Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-12-2014, 04:09 PM   #1876
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran
 
mom2AidanAndEli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 1,456

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree1064 View Post
Where did you find them?
I used to use, now can't locate.....
HELP!
Actually, haven't looked for them in a while--bought a ton quite some time ago and still going through that stock! I save them and only use them for travel, not around the house. But looks like Amazon has them online.
__________________


POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-August 2014!!!!
mom2AidanAndEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:42 PM   #1877
summerlady
DIS Veteran
 
summerlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sparta, New Jersey
Posts: 2,597

Quote:
Originally Posted by karly05 View Post
Has it been that way for a long time? I could have sworn I had butter there in February of this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
And I could have sworn there were real pats of butter when I was there last august...

Along with real lemon slices for my water...

And half & half for my coffee...

D~ <--- who avoids franken-food as much as possible, but I agree, its very difficult to avoid in Disney.
No butter that I saw the first week in March.

No half and half either, only those annoying little cups of coffee mate fake half and half. But they did have lemon slices!
__________________


~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~POFQ September 2015~
summerlady is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-12-2014, 10:48 PM   #1878
NCDisneyMom
DIS Cast Member
That's me... a sympathy crier
I am a closet Saved By The Bell fan
 
NCDisneyMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 1,419

Just returned, tonight, from a week-long stay at POFQ. We were in Standard View room 4212, which was an amazing location! Facing a parking lot, so easy to get our luggage in, but with a beautiful courtyard between our room and the lot. Super close to the food court and bus stops, and just a short walk to the pool. Slightly longer to the boat dock but, as we all know, nothing at FQ is very far.

If anybody has any questions, let me know and I'll try to answer. Unfortunately, I did not go seeking butter, so I can't help with that.
NCDisneyMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:25 AM   #1879
SingingMom
DIS Veteran
 
SingingMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,355

Just returned tonight (this morning!) from POFQ. Will post some thoughts tomorrow after I get some sleep! Had a lovely time!

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
SingingMom


08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:23 AM   #1880
turkey1031
Mouseketeer
 
turkey1031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 189

In 2013 we paid for a standard room. We did online check in with no room requests and arrived early in the day. We were given room 1130 or some room close to that. We didn't realize it until we made the walk to the room but that's an upgrade from standard room to river view. It was gorgeous. This years trip we paid for standard room again and did online check in. Arrived about the same time as the previous year. We had requested connecting rooms to another party. Our room ended up being 6212. Once again we got an upgrade, standard room to garden view. This room was also great. The view was of the courtyard with the frogs spitting water. I have yet to have a bad experience at POFQ. We are looking to go to wdw again next year in the fall and we're thinking of staying at a value but I just love POFQ so much I'm not sure that I could stay at a value and not regret staying at "home". I have visited most of the other resorts but I find something wrong with all of them. I have yet to find an issue at POFQ and I tell everyone how great it is. Maybe if all the other resorts were smaller I'd feel a bit different but walking down the beautiful shaded streets of POFQ how can one not fall in love with the place.
__________________
I've got Disney on the brain
turkey1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:55 AM   #1881
karly05
DIS Veteran
 
karly05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: I am here with the Bird
Posts: 1,693

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey1031 View Post
In 2013 we paid for a standard room. We did online check in with no room requests and arrived early in the day. We were given room 1130 or some room close to that. We didn't realize it until we made the walk to the room but that's an upgrade from standard room to river view. It was gorgeous. This years trip we paid for standard room again and did online check in. Arrived about the same time as the previous year. We had requested connecting rooms to another party. Our room ended up being 6212. Once again we got an upgrade, standard room to garden view. This room was also great. The view was of the courtyard with the frogs spitting water. I have yet to have a bad experience at POFQ. We are looking to go to wdw again next year in the fall and we're thinking of staying at a value but I just love POFQ so much I'm not sure that I could stay at a value and not regret staying at "home". I have visited most of the other resorts but I find something wrong with all of them. I have yet to find an issue at POFQ and I tell everyone how great it is. Maybe if all the other resorts were smaller I'd feel a bit different but walking down the beautiful shaded streets of POFQ how can one not fall in love with the place.
Let me tell you, thinking about my next trip, my brain started getting all practical and talking to me about Pop Century, and I did some serious looking at it and I'm sure it would be fine, but... In the end, my heart belongs to POFQ and I know I'm going to end up going back there! It's just so pretty and relaxing and I'm with you, it feels like "home" now. After walking all over the place in 2 trips, I'm convinced they could put me in any room location at POFQ and I'd be happy.
__________________
1999 - Beach Club - Me & Sis
2004 - Polynesian - Me, Sis & Dad
2012 - Beach Club - My Awesome Solo Trip Adventure!
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
karly05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:56 AM   #1882
LoveMy3DisneyKids
Mouseketeer
 
LoveMy3DisneyKids's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 158

I have a family of 5. Staying at AOA suites. We've stayed there in the past. Also suites. We will be arriving in August. We are planning on doing the BB offer again (if it's released) for August 2015. By August 2015 our children will be DD12,DS5, DS4. We've been going every year since DD was 3months old. Obviously it's getting more expensive to go, as the kids get older. We fly in from NYC so that cost is pretty overwhelming in itself. We want to cut costs somehow. My questions are, will we be comfortable at POFQ? Is the cost that much of a difference? What about the suites at AS? Does anyone have any suggestions?
LoveMy3DisneyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:08 PM   #1883
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran
 
mom2AidanAndEli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 1,456

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMy3DisneyKids View Post
I have a family of 5. Staying at AOA suites. We've stayed there in the past. Also suites. We will be arriving in August. We are planning on doing the BB offer again (if it's released) for August 2015. By August 2015 our children will be DD12,DS5, DS4. We've been going every year since DD was 3months old. Obviously it's getting more expensive to go, as the kids get older. We fly in from NYC so that cost is pretty overwhelming in itself. We want to cut costs somehow. My questions are, will we be comfortable at POFQ? Is the cost that much of a difference? What about the suites at AS? Does anyone have any suggestions?
You won't be able to stay at POFQ with 5 in the family. But Riverside does have some rooms that fit 5 with a Murphy-type bed for one of your younger children. Those rooms will be much cheaper than the suites at AoA. Honestly, you could get two connecting rooms at any of the All Stars or Pop and pay less than you are for a suite at AoA. Even though AoA is a value resort, the suites are very expensive!

I just looked very quickly for a one-night stay this August. Two rooms at an All Star would be $212, 1 room at POR would be $184, the AoA suite is $266! Multiply that difference over the course of your vacation and it can be a big savings!

Now, if you're doing the Free Dining BB--and feel okay squeezing into one room!--do the POR room so you get the regular dining package instead of only the QS level. That's the other thing with AoA--even though you're paying so much, it's considered a value so only gives the QS plan instead of the regular dining plan for free.
__________________


POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-August 2014!!!!
mom2AidanAndEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:25 PM   #1884
LoveMy3DisneyKids
Mouseketeer
 
LoveMy3DisneyKids's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 158

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
You won't be able to stay at POFQ with 5 in the family. But Riverside does have some rooms that fit 5 with a Murphy-type bed for one of your younger children. Those rooms will be much cheaper than the suites at AoA. Honestly, you could get two connecting rooms at any of the All Stars or Pop and pay less than you are for a suite at AoA. Even though AoA is a value resort, the suites are very expensive! I just looked very quickly for a one-night stay this August. Two rooms at an All Star would be $212, 1 room at POR would be $184, the AoA suite is $266! Multiply that difference over the course of your vacation and it can be a big savings! Now, if you're doing the Free Dining BB--and feel okay squeezing into one room!--do the POR room so you get the regular dining package instead of only the QS level. That's the other thing with AoA--even though you're paying so much, it's considered a value so only gives the QS plan instead of the regular dining plan for free.
this would save a lot of money. We usually stay for about 12 days and I pay to upgrade the free dining, so this would save some money as well. Now I can't wait to see what next years trip will cost. Thank you so much.
LoveMy3DisneyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:35 PM   #1885
RebeccaW23
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Shawnee, KS
Posts: 7

Hi! We will be staying at POFQ October 18-24th, and we are so excited! I haven't been to WDW since I was a child, and my husband and daughters (5 and 2 1/2) have never been. Our flight will be landing at 10:30 am, and we will take ME to the hotel. I'm assuming our room will most likely not be ready when we get there. Since my in-laws will be arriving the day before, will it be possible for them to leave us their room key at the front desk while they're at the parks? Are there even room keys anymore? It would be nice to have somewhere to settle in with the toddler before we head out for whatever we decide to do that afternoon. Thanks!
__________________
RebeccaW23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:28 PM   #1886
JamiLeigh
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 100

We (myself, DH, and DS's 7 and 5 at time of travel) are planning an Oct 2015 trip. We have stayed at POR twice and the Poly before children and CR with kids last year. We are going back and forth between Poly, CR, and POFQ. I am leaning toward POFQ so we can have a longer stay. If we were to get a river view room what is the walking distance to the main building and bus stop. We are choosing FQ over POR since it's smaller. Any other good tips we should know?
JamiLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:56 PM   #1887
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!
 
Dug720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,240

Question about the boat to Downtown Disney...

Years ago, my family and I stayed at POR ver Thanksgiving, and I remember taking the boat to Downtown Disney. I can't remember if the boat was ever full when we got to POFQ, but...

I'm staying over Marathon Weekend - which I know isn't AS crazy crowded as Thanksgiving...yet - and am wondering if I'll most likely be ok catching the boat from FQ or if I should plan to walk over to Riverside to catch it just to be safe.

What has been your experience with the boat and it's capacity?

Thanks!
__________________
Dug720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:23 PM   #1888
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran
 
crazy4wdw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,231

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaW23 View Post
Hi! We will be staying at POFQ October 18-24th, and we are so excited! I haven't been to WDW since I was a child, and my husband and daughters (5 and 2 1/2) have never been. Our flight will be landing at 10:30 am, and we will take ME to the hotel. I'm assuming our room will most likely not be ready when we get there. Since my in-laws will be arriving the day before, will it be possible for them to leave us their room key at the front desk while they're at the parks? Are there even room keys anymore? It would be nice to have somewhere to settle in with the toddler before we head out for whatever we decide to do that afternoon. Thanks!
I will be at POFQ the exact same dates as you! On one of my visits, I had a very early flight and arrived at POFQ around 9:00 am. Surprisingly my room was ready so you never know. I'm not sure if they still issue room keys since magic bands were introduced.

By the way, welcome to the DIS!
__________________

crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:29 PM   #1889
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran
 
crazy4wdw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dug720 View Post
Question about the boat to Downtown Disney...

Years ago, my family and I stayed at POR ver Thanksgiving, and I remember taking the boat to Downtown Disney. I can't remember if the boat was ever full when we got to POFQ, but...
The boats to DD are only filled to half capacity so there's room for others at the next stop.
__________________

crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:48 PM   #1890
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!
 
Dug720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,240

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
The boats to DD are only filled to half capacity so there's room for others at the next stop.
Awesome! Good to know!
__________________
Dug720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
faq, french quarter, pofq, port orleans



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: