the ME right now after an awesome trip!! POFQ was amazing! All of the CMs were extremely helpful, clean rooms, great service all around. I would love to stay here again. The only real wait we had was leaving MK this morning. We were at the bus stop @ 11AM and had to wait almost 30 minutes on a bus and then they switched drivers. ME was leaving at 12:10 so we were getting nervous, but it all worked out great. Thank God for an awesome trip, very little wait times, and great moments of magic for our 5 year old DS!
robinstrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #755
Eastern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I've just created updated an PDF file of the POFQ building floorplans, now including Connecting Room details - would anyone like to check it out while I'm still working on the pop-up image versions for the site?

Click here for French Quarter v2.0

Andre
I love how you have organized this. It makes me realize why I might get the room choice I get, even when I asked for something else. Some combinations are just not compatible, or rare.

On this trip I have asked for standard, connecting rooms near the food court. Looking at your diagram, it would be bldg 3 or 4 since both have a lot of standard rooms, but more likely 3, because there are more connecting, standard view rooms than bldg 4.

Last time I booked a GV room, requested bldg 3 or 4, near transportation, and got bldg 5, which I didn't really want, but it looks like there are a lot of GV rooms available there.
Eastern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #756
Momtomouselover
DIS Veteran

Our trip is in just a few days and I'm trying to decide between hiring a car or taking ME. Does anyone know about how long it takes to get to the FQ from MCO? I can't remember the drop off route and shared resorts with ME. We have reservations for late lunch/early dinner at the MK at 3:50 and flight arrives at noon. What do you guys think?
Momtomouselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:24 PM   #757
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

We were there a couple of weeks ago and from landing to resort about 1:15. We stopped at OKW and Saratoga Springs. It is a beautiful resort and we loved it. Never shared buses with Riverside. Have a great trip!
Old 12-15-2013, 05:10 PM   #758
Momtomouselover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy View Post
We were there a couple of weeks ago and from landing to resort about 1:15. We stopped at OKW and Saratoga Springs. It is a beautiful resort and we loved it. Never shared buses with Riverside. Have a great trip!
Thanks! So we are looking at 1-1.5 hrs from what I gather. I just checked our reservations and they are actually at 2:50 not 3:50. Arrive at noon and 2:50 reservations at MK. This will be tight!
Old 12-15-2013, 05:14 PM   #759
karly05
DIS Veteran

In February this year, from gate to resort on DME my trip was right around 90 minutes, with stops at OKW and SSR before POFQ. It's going to vary somewhat based on how long you have to wait for a bus and how long the bus waits to load passengers.
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
2015 - POFQ - As P&F say: Carpe Diem! 4 Parks in a Day

karly05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 05:19 PM   #760
Momtomouselover
DIS Veteran

So if we land at noon and hightail it to ME and it takes 2 hrs from gate to resort we would arrive at 2. We would need to check in, drop carry ons in the room, get to the bus stop and travel to MK, get thru bag check and gates (with hopefully working bands, lol) then walk briskly to the Liberty Inn. Possible, yes, plausible....hmmm. I wonder if there is leeway in checking in for adr's? Maybe we should cancel and eat waffles
Old 12-15-2013, 05:41 PM   #761
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtomouselover View Post
So if we land at noon and hightail it to ME and it takes 2 hrs from gate to resort we would arrive at 2. We would need to check in, drop carry ons in the room, get to the bus stop and travel to MK, get thru bag check and gates (with hopefully working bands, lol) then walk briskly to the Liberty Inn. Possible, yes, plausible....hmmm. I wonder if there is leeway in checking in for adr's? Maybe we should cancel and eat waffles
Is it held with a credit card? If not, keep it and try. If it is, then no way in heck would I risk the no show charge.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #762
Momtomouselover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
Is it held with a credit card? If not, keep it and try. If it is, then no way in heck would I risk the no show charge.
No, it is not. We made it before the requirement. I just noticed another potential problem and that is they switch to the dinner menu at 3. We really wanted lunch and not dinner. Isn't 3 early for a switch to dinner? Urg! Has anyone eaten close to the switch time? I wonder how that is handled. I guess I should post on restaurant board.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #763
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

In August, we landed at 10:00, took ME to the POFQ, checked in. Room wasn't ready, so we checked our carry-ons in at the resort for holding. Caught the bus to MK and were walking down Main Street by noon! I remember commenting how quickly it all seemed to go.

In your case, though, traveling this time of year, I'd be more worried about flight delays than anything. One delayed flight and your whole schedule could be thrown off!

POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-2014, POFQ-August 2015!!!!
mom2AidanAndEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #764
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

We arrived last week Tues. It took 40 mins once the bus started moving from airport to when we reached FQ. But we sat on the bus for at least 15 min before it started moving. Last year it took 1 hr 45 min from boarding the bus to arriving at FQ. My suggestion would be to reschedule your LTT if you can. You never know if your flight is going to be delayed or if anything else will delay your trip. To find out if your reservation is lunch or dinner, go to the LTT page on the dinning section of the wdw web page. On the bottom right corner of the page you'll see a calendar with dining hours. Enter the date of your visit and it will list lunch & dinner hours.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:17 PM   #765
ncc1701
Scotty I need Warp 10 to WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtomouselover
That is with assuming your flight is on time. You can go to DTD for lunch or go to MK and do a CS. Personally I never plan the anything within a couple of hours of arrival. Maybe look to getting a later time if you really want to do LI on arrival day.

Tags
faq, french quarter, pofq, port orleans

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: