Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2013, 01:38 PM   #46
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

October 2013 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules for POFQ (inc Halloween)

The October 2013 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules for Port Orleans French Quarter are now available, including special Halloween activities. See the main Recreation Activities Schedule page for full-size PDF version, or click on the image below.

The evening campfires commence at 6pm this month, and the Movies Under the Stars will be screened at 8pm (except for Halloween which will be 7pm/9pm).

Halloween Activities for 31 October include:
  • Disney Character Meet & Greets
  • Candy Corn Guessing Contests
  • Scavenger Hunts
  • Cake Walks
  • Monster Mash Dance Party
  • Costume Contest (all ages)
  • Pumpkin Decorating & Crafts
  • Trick-or-Treating
  • Haunted Campfires

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #47
Lintasare
Holy
Hello. My name is Inigo Peeptoya...you ate my father...prepare to die
Ok fess up...who killed the riddle?

Just returned yesterday from a 1 week stay at French Quarter. The resort as always was beautiful. We had booked two king rooms and a pool view 2 queen room on the military discount. All rooms were in building 2 on the first floor. They tried to keep us close so my parents were in 2126, a corner room with a garden and river view. My brother and his girlfriend were in room 2123, corner room with garden views. My sister and I were in 2129 with a river view directly across the path from the boat launch. Great room locations.

Tried to link our paper UCT tickets to our room keys at the concierge desk and they did not know how to do it. So we went to Epcot Guest Relations. They couldn't link them but gave us green RFID tickets instead. So that worked out.

My sister and I liked the food court but my brother did not. He wanted a real breakfast as he put it. Hated the food. Then got mad when he found out the MSB was just a "flipping" Starbucks. Whatever, can't please everyone.

Spent time at the pool, it is just what the doctor ordered for tired feet at the end of the day. There were times it was a bit cold but I really enjoyed my pool time.

Had no issues with Mousekeeping and the one time I did walk in on our mousekeeper she offered to continue since she had just gotten there. I asked for some fresh towels as I do not care if my bed is made or not since I never make my bed at home.

The weather was a bit soggy but it never bothered me. I put on my poncho and soldiered on.

So all in all we, with the exception of my brother who is not a Disney fan but was dragged along had a great stay.

Lintasare is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #48
FiggieFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
His name is Arniel

We love him too
Thanks and pixie dust!

FiggieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #49
AMB1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by averill94 View Post
You will be surprised that you have room! Our family of four which includes a 10 yr old and a 16 yr old had enough room! The three drawers, the closet area (we hang a fair amount of shirts up) with the shelf on top are enough. We store one suitcase under the bench and one on top. We put a plastic inside of one of the suitcases for dirty laundry. If you really are in need of more room, you can leave a filled suitcase on top of the bench for easy access. TO store more luggage, there is a space between the wall and the air/heating unit by the window!
Have a magical time!!!!
Thanks. I've no doubt that we will have enough space, it is just that I usually keep all the clutter hidden behind closed closet doors. I was also hoping to pack our cruise clothes in seperate suitcases and just shove them under the bed, out of the way, while we are at POFQ. No big deal though.

2014 Disney Magic/POFQ
2013 Disney Wonder Alaska
2012 Beach Club
2010 Contemporary
2009 Grand Floridian
2005 Boardwalk Inn
AMB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:15 PM   #50
Sue M
DIS Veteran

There is enough room between the bed & wall to stow suitcases out of the way. You can also leave your packed cruise luggage with Bell Service to store.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:29 PM   #51
GirlDreamer
DIS Veteran

I wish nov. 2014 would hurry up

WDW CM: Feb. 2006 - March 2007 and Aug. 2008 - May 2009 Previous trips: Feb. 2007 (Saratoga Springs), Sept. 2007 (Off-site), Sept. 2010 (POP), Sept. 2012 (POFQ) Next trip: Disneymoon 2014 Nov 13th - Dec 4th @POFQ and Dec 4th - 6th AoA Little Mermaid room
GirlDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #52
webcreatrix
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Pool View rooms are very centrally located in buildings 2 and 5, but only on the top two floors in case that makes a difference to you (the kids can't just run out of the door and straight to the pool area).

Andre
Thanks for clarifying, Andre. Love your site - it's very helpful!

June 2012: A week at Wyndham BC
August 2011: 1 night Hilton BC, 4 nights Polynesian, 3 nights HRH
June 2010: 9 nights @ Windsor Hills
August 2009: ASMo - Two rooms, 3 kids, free dining
December 2000: ASMu - 4 parks, 4 days
1977: FL Resident, Bicentennial celebration
1972: FL Resident, 1st visit
webcreatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #53
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Quote:
The fountain is still there, the new campfire is at the other end of the lawn - just next to building 5, nearer to the river.

Andre
Yep, and the fountain was drained and repainted (black) a few days ago. As of yesterday, they hadn't refilled the water yet
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
lisalonglash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:09 PM   #54
ihearthatter
Earning My Ears

Just curious - anyone have any vegetarian feedback as far as the on site restaurant? I mean, I'm sure I could subsist on beignets alone but just in case...
ihearthatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:17 AM   #55
BlueGiraffe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlDreamer
As long as it goes slowly while we're there for July/Aug and then it can whizz by to Nov ;-)
Old 09-30-2013, 03:13 AM   #56
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Magic Band Day!

Good Luck to all the French Quarter cast members (and all the extras who will no doubt get drafted in too) for the launch of Magic Bands at FQ today.

On the plus side, I believe many of them will have been swapping over to the POR front desk over the last few weeks, so they should at least have a head-start on other resorts rather than coming into the system completely cold.

Hope it all goes well!

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:41 AM   #57
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good Luck to all the French Quarter cast members (and all the extras who will no doubt get drafted in too) for the launch of Magic Bands at FQ today.

On the plus side, I believe many of them will have been swapping over to the POR front desk over the last few weeks, so they should at least have a head-start on other resorts rather than coming into the system completely cold.

Hope it all goes well!

Andre
I will be there in 19 days to see how they are doing. LOL.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:23 AM   #58
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihearthatter View Post
Just curious - anyone have any vegetarian feedback as far as the on site restaurant? I mean, I'm sure I could subsist on beignets alone but just in case...
Allears.net has full menus for all the wdw restaurants and quick service. I haven't paid much attention, but the have flatbreads, and over at POR (an easy walk) they have my fav Make Your Own Pasta Bar. Lots of veggies to choose from, and if you eat seafood, shrimp is an option.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #59
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlDreamer View Post
Same here! Can't we just skip the first 8 months of 2014?
Old 09-30-2013, 11:10 AM   #60
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihearthatter View Post
Not many vegetarian options I'm afraid. I'd make do with salads and the cornbread but not much else is vegetarian friendly, specially at dinner time. Breakfast is better if you eat dairy/eggs.

Tags
faq, french quarter, pofq, port orleans

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: