Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2013, 06:16 AM   #286
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

21 days before.im home at POFQ. Yayyyy First dinner is don shulas. Never been there so excited
Old 10-18-2013, 06:27 AM   #287
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaf516

Would you mind posting a pic?

We always take the comforters off as soon as we get there and have them taken away for the duration of our stay,.
I was told by our mousekeeper that is the number one reason for them going to the new bedding.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2013, 06:52 AM   #288
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
I was told by our mousekeeper that is the number one reason for them going to the new bedding.
I always feel bad for the mousekeepers...doing all of that work to make the bed just so I can come and throw everything on the floor.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:31 AM   #289
Eastern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
Actually, if you look at higher-end hotels, a LOT of them are going to this concept. Honestly, I bet the sheets and blankets get washed a whole lot more often than those big, heavy bedspreads! I think that's part of the appeal.

They look nice when you first walk in, but I can understand them getting rid of them since most people remove them right away.
Eastern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:33 AM   #290
Eastern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
... just so I can come and throw everything on the floor.
...another reason not to trust those bedspreads...
Eastern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:40 AM   #291
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern View Post

They look nice when you first walk in, but I can understand them getting rid of them since most people remove them right away.
I must admit we tend to do the same overnight (due to their weight, we sleep with either just a sheet or a sheet & blanket) but I love having them there during the day for the dιcor theme detail - not to mention how quickly white sheets will show marks from general activity in the room.

If I'd wanted to stay in a modern, sterile, featureless hotel, I'd have booked one.

I wonder why they couldn't have switched to lightweight duvets instead of sheets, and then they could still have had the great theming in the designs of the covers?

We definitely need photos though!

Darn, I'll have to shoot another full set of panoramas next trip!

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 10-18-2013 at 07:47 AM.
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #292
LoveMMC
Mouseketeer

We were just there beginning of October and thought the rooms looked so nice with the comforters. We didn't use them either- but they really added to the room.
DLP 2003, 2004, 2012
WDW 2010 POP , 2011 CSR , 2013 POFQ
LoveMMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #293
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

I always feel bad for the mousekeepers...doing all of that work to make the bed just so I can come and throw everything on the floor.
That's why I always tip them lol
Old 10-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #294
wdwguy50
7 Decades of "Goofying" around with Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
Amen!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards °o°
DCL Dream - Nov 11 (Make A Wish)
wdwguy50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #295
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern View Post
...another reason not to trust those bedspreads...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #296
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
The picture on portorleans.org shows a TV at Mardi Grogs pool, is it still there? Arriving Saturday and the kids want to use the pool but our beloved Boston Red Sox may be playing at 4PM; hoping there is a TV and we can get the bartender to put the game on.
Yes, there are two TV's and if you ask, they will put the game on. If you have a mobile device, you can stream the game on Disney's Wifi and watch it from you chair as well. That way you can keep the game on, watch the kids and hit the pool if you get hot! We streamed a few things on our iPad when we were there in August and it worked well.

Quote:
I could have sworn I saw a picture of the fridges with a gallon of milk in it. Another resort thread says a gallon won't fit. I ordered 2 gallons from Garden Grocer for Saturday, any one know if a gallon will fit?
Thanks

**never mind found the old closed thread with the picture and there is a gallon of milk in the fridge**
Gallons did not fit well from memory, but I heard that the new ones are set up a little differently and they will fit easily. You may want to confirm that all the rooms have a fridge and if not, request one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
Bottom sheet, then sheet/blanket and another sheet on top, kinda like a blanket sandwich. It's actually quite popular at many chains. I've loved it as I sleep warm and often only want a sheet, but when cooler I like the blanket inbetween the sheets as I find the sheet texture to be more comfortable than a blanket.
I think this is a great idea. With the blanket between the sheets, the bedding will be cleaner and it's pretty warm with the layers. This is what they had at the Marriott when I was in NY recently an it was very comfortable and I was never cold.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #297
FireWife70
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I must admit we tend to do the same overnight (due to their weight, we sleep with either just a sheet or a sheet & blanket) but I love having them there during the day for the dιcor theme detail - not to mention how quickly white sheets will show marks from general activity in the room.

If I'd wanted to stay in a modern, sterile, featureless hotel, I'd have booked one.

I wonder why they couldn't have switched to lightweight duvets instead of sheets, and then they could still have had the great theming in the designs of the covers?

We definitely need photos though!

Darn, I'll have to shoot another full set of panoramas next trip!

Andre
Generally speaking, I think lots of hotels are moving away from the larger, heavier spreads. There are many reasons for it, I'm sure -- save on cleaning costs, as well as completely fresh bedding for each guest. Many times, places with bedspreads don't actually replace/clean the spreads between every guest (no idea how WDW operates, speaking in generalities here!)

However, I'm with you, I'd prefer they move to lighter duvets (more easily cleanable too) -- those just make the beds look more "made up" to me than when the top covering is a sheet.
Especially somewhere like WDW where the theming of the rooms is part of the attraction!

Old 10-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #298
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I'm sure, but these are decorative over-spreads (like curtains, chair covers, carpets, etc) so that doesn't really bother me unduly.

Andre
I can see it working a lot better in some of the Deluxe resorts. But the POFQ is going to look strange with white hospital sheets, lol. I guess we'll get used to it and I really do see why they are doing it. Still, what a waste. I wonder if they would sell us 2 of the purple ones for home

Resorts like the Poly and WL are going to look a little odd .....

Oh well, one less thing per bed to have to lift and check for those enthusiastic snake hunters
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #299
scard192
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say that 24 hours from right now, we should be getting on the DME headed to POFQ; the resort I have always wanted to stay at!
Old 10-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #300
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Just wanted to say that 24 hours from right now, we should be getting on the DME headed to POFQ; the resort I have always wanted to stay at!
You are going to love it!!!

Have a safe journey and enjoy every minute.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faq, french quarter, pofq, port orleans

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: