Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #181
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Talking Way to GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
Thanks. I have my ticker on the DIS but in my 'real' life have told nobody. This is attempt no. 25 at least I had to do it far out from my trip because being at WDW has always been my downfall so I need the habit to be well gone. You will see from the ticker though that I have now saved nearly enough to pay for our tandem parasailing on Bay Lake Running and the stepping machine have become my new addiction. Your encouragement means a lot. You must have known. it's been a rough day

Apologies to all for using this as a therapy board lol
No apologies needed, at least from me! I, too, noticed your ticker and wanted to say, great work! Keep it up! I have never smoked myself, probably because my grandparents did a lot and I just remember the awful smell their clothes and house had. So it turned me off. But I can still recognize how hard it must be each and every day to continue to make the effort to be smoke free. So, I just wanted to say, I think the ticker is a wonderful tool to use. When you get the urge, try coming to the DIS and racking up some posts here and there to just see that ticker increase!

I think you have inspired me to work harder on my exercise plan.

And now back the regular scheduled program or being excited about PORFQ and all our plans for a great time at WDW.

In that frame of mind, how long or far would I have to run do you think to burn off the calories of a beignet (did I spell that right?)

Feb 9-16, 2014 - PORFQ with S/P/D offer
Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:
For the First Time in Forever - A Trip to See My Son March in MK Feb 2014

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post52227352

I must be completely insane or not! June/July 2009 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2159070
mdsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #182
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
All I can say is ugh!!! So not what I want to hear
We didn't find the sheets scratchy or beds uncomfortable. I think bed comfort is very subjective. Some like an extra firm mattress, some like soft, and any level in between.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #183
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Still a good day to go, and you'll have the International Dragon Boat Festival to enjoy there too (which is why the river ferries won't be running, don't want to run into the race boats on the lake!). See http://www.gwndragonboat.com/Default.asp?id=19&l=1 for details. The ferries will be running again in the evening on the 19th to get you back to Port Orleans.

Andre
Wow Andre, I had no idea wdw hosts dragon boat festivals!! Is this a first, or a yearly event? That would be so much fun! I used to paddle on a team. Still do, but it's an outrigger team now!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:02 AM   #184
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Wow Andre, I had no idea wdw hosts dragon boat festivals!! Is this a first, or a yearly event? That would be so much fun! I used to paddle on a team. Still do, but it's an outrigger team now!
Not sure if it's Annual at Downtown Disney, but it's certainly quite regular. Just got an update that the ferries for Port Orleans will be less impacted than the other resorts - normal POR/POFQ/DTD ferry service will be running every day except the main day of the races (19 Oct) which will have no service until 5:30pm.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:32 AM   #185
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Not sure if it's Annual at Downtown Disney, but it's certainly quite regular. Just got an update that the ferries for Port Orleans will be less impacted than the other resorts - normal POR/POFQ/DTD ferry service will be running every day except the main day of the races (19 Oct) which will have no service until 5:30pm.

Andre
Andre you wouldn't happen to know when pofq will be Xmas decorating this year.yet? Is it too soon to know that?
Old 10-09-2013, 07:43 AM   #186
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
Andre you wouldn't happen to know when pofq will be Xmas decorating this year.yet? Is it too soon to know that?
Usually by Thanksgiving the resort decorations seem to be up, not sure if there's a specific timescale though.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #187
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Usually by Thanksgiving the resort decorations seem to be up, not sure if there's a specific timescale though.

Andre
We were told by a resort manager that holiday decorations go up (at all resorts) by the end of the week prior to Thanksgiving...sometimes it could be the beginning of the week of Thanksgiving if it includes an elaborate gingerbread/chocolate display like BC or BWIand of course, GF..but they have their own timetable for that one..

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #188
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Andre
Ty I guess we will just miss it since thanksgiving is late this year.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #189
LONES
Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me where the Movies on the lawn and the marshmallow roast are located? I'm thinking about my room requests... and am thinking I'd like to be away from the movies.

Thanks!
LONES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #190
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONES View Post
Can anyone tell me where the Movies on the lawn and the marshmallow roast are located? I'm thinking about my room requests... and am thinking I'd like to be away from the movies.

Thanks!
Between buildings 5 and 6

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #191
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Going back Feb 16 - 21! Can not wait!

I find the Queen beds at POFQ hard, and the King bed just fine.

This year if the beds seem hard I think I'll call and investigate an egg crate topper. We travel with our own pillows and cases, and I highly recommend that! It's worth the space in my suitcase IMO. I can handle a lot of sleeping surfaces, but a pad pillow... can't do it.
geckodani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #192
epcotitis
Mouseketeer

Just changed my resort from POFQ to AKL. Only 100 more for 3 night package! I'm happy.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #193
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsouth View Post
No apologies needed, at least from me! I, too, noticed your ticker and wanted to say, great work! Keep it up! I have never smoked myself, probably because my grandparents did a lot and I just remember the awful smell their clothes and house had. So it turned me off. But I can still recognize how hard it must be each and every day to continue to make the effort to be smoke free. So, I just wanted to say, I think the ticker is a wonderful tool to use. When you get the urge, try coming to the DIS and racking up some posts here and there to just see that ticker increase!

I think you have inspired me to work harder on my exercise plan.

And now back the regular scheduled program or being excited about PORFQ and all our plans for a great time at WDW.

In that frame of mind, how long or far would I have to run do you think to burn off the calories of a beignet (did I spell that right?)
Thank you so much! I suddenly thought about a DIS ticker because I am on here pretty much every day lol

Beignets, I don't really like them (I know!) but I figure anything I eat is more than gone with 2 laps round the world showcase
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #194
Belleandtinker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by epcotitis View Post
Just changed my resort from POFQ to AKL. Only 100 more for 3 night package! I'm happy.
For when?
June 1982 – WDW Treehouse Villas; March 1988 – WDW Off-Site; September 1992 – WDW Disney Institute and Off-Site; April 1997 – WDW Port Orleans French Quarter; April 2002 – DL Off-Site; April 2003 – WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge; April 2004 – DL Paradise Pier; April 2005 – DLP Off-Site; April 2008 – WDW Port Orleans French Quarter; January 2009 – WDW Caribbean Beach Resort; April 2010 – WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge/Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2011 - WDW Coronado Springs/Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2012 - WDW Coronado Springs/Caribbean Beach Resort; October 2012 - WDW All Star Movie; March 2013 - DL Grand Califorian; October 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2015 - ?

Belleandtinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #195
epcotitis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleandtinker View Post
For when?
MLK weekend

Tags
faq, french quarter, pofq, port orleans

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: