Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2013, 09:02 AM   #16
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

We are at 62 days. Ordered our magicbands next week we can do online check in and fastpass
Old 09-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #17
karly05
DIS Veteran

Chipping in another THANK YOU, ANDRE! Your site and these threads were a big factor in selling me on POFQ for this year's trip, and I am excitedly counting down to my return trip next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Fantastic, as always! Thank you, Andre!

Let the planning begin!

Hoping FQ rooms look less garish in person - my favorite was the last refurb, of blue and yellow. It was very pretty... If we are not too fond of the inside, we will have a lovely river view.
This year was my first stay at POFQ, so this is the only room decor I know, but I liked it and thought it looked nice. I think Andre was trying to get it nice and bright for his photos to emphasize the colors and details, but I think you'll find it more subdued in person.

(Not sure that came out right... I think his colors are good, but you're probably not going to be in the room that often with all drapes open, lights on, etc. Maybe that's still not coming out right. Anyway, I liked the room. )
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.

Last edited by karly05; 09-28-2013 at 09:13 AM.
karly05 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2013, 09:09 AM   #18
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Yay for our new thread! Thanks Andre

Minnie & Nana in person the rooms are quite nice.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:14 AM   #19
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Fantastic, as always! Thank you, Andre! Let the planning begin! Hoping FQ rooms look less garish in person - my favorite was the last refurb, of blue and yellow. It was very pretty... If we are not too fond of the inside, we will have a lovely river view.
Me too! Only 66 days to go! I can't wait, I know I'll love our Riverview sooo pretty there!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #20
FiggieFan
DIS Veteran

Thanks Andre! Hopefully you can help me with a question that has been bugging me since yesterday morning - what is the name of the POFQ doorman? I love him but my memory is failing me.........
thanks!
128 days to go til we are back at POFQ (home) again!

FiggieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #21
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Yay for a new thread! I was wondering how much longer till we reached 250 pages!

I want to thank you Andre for all the hard work you do for all of us POFQ fans. I'm SO glad I found that thread and for all the information you provided, it made my choice very clear when I was booking my first onsite vacation and now I can't see myself staying anywhere else. BEST.DISNEY.RESORT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I uploaded a batch of in-room photos of POFQ, which can all be seen at www.portorleans.org/gallery-POFQ-Rooms.php. The colour-calibration for those purple bedspreads with both natural and artificial light and flash was a nightmare, but I think I've got them just about right now.
Don't I know that *sighs*, my photography skills are not that great but with Lightroom I was able to correct some of those ugly dark pictures. It's one of my only complains about FQ, the room lightning does not lend itself for good pictures.

Now I just have to wait 406 days more till I'm back home
Old 09-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #22
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Me too! Only 66 days to go! I can't wait, I know I'll love our Riverview sooo pretty there!
Yes, our River View will be the icing on the cake!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #23
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karly05 View Post
This year was my first stay at POFQ, so this is the only room decor I know, but I liked it and thought it looked nice. I think Andre was trying to get it nice and bright for his photos to emphasize the colors and details, but I think you'll find it more subdued in person.

(Not sure that came out right... I think his colors are good, but you're probably not going to be in the room that often with all drapes open, lights on, etc. Maybe that's still not coming out right. Anyway, I liked the room. )
Quote:
Minnie & Nana in person the rooms are quite nice.
Thank you, Sue M and karly05!

Good to know it is more subdued in person! We do keep the drapes and blinds open - I like seeing people walk by because everyone usually looks so happy! This year we have a river view, so even more reason to keep the drapes/blinds open.

Actually, one of the things I especially enjoy about the moderates, is that we often get to see our neighbors. At the Deluxe resorts, sometimes you can come and go and never see another guest. While I do love most all of the deluxe resorts....the dark halls at Poly, WL and AKL can be a bit creepy at times.

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 09-28-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #24
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiggieFan View Post
Thanks Andre! Hopefully you can help me with a question that has been bugging me since yesterday morning - what is the name of the POFQ doorman? I love him but my memory is failing me.........
thanks!
128 days to go til we are back at POFQ (home) again!
His name is Arniel

We love him too
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #25
chuckinthechat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
We our at 355, until I return to my home with a river view
Old 09-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #26
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinthechat View Post
We our at 355, until I return to my home with a river view
That is a long wait! Hope you returned recently!

Old 09-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #27
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

The new firepit area (previous thread) look very nice but did this replace the fountain? Or is the fountain still there and I'm just not seeing it?
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:54 PM   #28
deadheadmamma4
Mouseketeer

I was just there there is a meadow and a fire pit the fountain is there they actually painted it this week.
deadheadmamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #29
deadheadmamma4
Mouseketeer

First stay wdw left today fq loved it next time would do building 5 we had 6 had carting a sleeping 6 year old lol but compared to other hotels I here it's nothing. Buses to me fast we were first stop at night . We had a fridge. The hot tub felt great after the park. It was so quite ,shady peaceful. The parks were very overwhelming for us first timers it was nice to come back to pofq. My daughter loved the doorman !!! Every one was great!!!!
deadheadmamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #30
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
The new firepit area (previous thread) look very nice but did this replace the fountain? Or is the fountain still there and I'm just not seeing it?
The fountain is still there, the new campfire is at the other end of the lawn - just next to building 5, nearer to the river.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
faq, french quarter, pofq, port orleans

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: