Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #301
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Well I will get to stay at POFQ longer than had planned. Originally, we were going to be there from Oct 25-28, now we will be there Oct 20-28, thanks to DCL canceling our cruise.

At least since our cruise is canceled we still have a nice place to go.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #302
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMMC View Post
We were just there beginning of October and thought the rooms looked so nice with the comforters. We didn't use them either- but they really added to the room.
I guess I'm one of the only people that actually slept under them! I actually need the weight of a heavier comforter in a cool room to sleep well - maybe that's what comes from being a New Englander! If the room is too warm, regardless of the blanket/sheet, I can't sleep. I love the weight - makes me feel secure!

Luckily, they still had the spread two weeks ago!
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #303
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
I guess I'm one of the only people that actually slept under them! I actually need the weight of a heavier comforter in a cool room to sleep well - maybe that's what comes from being a New Englander! If the room is too warm, regardless of the blanket/sheet, I can't sleep. I love the weight - makes me feel secure!

Luckily, they still had the spread two weeks ago!
Nope, I sleep under mine. DD moves hers off the bed, but I'm a bit laid back with stuff like that and also like the weight of the covers

Wow, Taylor that really stinks that your cruise got canceled I'm glad you managed to arrange a longer land stay. That was kind of short notice wasn't it? I saw something about it somewhere today but didn't stop to read it. Was that the one you were booked on?
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #304
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
Nope, I sleep under mine. DD moves hers off the bed, but I'm a bit laid back with stuff like that and also like the weight of the covers

Wow, Taylor that really stinks that your cruise got canceled I'm glad you managed to arrange a longer land stay. That was kind of short notice wasn't it? I saw something about it somewhere today but didn't stop to read it. Was that the one you were booked on?
Yes we were booked on the Magic cruise. It was supposed to be the first cruise after drydock for the Magic. I am so disappointed and even more so now dealing with Disney. Right now I am still out a little over $1000 due to the cruise being canceled. Trying to work with Disney on this.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:34 AM   #305
Eastern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Still, what a waste. I wonder if they would sell us 2 of the purple ones for home
Maybe we will see them at TJMaxx!
Eastern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:10 AM   #306
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

In-Room Fridge Replacement Update (POFQ done, POR at 40%)

If you are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter, you should now be OK. All rooms should now have working fridges installed, although staff do still need to do a 100% room audit next week to confirm that their inventory lists are fully correct. But there should no longer be any need to make special requests.

Port Orleans Riverside guests, however, are not going to be so lucky. There has been no improvement at POR over the last month or so, and the number of rooms with working fridges currently stands at around 40%. About half of these are needed to help satisfy guests with medical or other special requirements (including moving fridges around between guest stays) so the 'random chance' of you happening to get a working fridge is currently only about 20%.

Maintenance staff have now physically removed the old affected units (rather than leaving them in situ with a warning letter) but unfortunately the next batch of replacement fridges - which was originally hoped for around the start of November - is now looking to be nearer the end of the month. No confirmed dates are available yet, but as soon as I can let you know anything more specific I will post the information here.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #307
E-P-C-O-T
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
If you are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter, you should now be OK. All rooms should now have working fridges installed, although staff do still need to do a 100% room audit next week to confirm that their inventory lists are fully correct. But there should no longer be any need to make special requests.

Port Orleans Riverside guests, however, are not going to be so lucky. There has been no improvement at POR over the last month or so, and the number of rooms with working fridges currently stands at around 40%. About half of these are needed to help satisfy guests with medical or other special requirements (including moving fridges around between guest stays) so the 'random chance' of you happening to get a working fridge is currently only about 20%.

Maintenance staff have now physically removed the old affected units (rather than leaving them in situ with a warning letter) but unfortunately the next batch of replacement fridges - which was originally hoped for around the start of November - is now looking to be nearer the end of the month. No confirmed dates are available yet, but as soon as I can let you know anything more specific I will post the information here.

Andre
Thank you Andre, we are checking in next week and were hoping for a working fridge, makes our lives a lot easier

May09 CSR /AKV/BWV Sep09 VWL Jan10 POP/AKV APR10 POP Jun10 AKL/BWV Sep10 BCV Jan11 POP/BWV May11 BCV/BWV Jun/Jul11 SWAN/SSR Sep11 AKV/BWV/BCV Jan12 POP/BCV Feb 12 SSR May12 POP/AKV/BCV Sep12 2012 AKV/BCV/Disney Dream Dec12 Reunion Resort/WL May/Jun13 AKV/BCV/Reunion Resort/BLT Oct13 AKL Dec/Jan14 BCV/AOA/AKV Jan BCV

Currently planning many other trips, but, Mommy is running low on DVC points
E-P-C-O-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #308
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-P-C-O-T View Post

Thank you Andre, we are checking in next week and were hoping for a working fridge, makes our lives a lot easier
Just read this on your POFQ site. Thanks for the update
Old 10-19-2013, 01:50 PM   #309
Javin917
Mouseketeer

We checked in yesterday (absolutely love it!) and our room has no bedspreads or bed scarf thing. The top sheet is white with a stripe pattern. We did pass a room last night that had them so maybe they are phasing them out. It doesn't look that bad. Our son is napping now but will try to get a pic once he is up and we can turn lights back on. Haha!
Old 10-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #310
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern View Post
Maybe we will see them at TJMaxx!
Seriously, what do they do with them all? There are 1000 (+ a couple) of rooms at POFQ, most with 2 beds, and they only redid the decor a few years ago. They must have tons of them and this is the small resort!
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #311
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Seriously, what do they do with them all? There are 1000 (+ a couple) of rooms at POFQ, most with 2 beds, and they only redid the decor a few years ago. They must have tons of them and this is the small resort!
They get donated to a charity organization. Except for what gets cut up into bed scarves, I expect.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #312
kristinew
Earning My Ears

Quote:
If you are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter, you should now be OK. All rooms should now have working fridges installed, although staff do still need to do a 100% room audit next week to confirm that their inventory lists are fully correct. But there should no longer be any need to make special requests. Port Orleans Riverside guests, however, are not going to be so lucky. There has been no improvement at POR over the last month or so, and the number of rooms with working fridges currently stands at around 40%. About half of these are needed to help satisfy guests with medical or other special requirements (including moving fridges around between guest stays) so the 'random chance' of you happening to get a working fridge is currently only about 20%. Maintenance staff have now physically removed the old affected units (rather than leaving them in situ with a warning letter) but unfortunately the next batch of replacement fridges - which was originally hoped for around the start of November - is now looking to be nearer the end of the month. No confirmed dates are available yet, but as soon as I can let you know anything more specific I will post the information here. Andre
Checked in Thursday and did not have a fridge in the room. Got one after waiting 8 hours
kristinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #313
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Bedding

I'll miss the quilt/bed cover. It made the room look so nice. Hopefully they will have the scarfs, and maybe some colourful throw pillows so it doesn't look so stark.

Good news about the fridges!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:28 PM   #314
Sneezer01
Earning My Ears

Quote:
If you are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter, you should now be OK. All rooms should now have working fridges installed, although staff do still need to do a 100% room audit next week to confirm that their inventory lists are fully correct. But there should no longer be any need to make special requests. Port Orleans Riverside guests, however, are not going to be so lucky. There has been no improvement at POR over the last month or so, and the number of rooms with working fridges currently stands at around 40%. About half of these are needed to help satisfy guests with medical or other special requirements (including moving fridges around between guest stays) so the 'random chance' of you happening to get a working fridge is currently only about 20%. Maintenance staff have now physically removed the old affected units (rather than leaving them in situ with a warning letter) but unfortunately the next batch of replacement fridges - which was originally hoped for around the start of November - is now looking to be nearer the end of the month. No confirmed dates are available yet, but as soon as I can let you know anything more specific I will post the information here. Andre
Yay, Good news! We are checking in on November 10th.
Sneezer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:56 AM   #315
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezer01 View Post

Yay, Good news! We are checking in on November 10th.
We will be there with you sneezer pofq ck in nov 8 th we are glad those big ugly purple and gold quilts will be gone

Tags
faq, french quarter, pofq, port orleans

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: