Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2014, 05:26 PM   #1816
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
I wouldn't leave it as just an ipad. I left my laptop (in a laptop bag) with bell services at POR with no problem.
I have a new ipad bag that looks like a handbag. Just feel weird about leaving it, but hate to bring it to Epcot!

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:50 PM   #1817
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

In all honesty, I would trust bell services with my iPad more than I would leaving it in my room. Bell services is responsible for every bag they check in, where as once it's in your room, it's an easier target.

I have left my laptop/iPad/electronics in both the room and bell services and never had a problem. (In the room, I just don't leave them out in the open.. usually put them in my suitcase with clothes over them.)
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2014, 05:57 PM   #1818
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
In all honesty, I would trust bell services with my iPad more than I would leaving it in my room. Bell services is responsible for every bag they check in, where as once it's in your room, it's an easier target.

I have left my laptop/iPad/electronics in both the room and bell services and never had a problem. (In the room, I just don't leave them out in the open.. usually put them in my suitcase with clothes over them.)
Last year when I was planning a fall trip we had a discussion about how you can buy those cheap little locks to lock a suitcase. Especially if you have a larger one and you can put a smaller one inside. Lock the inner one and it's not as easy for house keeping to get it out of the room without it being questions, and with it not being in "view" by being in the locked suitcase, it's less likely to be taken.

I don't mean put the lock on the suitcase during your flight. I mean once you are in your room. And nest it in the larger suitcase without a lock.

I've never had a problem with the room safe, but then again I don't travel with anything that I'm that worried about. My credit card comes with me so that I can get my Disney visa card perks. I usually just lock my paper work so I know where it is when I leave.

As with everything.....I just don't want to temp anyone to make a bad choice by leaving valuables around.

I can't even begin to tell you how much I am looking forward to my November stay at POFQ!

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:07 PM   #1819
Chuckers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post

I don't mean put the lock on the suitcase during your flight. I mean once you are in your room. And nest it in the larger suitcase without a lock.

Actually, they sell TSA approved suitcase locks. I use them ALL the time. They're not that expensive.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:39 AM   #1820
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
In all honesty, I would trust bell services with my iPad more than I would leaving it in my room. Bell services is responsible for every bag they check in, where as once it's in your room, it's an easier target. I have left my laptop/iPad/electronics in both the room and bell services and never had a problem. (In the room, I just don't leave them out in the open.. usually put them in my suitcase with clothes over them.)
Instead of just in the room, I put my regular sized ipad in the wall safe. I put it and a small camera and my DD's Nintendo DSXl in there together. They all fit in at the same time

Feb 9-16, 2014 - PORFQ with S/P/D offer
Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:
For the First Time in Forever - A Trip to See My Son March in MK Feb 2014

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post52227352

I must be completely insane or not! June/July 2009 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2159070
mdsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:51 AM   #1821
pjredhead
Earning My Ears

Question about boat transportation to Downtown Disney

Staying at French Quarter middle of Sept. Plan on taking boat to Downtown Disney. Where does it let you off? Use to be by Rain Forst Cafe area?
pjredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:08 AM   #1822
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjredhead View Post
Plan on taking boat to Downtown Disney. Where does it let you off?
At the front, just behind where the driver sits.

Oh, you mean where is the dock?

At the moment it's in the Pleasure Island area, but we don't know exactly when they will finish the construction work near the old docks, and if they will then switch back to the old location or not.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:19 AM   #1823
ericstac
DIS Veteran

Quote:

last visit at the POR a month ago the Bell Service specifically told us to take all valuables because they are not responsible.. i looked at him kinda weird and he showed me the area everyones stuff just sits at in the open and they cannot be responsible for the items there.

as far as ipad and other apple devices, just make sure findmyphone is activated and IF it does come up missing you will be able to locate it. we did this back during our Dec/Jan trip. Got home to Houston and son realized he left his phone at WDW. Resort claimed there was nothing left behind but findmyphone and some property tax and FB searching proved that the cleaning lady took it.. We called the cops (where were awesome with everything) and he got our phone back from her.. then mailed it to us.

What did WDW do? nothing.

I believe she is even still cleaning rooms at the Poly.
2013 - Beach Club/Polynesian - Christmas
2014 - (May) Port Orleans Riverside
2014 - (July) Port Orleans French Quarter
2014 - (Dec) Port Orleans Riverside

EJ's Disney Pinterest Board

EJ's 2014 VLOG has Begun
ericstac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:06 AM   #1824
MagentaMulan
Mouseketeer

Is mousekeeping not trustworthy at all? I don't plan on bringing laptops or anything valuable really. But i thought if i lock up all my stuff in my suitcase it would be okay.
MagentaMulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:06 AM   #1825
ericstac
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't say that. I am a trusting person at heart and still leave stuff out while vacationing. We've never had issues before or after that incident but we do take some precautions just as always with some items going into the safe. You cant let one bad apple ruin the comfort. No what I'm saying 😊
2013 - Beach Club/Polynesian - Christmas
2014 - (May) Port Orleans Riverside
2014 - (July) Port Orleans French Quarter
2014 - (Dec) Port Orleans Riverside

EJ's Disney Pinterest Board

EJ's 2014 VLOG has Begun
ericstac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:18 AM   #1826
qtmissy19
Earning My Ears

We have a riverside room booked. I was looking at the map and I would like to get building 5. Are there corner rooms in building 5 that face both the pool and the river? I don't want to request something they don't actually have lol

Me (31) DH (38) DS (11)
qtmissy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:29 AM   #1827
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Well, there's only 3 rooms in building 5 that are river view as well as corner rooms, and it really doesn't look like those rooms are in a good position to see the pool.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:43 PM   #1828
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtmissy19 View Post
We have a riverside room booked. I was looking at the map and I would like to get building 5. Are there corner rooms in building 5 that face both the pool and the river?
Yes, but the only corner rooms in building 5 which face both the pool and the river are 5216 and 5316, which are sold as Pool View rooms (as that is the direction that the doorway and the main window face):

See http://www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php for floorplans of each building.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #1829
qtmissy19
Earning My Ears

With my pin for free dinning I could only get a river view room. I much rather have a pool view room. If I requested a pool view room but still pay the river view room price, is it possible that my request could get granted or is that just a total no go?

Me (31) DH (38) DS (11)
qtmissy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:11 PM   #1830
Chuckers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericstac View Post
last visit at the POR a month ago the Bell Service specifically told us to take all valuables because they are not responsible.. i looked at him kinda weird and he showed me the area everyones stuff just sits at in the open and they cannot be responsible for the items there.

as far as ipad and other apple devices, just make sure findmyphone is activated and IF it does come up missing you will be able to locate it. we did this back during our Dec/Jan trip. Got home to Houston and son realized he left his phone at WDW. Resort claimed there was nothing left behind but findmyphone and some property tax and FB searching proved that the cleaning lady took it.. We called the cops (where were awesome with everything) and he got our phone back from her.. then mailed it to us.

What did WDW do? nothing.

I believe she is even still cleaning rooms at the Poly.
Holy carp! I have no choice, I have to bring my laptop so I can do work on my vacation... If it gets stolen, it's the company that loses, which wouldn't bother me one bit. The iPad, I'll lock in the wall safe! The iPhone is with me all the time.

Tags
faq, french quarter, pofq, port orleans

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: