Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2014, 03:39 PM   #1636
Leader of the Pack
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBC80 View Post
Just 152 days before our check in at POFQ! I miss my second home and I can't wait to be there again!
153 days for us !
Leader of the Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:16 PM   #1637
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGiraffe View Post
Water shoes. Is there such a thing as water socks? I will look into that.

The reason I ask us that DH doesn't like getting his feet out, but if he could wear something in the pool he will come swimming with the kids and I
Water socks are thin and look like socks made from swim cap rubber. If you can grab a pair of those for him I am almost certain they would be ok as their are no hard parts on them. They fit like an expandable glove. They are often used to prevent contact with floors around the pool/in showers etc and also serve as a bit of protection for scorching your feet on hot cement.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2014, 04:26 PM   #1638
BlueGiraffe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
Water socks are thin and look like socks made from swim cap rubber. If you can grab a pair of those for him I am almost certain they would be ok as their are no hard parts on them. They fit like an expandable glove. They are often used to prevent contact with floors around the pool/in showers etc and also serve as a bit of protection for scorching your feet on hot cement.
Are they like verruca socks?
Old 06-08-2014, 05:40 PM   #1639
2Tiggies

Quote:
Are they like verruca socks?
Now you're going to have to educate me

This is the sort of thing I had in mind. They are much thinner than the water shoes.

Swim Socks
Old 06-08-2014, 06:36 PM   #1640
BlueGiraffe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Now you're going to have to educate me This is the sort of thing I had in mind. They are much thinner than the water shoes. Swim Socks
LOL in the UK, we were always encouraged to wear a thin rubber sock (usually a cream/off-white colour), when swimming if we had a verruca (generally when having swimming lessons with the school). I don't think they are worn now as research seemed to show that they were unnecessary.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:07 PM   #1641
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

Quote:
LOL in the UK, we were always encouraged to wear a thin rubber sock (usually a cream/off-white colour), when swimming if we had a verruca (generally when having swimming lessons with the school). I don't think they are worn now as research seemed to show that they were unnecessary.
Ok, now I have to jump in. I looked up verruca sock and found all kinds of UK places selling a tight sock thing, but what on earth is a verruca? All I can think of is Veruca Salt from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

I have to say I never heard of any sort of sock for the pool- Verruca or otherwise.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:21 PM   #1642
DCDisney
On my way...

I have often shipped water to PO FQ and it is always there for me. Sometimes it takes them a few minutes to find it but it's never been sent to POR.
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:37 AM   #1643
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBudgie View Post
but what on earth is a verruca?
A verruca is a virus-induced wart, mostly found on the sole of the foot, also known as a plantar wart or myrmecia. They are viral, and are spread by direct or indirect contact (hence the advice to avoid communal showers, walking in bare feet, etc). See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantar_wart

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:51 AM   #1644
BlueGiraffe
DIS Veteran

Sorry, I assumed 'verruca' was a world-wide term... oops!
Old 06-09-2014, 11:15 AM   #1645
peel
DIS Veteran

Totally off topic, I apologize, but I just now noticed that Andre is in Birmingham. I have several friends from Brum, and I visited there two years ago for the Christmas Market! I was in Wolverhampton for a concert and took the train into Brum to witness the bedlam.

peel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:05 PM   #1646
PinkBudgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
A verruca is a virus-induced wart, mostly found on the sole of the foot, also known as a plantar wart or myrmecia. They are viral, and are spread by direct or indirect contact (hence the advice to avoid communal showers, walking in bare feet, etc). See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantar_wart

Andre
Quote:
Sorry, I assumed 'verruca' was a world-wide term... oops!
Never heard it called that before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDisney View Post
I have often shipped water to PO FQ and it is always there for me. Sometimes it takes them a few minutes to find it but it's never been sent to POR.
Where do you have it shipped from?
Old 06-09-2014, 01:25 PM   #1647
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDisney View Post
It's not a problem if we check in later in the afternoon, but when we have arrived in the evening, it has always been at POR and we've had to call to arrange the delivery/collection the next day.

Quote:
Where do you have it shipped from?
I use Amazon, just because it's easy and if you pick the right cases you can get free delivery. I always order other things from there so the minimum spend is met to qualify.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:31 PM   #1648
PinkBudgie

Quote:
It's not a problem if we check in later in the afternoon, but when we have arrived in the evening, it has always been at POR and we've had to call to arrange the delivery/collection the next day.

I use Amazon, just because it's easy and if you pick the right cases you can get free delivery. I always order other things from there so the minimum spend is met to qualify.
Oh good. We have Prime so we get free two day shipping anyway. I was wondering if the whole "Guest At" thing would fit in to their address spot. I guess it does. Thanks!
Old 06-10-2014, 05:27 AM   #1649
2Tiggies

Quote:
Oh good. We have Prime so we get free two day shipping anyway. I was wondering if the whole "Guest At" thing would fit in to their address spot. I guess it does. Thanks!
Amazon is a bit of a pain for me at the moment. I have a bunch of stuff in the cart as I thought it would be easier to keep it in there than get it mixed up with non vacation items in a wish list. Of course the daily maintenance on that cart is another story. At least once a day something goes out of stock and I have to find an alternative, and then sometimes the original things I wanted become available so I have been constantly switching things around. The total looks like a yo-yo trail I just want to order and get it shipped but I don't want it laying around for days as there are 2 cases of water in there and I'm conscious of it taking up real estate in their store room which isn't really fair for a prolonged period.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:21 AM   #1650
PinkBudgie

Quote:
Amazon is a bit of a pain for me at the moment. I have a bunch of stuff in the cart as I thought it would be easier to keep it in there than get it mixed up with non vacation items in a wish list. Of course the daily maintenance on that cart is another story. At least once a day something goes out of stock and I have to find an alternative, and then sometimes the original things I wanted become available so I have been constantly switching things around. The total looks like a yo-yo trail I just want to order and get it shipped but I don't want it laying around for days as there are 2 cases of water in there and I'm conscious of it taking up real estate in their store room which isn't really fair for a prolonged period.
Oh, DH told me I should start sticking things in the cart. Wonder if we will have that issue too.
Do they bring it to your room? Or do you have to pick it up at the front desk? I can't imagine trying to carry two cases of water to your room in the heat and humidity!

Tags
faq, french quarter, pofq, port orleans

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: