Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #376
FireWife70
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

Not as far as I know, I don't think any have stopped completely, but some are trialling giving out bands only to some guests.

Andre
From everything I have been reading on the boards, even the resorts that are trying the "band only" approach will give KTTW cards, if asked. Some are just not doing it automatically though.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:29 PM   #377
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132
I'm wondering if an ecv will fit in the room I'm not sure how big they( ecv) really are.we have a Riverroom, wondering if I should try for a king bed to allow extra space. Any advice
We thought the same thing, but didn't get a king. We backed the ecv in between the tv cabinet and the table & chairs, which we moved a little. It worked fine but there wasn't a lot of room.

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Yellowstonetim is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #378
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstonetim View Post

We thought the same thing, but didn't get a king. We backed the ecv in between the tv cabinet and the table & chairs, which we moved a little. It worked fine but there wasn't a lot of room.
Ty for your input
Old 10-29-2013, 06:55 AM   #379
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Time to take out the luggage POFQ we will see you next week. My little salamander friends we are coming bak. Lol
Old 10-29-2013, 08:03 AM   #380
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Arcade

this is a silly question for my child. How is the arcade at FQ in comparison to Riverside? And does the pool have fun activities for the children at FQ as well?
firstwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #381
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
this is a silly question for my child. How is the arcade at FQ in comparison to Riverside? And does the pool have fun activities for the children at FQ as well?
don't know about the arcade but there was a lot of fun pool stuff for the kids at FQ, check out the monthly schedule here
http://www.portorleans.org/
scard192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:38 AM   #382
donnaf516
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We didn't go to the arcade at the Riverside when we stayed there so I can't compare but my kids (6 &11) had fun the FQ arcade. Didn't spent a lot of time there but probably about and hour, twice.

They LOVED the pool games!

August 2010 - POR O August 2011 - CBR O February 2012 - Pop O August 2012 - BC O August 2013 - POFQ O August 2014 - POFQ O December 2014 - AOA
donnaf516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #383
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

The pool games are great for the kids. I confess to enjoying lying on a lounger an a slothful state, sipping a cold drink and trying to answer the Trivia questions on my mind as they play

It's great because they can swim in between during any games or activities they are less interested in and then run back around to join in for what they like.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #384
FireWife70
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
The pool games are great for the kids. I confess to enjoying lying on a lounger an a slothful state, sipping a cold drink and trying to answer the Trivia questions on my mind as they play

It's great because they can swim in between during any games or activities they are less interested in and then run back around to join in for what they like.
I saw your ticker before, and just wanted to say Congrats on kicking the smokes!
Old 10-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #385
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info on the arcade and pool games. it rained a lot but we spent an hour one day at the por arcade. we loved our stay at Riverside but have an opportunity to stay at FQ with a good discount. Just wasn't sure if we would wish we were over at riverside. We did eat at FQ and thought it was nice. The kiddo would probably prefer the slide at riverside though and I know we want to rent a sea raycers and maybe a surry bike so maybe it's silly to stay at FQ! So confused!!!!
Old 10-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #386
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

I guess my question is: what makes FQ special and appealing for kids ? I have a boy in second grade. Thanks!
And do they have the pitch burst water balloon game at the pool- we love that silly game!
Old 10-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #387
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Not as far as I know, I don't think any have stopped completely, but some are trialling giving out bands only to some guests.

Andre
hey Andre
just wanted to let you know i have been viewing your portorleans.org site for years. Nice info page you have created there
Old 10-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #388
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I guess my question is: what makes FQ special and appealing for kids ? I have a boy in second grade. Thanks!
And do they have the pitch burst water balloon game at the pool- we love that silly game!
if you go to Andres site Portorleans.org you can see the november schedule showing all the activities
Old 10-29-2013, 04:07 PM   #389
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I guess I would say that you can still go over and enjoy the amenities of POR any time you want. But I absolutely loved the small size of POFQ. One bus stop instead of 4. Easy walk from any room to the arcade, pool, food court, gift shop, etc. No hike to refill the mugs. Easy walk from the bus stop after a long day at the parks.

Lots of activities, nightly movies, campfire, boat ride to DTD. And you get gold doubloons or beads in the lobby!

POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-2014, POFQ-August 2015!!!!
mom2AidanAndEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #390
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
hey Andre
just wanted to let you know i have been viewing your portorleans.org site for years. Nice info page you have created there
Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it, and glad you have found the site useful.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faq, french quarter, pofq, port orleans

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: