Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2014, 09:05 AM   #1561
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Just sent my room request with gofreefax. Is there any way to read the fax that I sent ? Ops meant to put this on the riverside forum

Last edited by maryj11; 05-21-2014 at 10:24 AM.
maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:08 PM   #1562
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

June 2014 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules

The June 2014 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules for Port Orleans French Quarter are now available. See my main Recreation Activities Schedule page for full-size PDF version, or click on the image below.

The outdoor movies will start at 9pm and the daily campfires commence at 7pm this month.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2014, 07:19 PM   #1563
NCDisneyMom
DIS Cast Member
That's me... a sympathy crier
I am a closet Saved By The Bell fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
We find the same. Actually, DD and I both drink a lot from our mugs and I have worked out that we have paid for them by the 3rd day even for length of stay. We use our mugs with every meal at the resort, grab 2 coffees/powerades each in the morning before heading out and we top them up regularly when at the resort or pool. I always make sure we drink something before we go out anywhere too as going out if you are already thirsty reduces the value of the mug and increases your cost by having to buy something as soon as you arrive at the park, or wherever you are going.

On a different topic, when do you think the activity schedule for June will be out. It's not that I'm in a hurry or anything ... just casually wondering
You mention filling them when you are at the pool...is there a place at the pool to fill them, or do you still have to go to the food court to do so?
NCDisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:32 PM   #1564
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
The June 2014 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules for Port Orleans French Quarter are now available. See my main Recreation Activities Schedule page for full-size PDF version, or click on the image below.

The outdoor movies will start at 9pm and the daily campfires commence at 7pm this month.

Andre
Thank you so much! NOW it's getting real

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDisneyMom View Post
You mention filling them when you are at the pool...is there a place at the pool to fill them, or do you still have to go to the food court to do so?
I may have worded that ambiguously. We take sodas to the pool but we get them from the food court. It only takes about a minute, if that, to walk over and get them. I have no idea if they fill mugs at the pool bar. It's never occurred to me to ask about it. Perhaps someone else on here can comment on that.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:07 PM   #1565
shocker
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the June activities guide. Do they allow people to make there own s'mores at the Cajun Campfire?

NO TICKERS!
shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:57 AM   #1566
Library Lady
So many books, so little time!

Magic Bands came in the mail today! My daughter and son-in-law have no idea we are staying at POFQ. Can't wait to spring it on them at the airport. Three weeks and counting!!
March 1995 All Star Sports
March 1997 Old Key West
March 1998 All Star Sports
March 1999 Off Site
July 2007 Pop Century
June 2014 POFQ

Library Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:24 AM   #1567
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Library Lady View Post
Magic Bands came in the mail today! My daughter and son-in-law have no idea we are staying at POFQ. Can't wait to spring it on them at the airport. Three weeks and counting!!
What a great surprise! Where do they think they are staying?
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:42 AM   #1568
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocker View Post
Thanks for the June activities guide. Do they allow people to make there own s'mores at the Cajun Campfire?
I don't see why not, if you want to. They will provide free marshmallows to roast, but anything else is up to you.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 05-22-2014, 10:36 AM   #1569
summerlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
Thank you so much! NOW it's getting real

I may have worded that ambiguously. We take sodas to the pool but we get them from the food court. It only takes about a minute, if that, to walk over and get them. I have no idea if they fill mugs at the pool bar. It's never occurred to me to ask about it. Perhaps someone else on here can comment on that.

No, they don't refill mugs at the pool bar, wish they did, but as you know, it's not a long walk back to the food court for a refill.

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~POFQ September 2015~
summerlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:54 PM   #1570
Library Lady
So many books, so little time!

They think we're staying at POP, which we like, but we decided to splurge on POFQ. This trip is a celebration trip for our daughter, who graduated from nursing school last year, so we decided to surprise her with a new resort. Can't wait!
March 1995 All Star Sports
March 1997 Old Key West
March 1998 All Star Sports
March 1999 Off Site
July 2007 Pop Century
June 2014 POFQ

Library Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:37 PM   #1571
DisneyInDel
Mouseketeer

We have 3 garden view rooms reserved and I was wondering what building has our best chance at getting connecting rooms? We have grandsons that are going to be going back and forth between all rooms...we've never been to POFQ and I know its all very condensed, so walking to/from pool and buses shouldnt be a problem for any building..

Reason being, I'm gonna fax my request about 5 days out and I need something new to obsess about! Everything else is in stone..

The wait is killing me!!!!!
Old 05-23-2014, 04:35 PM   #1572
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyInDel View Post
We have 3 garden view rooms reserved and I was wondering what building has our best chance at getting connecting rooms?
There's no particular advantage for any one building in terms of getting connecting rooms - see the individual floorplan maps of each building at www.portorleans.org/frenchquarter-accommodation.php for more info.

Andre

Old 05-23-2014, 07:18 PM   #1573
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBC80 View Post
Even if you don't drink soda the mug is a good deal if you're staying more than 5 days. Last February I had my fill of hot chocolate, iced tea, lemonade and I think cranberry juice? Some kind of juice for sure.
I love getting my mug each visit, and yes, between soda, hot cocoa, tea and coffee I get my money's worth!

I just switched my marathon weekend reservation to French Quarter from POP. FQ is the only mod I haven't stayed in yet, and making the call to try it rather than CBR (my first on property and what has felt most like "home" to me) was tough. Part of me is still second guessing it, but I'm trying very hard to resist that part.

One question with the mugs... If you are at FQ can you only use it at FQ? Or can you use it at Riverside as well? Thanks!
Old 05-23-2014, 07:38 PM   #1574
wdwguy50
7 Decades of "Goofying" around with Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dug720 View Post
I love getting my mug each visit, and yes, between soda, hot cocoa, tea and coffee I get my money's worth! I just switched my marathon weekend reservation to French Quarter from POP. FQ is the only mod I haven't stayed in yet, and making the call to try it rather than CBR (my first on property and what has felt most like "home" to me) was tough. Part of me is still second guessing it, but I'm trying very hard to resist that part. One question with the mugs... If you are at FQ can you only use it at FQ? Or can you use it at Riverside as well? Thanks!
With the new RFID mugs you can use them at any Resort. POFQ is a great resort...you're going to love it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Disneyland - '57 x 4,'58 x 3,'60 x 2,'67,'06

WDW - Off site '73,'83,'88,'91, '04;CBR '99; POR '03,'13 Half Marathon), '14 x 2 (1 time just for fun and 1 time for Wine & Dine Half Marathon); POFQ '12,'13 (TOT 10 Miler), '15; POP '13, '14; CSR '07

DCL Dream - Nov 11 (Make A Wish)

wdwguy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:25 PM   #1575
VbChristy
Mouseketeer

Is there is a swing set on the property? I am one week away from our stay for my sons first birthday trip. I'm sooooooo excited!!! Thanks
VbChristy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faq, french quarter, pofq, port orleans

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: