Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2014, 05:28 PM   #1741
turkey1031
Mouseketeer

Well hopefully its ready by the time we get back from the park. I think I should have received a text by now5:30.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:59 AM   #1742
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey1031 View Post
Well hopefully its ready by the time we get back from the park. I think I should have received a text by now5:30.
There still seem to be a lot of people for whom front-desk texts don't seem to arrive as planned. Personally I would have hoped they would have sorted those glitches out before thinking about trialling this new process. Did you get into your room in the end?

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2014, 09:03 AM   #1743
MagentaMulan
Mouseketeer

I originally was going to stay at Pop, but now considering POFQ. Has anyone stayed at both? Which is better? I'm going in Mid-January with my mom.

Also if I don't request it, will i get a connecting room? I REALLY DON'T want that. I see a lot of photos with connecting doors.
MagentaMulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:18 AM   #1744
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagentaMulan View Post
Also if I don't request it, will i get a connecting room? I REALLY DON'T want that. I see a lot of photos with connecting doors.
Quite likely, yes, as about 50% of the rooms at the resort have connecting doorways. You could specifically request NOT to have one, but do make it crystal clear what you are saying so they can't misunderstand.

To be honest though, I wouldn't worry much about it anyway - the connecting doorway has two very solid lockable doors (so lockable from either side) so no-one can get in.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 06-23-2014, 12:52 PM   #1745
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

We're waiting for the 2015 packages to be released so we can book our first ever stay at French Quarter.
We've been every year for 25 years and just returned from 9 nights at the Wilderness Lodge. We stayed at Riverside for the 5 years prior to this year so now we're ready to try the smaller French Quarter. I'm so excited!!

Gotta start following this thread so I will be all caught up!!

Carla
Old 06-23-2014, 01:41 PM   #1746
NewCrew42
One Day I'll be a Galactic Hero!

Quote:
I originally was going to stay at Pop, but now considering POFQ. Has anyone stayed at both? Which is better? I'm going in Mid-January with my mom.

I prefer POFQ currently due to the smallness of the resort and that our last few trips have been in July or June. I enjoy how compact and shady everything is. It makes it easy to navigate in the summertime heat.

That being said, I have quite enjoyed Pop. If being close to the food court and bus stop is important to you, I would stay in a preferred category room. The food court is nice as is the bus service. I am thinking about staying there in March.

I would recommend that you read the thread about Pop as well. Do your research. Know what is important to you in a resort and why. It will helpful to you in making your choice. What is important for me may not be important for you.

Enjoy the process! It's half the fun of planning a trip!

POFQ - June 2014, POFQ - June 2013, POFQ - July 2010, Pop Century - March 2009, Pop Century - April 2008, Pop Century - May 2007, Contemporary - May 2006, Grand Floridian - May 2005, Contemporary - May 2004, Contemporary - May 2003, Off-site - June 1992
NewCrew42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:46 PM   #1747
MagentaMulan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCrew42 View Post
I prefer POFQ currently due to the smallness of the resort and that our last few trips have been in July or June. I enjoy how compact and shady everything is. It makes it easy to navigate in the summertime heat.

That being said, I have quite enjoyed Pop. If being close to the food court and bus stop is important to you, I would stay in a preferred category room. The food court is nice as is the bus service. I am thinking about staying there in March.

I would recommend that you read the thread about Pop as well. Do your research. Know what is important to you in a resort and why. It will helpful to you in making your choice. What is important for me may not be important for you.

Enjoy the process! It's half the fun of planning a trip!
Cool! I did a lot of research for Pop and i'm doing research for POFQ now. I really like the feeling of POFQ since it is smaller and relaxed.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:53 PM   #1748
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyEars View Post
We're waiting for the 2015 packages to be released so we can book our first ever stay at French Quarter.
You should be able to book by phone now, but they won't commit to the exact prices you'll pay until the official rates are released (you can always cancel later if you are not happy).

I was just thinking about this a few hours ago in fact, wondering when the 2015 prices will be released. The 2011 ones came out on 9 Aug 2010, the 2012 rates on 13 June 2011, the 2013 rates on 11 July 2012 and this year's on 10 July 2013. So maybe somewhere around 9 July this year perhaps?

Andre

Old 06-23-2014, 05:55 PM   #1749
lynn46356
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I originally was going to stay at Pop, but now considering POFQ. Has anyone stayed at both? Which is better? I'm going in Mid-January with my mom. Also if I don't request it, will i get a connecting room? I REALLY DON'T want that. I see a lot of photos with connecting doors.
Best Friend and I take a moms trip (3 times) twice having stayed at Pop and this past March at POFQ. We both fell in love with POFQ. Since we split the cost of the trip it only cost us each an additional $150 a piece. This past trip was the best so far. I had stayed at POFQ some 15 years ago and didn't exactly have a great memory of it. Some of my favorites are the small resort feeling, one bus stop, boat to DTD, closeness to all the parks, etc. We are taking our family of 6 Thanksgiving week and I had booked Coronado Springs. Since the stay at POFQ I've switched to it and I can't wait!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2014, 06:51 PM   #1750
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
You should be able to book by phone now, but they won't commit to the exact prices you'll pay until the official rates are released (you can always cancel later if you are not happy).

I was just thinking about this a few hours ago in fact, wondering when the 2015 prices will be released. The 2011 ones came out on 9 Aug 2010, the 2012 rates on 13 June 2011, the 2013 rates on 11 July 2012 and this year's on 10 July 2013. So maybe somewhere around 9 July this year perhaps?

Andre

Thanks Andre!!

I sure hope it's soon, the waiting is driving me crazy!!

Carla
Old 06-24-2014, 12:23 PM   #1751
MagentaMulan
Mouseketeer

Are the beignets available all day? Even at breakfast?
Old 06-24-2014, 12:48 PM   #1752
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Yes

Andre

Old 06-24-2014, 01:07 PM   #1753
MagentaMulan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Yes

Andre
Thank you!
Old 06-24-2014, 06:41 PM   #1754
chuckinthechat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Also, how long is it possible to live on beignets only ?
Old 06-24-2014, 10:27 PM   #1755
wintershawl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinthechat View Post
Also, how long is it possible to live on beignets only ?
Forever.

Dec. 1985:
Family Trip, age 9, stayed offsite
Dec. 1991: Family Trip, age 15, stayed offsite
Apr. 1994: Senior Class Trip, age 17, stayed offsite
July 2001: HONEYMOON!! , age 24, CSR
Apr. 2006: 5th Anniversary , age 29, CBR
July 2008: Celebrating that I lived through 2007 after months in the hospital , age 31, CSR
July 2011: 10th Anniversary , age 34, POFQ
wintershawl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faq, french quarter, pofq, port orleans

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: