Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #91
J.C.&ALI'SMOM
I really had to bite my tongue on that one
Wondering how we could get our moonshine on the plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcla View Post
In the US, Dr. Pepper has an exclusive bottling deal with Pepsi, so you'll often see them with as part of the same promotions and sales as Pepsi products. For fountain distribution, there's non-exclusive deals with Coke and Pepsi. So that's why McDonald's (exclusively Coke products for years) now serves Dr. Pepper.

Coca-Cola has the rights to bottle/can Dr. Pepper outside of the US. Not sure about fountain products.
I know this is from Wikipedia, but I'm pretty sure that both Pepsi and Coke distribute Dr. pepper in different parts of the country.

"In the United States, Dr Pepper Snapple Group does not have a complete network of bottlers and distributors, so the drink is sometimes bottled under contract by Coca-Cola or Pepsi bottlers. Prior to the initial Cadbury Schweppes investment-turned-buyout, 30% of Dr Pepper/Seven Up products were produced and distributed by Pepsi bottlers, and another 30% by Coca-Cola bottlers. The remaining 40% were produced and distributed by independent bottlers (mainly consisting of Dr Pepper/Seven Up premerger regional bottlers) and the Dr Pepper/Seven Up Bottling Group. Currently, the majority of Pepsi and Coke bottlers bottling Dr Pepper are owned by PepsiCo and The Coca-Cola Company after their buyouts of their major bottlers.
Presently, Dr Pepper Snapple relies on its own bottling group to bottle and distribute its products in more than 30 states. Coca-Cola and Pepsi have essentially stopped bottling and distributing CSAB products in favor of in-house alternatives, although regional exceptions can be found.[28]"

J.C.&ALI'SMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:54 PM   #92
aristocatz
DIS Veteran

My biggest pet peeve is people who do not watch their kids.....and could care less when their kids misbehave and disrupt others

aristocatz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #93
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

My pet peeve is people who cut in line on buses, push and shove to get on in front of others.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #94
moon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
Okay, it seems everyone is bothered by my own personal pet peeve of rides speaking in both English in Spanish. I'm allowed my own opinion by the way, and yes, it bothers me!

Yes, I know there are a LOT of Spanish-speaking visitors. So what. There are many visitors that speak Japanese, Russian, and French. The rides don't translate in those languages.
Maybe there are more Spanish speaking visitors than any other and that's why they do it?

WDW is a business. If they decided to include Spanish to their rides is because it makes good business sense. It obviously works for them.
moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #95
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
For those complaining about adults who scream on rides on scared when should not be I can teach your kids new words instead
Let me try to explain this a bit for you. The person wasn't complaining about people screaming out of fear, even if the ride wasn't all that scary. The person was complaining about people (usually teenagers, and more especially teenage girls) who go on the ride, knowing exactly what the ride is about, but still screaming at the top of their lungs through the whole ride, not from fear but just because they feel like it. It is very annoying to those around them.

As for teaching children new words- I really hope you don't mean what I think you mean.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #96
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post

Let me try to explain this a bit for you. The person wasn't complaining about people screaming out of fear, even if the ride wasn't all that scary. The person was complaining about people (usually teenagers, and more especially teenage girls) who go on the ride, knowing exactly what the ride is about, but still screaming at the top of their lungs through the whole ride, not from fear but just because they feel like it. It is very annoying to those around them.

As for teaching children new words- I really hope you don't mean what I think you mean.
Thank you Minnie mom
Old 09-27-2013, 09:35 PM   #97
teacup princess
DIS Veteran

The walkways at Animal Kingdom. Who designed that? We're they intentionally trying to force us to be herded like a bunch of animals down those narrow pathways? And for the love of all, people that stop on a dime in the middle of the walkway to look at their map are my biggest pet peeve. It really ruins my day to nose plant myself in the small of someone's back. Move to the side people!
teacup princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #98
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Lately, my biggest peeve has been not being allowed to take part in FP+ since we're staying offsite. Hopefully that is just a temporary peeve though.

Otherwise, I dislike people who push through crowds (like they're getting anywhere faster by doing that) and parents who make no attempt to control out-of-control kids.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #99
cjbcam
DIS Veteran

We have been to Disney once and I loved all moments except having to carry a two year Old on the bus and trying to keep balanced. Looking at people who could hold one of there kids on there knees to make more room for others. But I guess I could have waited for the next one.
cjbcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:36 AM   #100
Aladora
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post

I was the one who posted this pet peeve and yes, minnie mum, you are exactly right about what I was trying to say.

It is specifically on rides that younger kids are a bit frightened of that this drives me nuts. It took us SO long to get DS to be brave enough to try HM and then people just started screaming as loud as possible and then laughing hysterically.

Aug 1999 Honeymoon DLH, Aug 2011 DLH, Mar 2012 PVI
Apr 2013 DI&S, Sept 2013 Castle Inn, Mar 2014 DI&S
Aug 2014 PVI, Feb 2015 GCH
Aladora is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:51 AM   #101
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess View Post
Then why not just say

"people not shutting up during attractions that you need to be listening to."

If they were blonde Americans talking who she have said " blonde people not shutting up during attractions that you need to be listening to."?

I somehow doubt it
I'm thinking that the point of the people disprupting the show by talking in a language different than english is thus:

it happens more often with a foreign language because those who don't understand English are more often bored, so speak amongst themselves.

it is just as annoying in any language, but I'm thinking it happens more often with those who don't understand the narrative, so , they speak amongst themselves. or.. often one is translating.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:59 AM   #102
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
I'm thinking that the point of the people disprupting the show by talking in a language different than english is thus:

it happens more often with a foreign language because those who don't understand English are more often bored, so speak amongst themselves.

it is just as annoying in any language, but I'm thinking it happens more often with those who don't understand the narrative, so , they speak amongst themselves. or.. often one is translating.

There you go. If the Spanish speaking family behind us would have been whispering (if one was translating, as you mentioned) it wouldn't have bothered me as much but they were ALL talking out loud so it was extremely distracting.

Yes, to clarify, it bothers me when ANYONE is talking behind me in an attraction, movie theater, live play, or WHATEVER...but when they are speaking in their native language it just makes me think they probably do not understand English and I don't understand why they would even want to be there if they can't understand the narration.

And, if I were visiting another country I would have enough respect for other people to keep my mouth shut so they could listen.

Someone said we should have just moved, as CoP is never full...there were others sitting beside us, I wasn't about to get up and try to crawl over them to move. The Spanish speaking family behind us was rude. They should have had more respect for others and shut up. That's how I feel, and if I offended anyone here about my use of the word "foreigner" I apologize. I don't think the word should be offensive though, because when we visit Canada then "we" are "foreigners" as well and I'm not offended to be one.
MIGrandma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:31 AM   #103
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post

There you go. If the Spanish speaking family behind us would have been whispering (if one was translating, as you mentioned) it wouldn't have bothered me as much but they were ALL talking out loud so it was extremely distracting.

Yes, to clarify, it bothers me when ANYONE is talking behind me in an attraction, movie theater, live play, or WHATEVER...but when they are speaking in their native language it just makes me think they probably do not understand English and I don't understand why they would even want to be there if they can't understand the narration.

And, if I were visiting another country I would have enough respect for other people to keep my mouth shut so they could listen.

Someone said we should have just moved, as CoP is never full...there were others sitting beside us, I wasn't about to get up and try to crawl over them to move. The Spanish speaking family behind us was rude. They should have had more respect for others and shut up. That's how I feel, and if I offended anyone here about my use of the word "foreigner" I apologize. I don't think the word should be offensive though, because when we visit Canada then "we" are "foreigners" as well and I'm not offended to be one.
Once again you equate Spanish speaking to equal a foreigner. This is a diverse country with people who speak all sorts of languages.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #104
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladora View Post
I was the one who posted this pet peeve and yes, minnie mum, you are exactly right about what I was trying to say. It is specifically on rides that younger kids are a bit frightened of that this drives me nuts. It took us SO long to get DS to be brave enough to try HM and then people just started screaming as loud as possible and then laughing hysterically.
I agree. A couple of trips ago we were on hm and two sets of teenage girls literally screened all the way through. A dad hear me complaining and started berating me for complaining about kids "just having fun". Total jerky self centered family.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:42 AM   #105
Sydney2977
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post
The OP's post reminds me of the time we were watching Wishes and a French family stood behind us. You have to imagine a LOUD, heavy French accent saying in loooooooong drawn out fashion, "OH.......MY.......GOD!!!!!!" And she said it every five seconds. With every single flash of fireworks, we heard, "OH.....MY........GOD!!!!!" It was really getting on my nerves, as it was right in my ear.

Eventually, I started saying in an equally drawn out, dramatic fashion, "OH........MON........DIEU!!!! OH.......MON......DIEU!!!! OH........MON.......DIEU!!!!" DH was . She got the hint and stopped with the OMG!!!!!
Too funny! We had almost the same experience watching Holiday Wishes last time, except it was a lady behind us (with an accent that made her sound like Janice from "Friends") saying "WOW" all drawn out! Like you said it was after every flash. It was like she'd never seen fireworks before, but it made my family laugh. We have a running joke about it.

I think a lot of OP summed it up- inconsiderate and entitled people are a pet peeve in general no matter where you go. We've come to expect it, so when people are nice it just makes that extra bit of pixie dust for us. We look for reasons to make our day and don't let those other things break our day.

My 13yo DS came up and read just the title of this thread and said "People who complain about Disneyworld- come on, you're at Disneyworld!"

All-Star Music April 2002All-Star Movies September 2003Pop!Century February 2006All-Star Sports January 2007

Coronado Springs October 2010Coronado Springs November 2011Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2013
Sydney2977 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: